Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "I ask you again Capn, where would you go?"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    I will have buckets on the roof to collect rain water...
    You've been watching too much 28 Days Later.

Undisclosed
    If this were to actually happen, I'd probably crap my pants. After that, who knows.
    "Move over, boys. I'm one of the gang now." - Mantan Moreland

United States
    If it were Khardis, the zombies would probably pursue him first. The idea of eating someone with a very swelled head would be really enticing to them

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    You've been watching too much 28 Days Later.
    Well it is a good idea. lol!

Twitching

United States
    Hmm,
    Like most zombie horror fans with friends of a similar stripe I've debated the "what would you do if a zombie apocalypse occurred" til the cows come home with my buddies. Here's what we came up with.

This is Florida, other than Texas, Montana and West Virginia we have the highest cross-section of (legal) handgun owners of any state, with an estimated 53% of non-convict men owning at a mininum 1 gun and at least 1 box of appropriate ammunition. Personally, I own 2 pistols and 1 shotgun. So being caught unarmed and trying to defend ourselves with bats and screwdrivers isnt something we much worried about in our hypotheticals.
    Owing to geography and population density, Florida's a deathtrap and escape by land would be suicide as there are only a couple major roads leading out of state, and one of them will take you through Atlanta, GA..one of the worst traffic nightmares in the U.S on its best day let alone during a zombie infestation with millions of people trying to flee. Sitting still also isnt much of an option down here. The design traits to help cool Florida homes tend to make them among the worst structures you could imaging to defend. As anyone who watches what goes on during bad hurricanes knows, emergency services/law enforcement are pretty pitifully equipped to handle any sort of major disaester.

So, we decided getting out by boat would pretty much be our only option. I think the trick to surviving the first little while when everyone's in denial about whats happening and human panic is killing as many people as the zombies are, is to have what you need so you dont have to go looking for it. The biggest hitch in our plan would be how to get control of an operating boat and loading enough fuel on board to get anywhere significant, if we didnt die while trying to get that done, we could probably get out to one of the small islands off the coast to get our bearings, listen to the radio and plot a next move.