Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "I ask you again Capn, where would you go?"

capncnut

"I ask you again Capn, where would you go?"

While browsing through the recent posts, I've come up with another thread. Not entirely original but an interesting one nonetheless. Lets say a real zombie apocalypse took over the world and the tv urged you to "stay inside... behind locked doors for safety..." Would you stay inside? I thought not so here's the question. Where would you go? What would be the first place you would run to or rob?

Christmas Island
    In a place like NYC, I probably couldn't go anywhere. The food markets would be swamped with looters. Guns stores are practically non-existent. Even without those two issues, Cops and Nat. Guard would lock the city down with shoot to kill orders for both living and dead. So I guess in the end I would wind up in a sports stadium or public school for my "protection". Ehh, I think I'll just stay home.

United States
    Being from NY as well, if the NYPD & National Guard blocked the exits out of the city I would fight it out at home. I'm in a second floor apartment of a 3 story building. I would block the stairs & pray .

If I was able to get out of the city I would gather my family together & head for my brother's place. Big house in a fairly remote (for Long Island) area. He has access to the Long Island Sound & a boat so that would be our last option.

Haiti
    Stay at home or bug out? Depends on a number of factors, first how secure is home? If you were locked out and really badly wanted to get in how easy would it be for you to force an entry, I mean if damage to property wasn't an issue.
    I'll bet it's appalingly easy in most cases.

How about food and potable water, whats in your cupboards right now? Not enough to last more than a couple of days I'll wager. Are you armed? in the U.K
    at least, the answer is most likely not so improvised weapons would be all you're likely to have.

How about getting away then? Harder than you might think in a small island nation with an already groaning travel infrastructure. Imagine the millions of desperate people trying to flee the undead, making the situation worse by jamming everything up. It would be hell.

Me? I'd bug out, up north into the Southern uplands or east, up the Pennines. Stay quiet, stay out of sight. and keep as mobile as possible.
    Last edited by Chakobsa; 20-Oct-2006 at 03:05 PM.
    The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.
    Marquis De Sade.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I kind of live out in the country....so it wouldn't be so bad. I would get my baseball bats, sledgehammers, axes, etc and stay in my house. My house is quite high off of the ground, so I could knock out the front and back porch stairs and they would have to way of getting to me. Well, except through the basement/garage door.....but at least it would be the only door I would have to worry about. And it's metal, anyway.

Yeah, I'm sorry to say that I had already thought this through.

United States
    Well, if a zombie plague really hit and the world started to go to hell in a handbasket, and it looked hopeless, I would probably want to make my way to the Monroeville Mall and spend my last days on this earth reflecting upon the irony of holding out for real in a place where Roger, Peter, Fran and Flyboy held up in for pretend.

And in regards to the question "I ask you again Capn, where would you go?" I am real sure that I would certainly want to "blow the piss out of them"!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Well, if a zombie plague really hit and the world started to go to hell in a handbasket, and it looked hopeless, I would probably want to make my way to the Monroeville Mall and spend my last days on this earth reflecting upon the irony of holding out for real in a place where Roger, Peter, Fran and Flyboy held up in for pretend.
    If a real zombie crisis hit the world my man, that would be the most difficult place to get into. A million and one others would have the exact same idea. That is, unless you stole a bike, some nice leathers, a big ol' machete and a flick-comb!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I would have stayed in my house. I live in a rural area. In Sweden.

The zombie plague just wouldn't catch on. The population density is to damn low. Alright, so it's not THAT low where I live, but still. There's 16,000 people in my community. And it's a big ass community. Let's say 6,000 skip town first chance they get and half of the rest get zombiefied over the course of the first week. That's 5,000 zombies spread out across quite a large radius. My house sits on a hill pretty much, and all the zombies would have to come up that hill where I could easily spot them.

If I took them out one by one, I wouldn't have any problems. Alot of the Z-heads probably wouldn't even come looking my way, because I'm not really living in a central location.

So what if they break in you say? If they do that, I retreat to our garage, which doubles as a bombshelter. Try to bust down that door, zombies. There's a window in the back which I could escape through and do one of the "divert" things to get the zombies to go my way. Then jump in through the window and back out through the main entrance.

And, as I said, The zombie plague wouldn't really be that much of a problem here. The shortage of imported food would be worse. So while society would survive, there'd be a food shortage the first two years or so.

United States
    unless you are rich or well connected
    i dont think there is a place to go

the bomb shelters and such would be taken
    over by the elite

and i doubt that any plce could be truly safe

i think a prison or some other place would offer
    the best chances
    a place like that where getting in or out of
    is made difficult is the obvious location

as for private homes
    most likely not able to withstand a
    major attack from a concentrated group

United States
    i'd go where they use the search engine

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ead.php?t=1219

United States
    Bwhahahaha...creepntom! I had the same thought, really. This is like a 'weapons thread'...six million times and growing.

United States
    hmm A WATER TOWER!!! how fkin cool would that way, empty that bitch out brign a generator and all lifes essentials up there

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I would have stayed in my house. I live in a rural area. In Sweden.

The zombie plague just wouldn't catch on. The population density is to damn low. Alright, so it's not THAT low where I live, but still. There's 16,000 people in my community. And it's a big ass community. Let's say 6,000 skip town first chance they get and half of the rest get zombiefied over the course of the first week. That's 5,000 zombies spread out across quite a large radius. My house sits on a hill pretty much, and all the zombies would have to come up that hill where I could easily spot them.

If I took them out one by one, I wouldn't have any problems. Alot of the Z-heads probably wouldn't even come looking my way, because I'm not really living in a central location.

So what if they break in you say? If they do that, I retreat to our garage, which doubles as a bombshelter. Try to bust down that door, zombies. There's a window in the back which I could escape through and do one of the "divert" things to get the zombies to go my way. Then jump in through the window and back out through the main entrance.

And, as I said, The zombie plague wouldn't really be that much of a problem here. The shortage of imported food would be worse. So while society would survive, there'd be a food shortage the first two years or so.
    I am curious, how would you take them out one by one? Do you have guns in Sweden? Do you personally have guns and a lot of ammo? Or were you ugonna throw snowballs at them?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    Bwhahahaha...creepntom! I had the same thought, really. This is like a 'weapons thread'...six million times and growing.
    yeah but he's new its when the old members start these up again and again that really bug me.

United States
    its true what hellsing said

what fun is it for a new member to search thru an archive
    when they can have a fresh discussion
    with all the new people
    who were not around to be a part
    of the original posts

i think as "old timers" we can
    stand to discuss these things a little bit more

and i remember the last post about this
    and it actually ended up being pretty funny
    with people showing the lamest spots to hold up in