Thread: "District 13" - Hollywood watch and learn...

Administrator

England

"District 13" - Hollywood watch and learn...

Action - CGI not required...

OK, it's leave your brain at the door stuff, but it's worth it
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    I saw this in Blockbuster the other day and was put off by the Assault On Precinct 13 remake logo rip-off.

Administrator

England
    Hire out Forest Gump before anything else!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    "Lahfe is lahke a bowx o' choclites"...nah, I think I'll pass on that one matey!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    "Lahfe is lahke a bowx o' choclites"...nah, I think I'll pass on that one matey!
    Probably for the best...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Cool, I'll check it out sometime, that Parkur stuff sure looks crazy - did you see the Top Gear feature they did with (possibly) a Peugeot, driven by James May. He was racing two Parkur people through Liverpool and they won.

Well, The Transporter was brain-leaving stuff, but the action was hot stuff, so I reckon I'll like District 13. Indeed, in this day and age it's kinda funny, and ironic, that real action is now more spectacular than the CGI stuff, which was brought on to make things more spectacular than real life. Now we've gone the other way. Great isn't it?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well, The Transporter was brain-leaving stuff, but the action was hot stuff, so I reckon I'll like District 13. Indeed, in this day and age it's kinda funny, and ironic, that real action is now more spectacular than the CGI stuff, which was brought on to make things more spectacular than real life. Now we've gone the other way. Great isn't it?
    The first "Transporter" was pretty cool. But the sequel. I mean...dude somehow flips his car through the air, hits a crane hook, and it knocks off a bomb on the bottom of his car that is about the size of a toaster.

Not only that, he also crashes a jet plane into the ocean at full speed, without being harnessed in, and manages to swim away.

The stunts were a bit cheesey. Even for that sort of film.

I'll keep an eye out for "District 13"

Super Moderator

UK
    True, Transporter 1 was good action ... Transporter 2 (especially with that scrawny "model" they had barely dressed throughout *sheesh*) was just utter pants.