Thread: Top Gear Mountain...

Super Moderator

UK

Top Gear Mountain...

You know the drill, take anything and slap the Brokeback Mountain song on it with some text interupting now and then ... but as a massive Top Gear fan, I did actually find this pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWE7mq36jKg

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not familiar with "Top Gear", but there are MANY of these same types of trailers.

My favorites are for "Shaun" and "Lethal Weapon".

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, the one for Shaun was fantastic.

YouTube up some Tog Gear clips - it's a great show, I think you guys in America get it on BBC Prime or something like that. It's a car show, but a lot of it is about the three presenters and their very blokey relationship - all taking the mick out of each other, they've all got their own character traits. It's a great show, they review some fantastic cars and do some crazy features - like Caravan Conkers or Car Darts. Their races across Europe (e.g. Aston Martin DB9 versus a train or the Bugatti Veyron versus a light aircraft).

capncnut
    I can see a big blockbuster movie in this... "Top Q**er!"

I have to admit, being a fan of this programme also, that Clarkson and Hammond are a right pair of old bitches. If you fail to cry with laughter during their geeky car quarrels, then you are not alive! Damn, I hope they still let Hamster do his thing when he recovers.

Is q**er a swear word? Mmm... this is 'sensitive' subject matter, I think I'll censor it anyway!
    Last edited by capncnut; 20-Oct-2006 at 03:19 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah Hamster has apparently been chomping at the bit to get back into filming, but he's gotta ease up for a bit to recover and reboot his noggin', so there won't be an Autumn series so they'll probably hold everything shot so far over till the summer-ish series, although they're back to filming again (albeit more relaxed I'd imagine).

The key programme/decision makers on the show (Clarkson, May and Andy Wilman - producer) all said they'd rather not do Top Gear if it didn't involve Hammond - needless to say the BBC were persuaded with ease, as it's one of their top shows, sold all around the globe (80 countries I believe), it also won a bleedin' Emmy! So next year, Top Gear will be back to normal - as will Hamster, hopefully - he certainly had a very close scrape last month!