Thread: Romero starts principal photography on "Diary of the Dead"

Administrator

England

Romero starts principal photography on "Diary of the Dead"

October 18, 2006, Toronto - Nearly 40 years after he re-invented the horror genre with "Night of the Living Dead", George A. Romero's "Diary of the Dead" began production yesterday in Toronto, Ontario. Filming will take place in and around the GTA for the next several weeks.

Talk more about this film on the dedicated forum.

"Diary of the Dead" marks Romero's first independently financed zombie film in over two decades. Written and directed by Romero and produced by Romero-Grunwald Productions and Artfire Films, "Diary of the Dead" returns to the beginning of the living dead outbreak - telling the story of a group of student filmmakers who document their deadly encounters with ravenous flesh-eaters just as the world is first plunged into chaos. The film will showcase Romero's renowned sense of diabolical humour mixed with biting social commentary while utilizing the latest in filmmaking technologies to document the rising of the dead!
    "Diary of the Dead" stars:-
    Joshua Close ("The Exorcism of Emily Rose", "K19: The Widowmaker")
    Michelle Morgan ("Alien Fire")
    Shawn Roberts ("Cheaper By The Dozen 2", "X-Men")
    Joe Dinicol ("Weirdsville")
    Phillip Riccio ("Rent-A-Goalie")
    Scott Wentworth ("Elizabeth Rex").
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    The ball is rolling...

United States
    I kinda miss him doing his filing in PA

Undisclosed

cool

Now it starts.
    "Totally Togepi!"

United States
    Back to the basics. Nice.

capncnut
    I'm beginning to wonder if everybody has mistaken this thread for the three word story.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if everybody has mistaken this thread for the three word story.
    Maybe they did.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

World War Z vs Diary

This sounds a lot like the plot for the movie based on Max Brook's World War Z that will be coming out. Taking place as it happened by the people who experienced it. anyone else see any similarity?