Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kaufmanns money

Super Moderator

UK
    Budweiser rocks, I refuse to let the Americans hog it all!

I tried something called "Budvar", which also had "Budweiser" on the label - but it definately wasn't my Bud...some rank p*ss from the Czech Republic I think ... tasted like week-warm Stella, *yuck*!

United States
    *** SPOILERS for Lotd***

From a political perspective - Kaufmann is a metaphor for GW Bush as President of the USA. The idea that our leaders could care less about the plight of the individual citizen, and only look out for themselves.

Fiddler's Green is similar to the gated communities appearing across the USA, the idea that the rich want to insulate themselves away from the decaying world outside the walls.

Law and order is maintained by amusing the general population with bread, drink, and circus. Anyone who is a troublemaker is taken away by the security forces and either thrown into prison or simply disappeared. Thrown away like yesterdays trash.

It's one reason Land of the Dead tanked at the box office. Romero went overboard on the social commentary this time.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    The reason it tanked is because everyone who wanted to see it went to see it. Standards for success are high and the Dead trilogy wasn't everyone's cup of tea.