Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scarface ... a legend raped by a videogame...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "Looks like somebody's got a case of the Mondays!"

It sucks about your computer, man. But about this Scarface game......how the hell is it supposed to take place after the film. Did these people not see the ending, or what?

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, the game starts at the end of the film and basically instead of dying, you survive - like an alternate timeline/universe type thing. You even get to turn around (verrrrrrrrrry slowly) and shoot the guy who sneaks up behind Montana at the end of the flick and blast away his balls ... then after a few hours the game will give your computer a stroke and you'll spend the rest of the day crying into your hands ...

Scotland
    Sod's law indeed. You bad mouth the game so it ****s up your computer.

Might be worth 'acquiring' an XP Setup disk, like you did with Scarface.

That way if it goes FUBAR then you can format and start over again.

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, I was just about to say the same damn thing - the game did it to me cos I called it out, hehe ... cor I duno, after today's (and no doubt tomorrow and beyond's? ) trials and tribulations I'm not downloading software ever again ... unless it's from Reloaded...

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Also, like I said, my rig handles HL2 with the fancy pants High Dynamic Range and exceeds the requirements of "Sh*tface: This Crap Is Yours" (), so I have absolutely no need to upgrade for this game. Much of the lag is down to a piss poor engine, a piss poor set of controls and a piss poor conversion to PC.

Such a superb movie ... such a turd burgling game ... holy crap am I glad I didn't waste a single penny on it, and they wonder why people download...
    You got a way with words MZ. It has taken me the last 10 minutes to stop crying!

Super Moderator

UK
    Flattery, dear sir, will get you everywhere with me.

I just love riffing on the English language.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've seen a bunch of GOOD reviews of this game. You guys are the only ones I've seen knockin it, so far.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    evryones entitled to an opinion if we all loved the same stuff life would be broing...and a little creepy.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I've seen a bunch of GOOD reviews of this game. You guys are the only ones I've seen knockin it, so far.
    Ahem!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What about "The Godfather" game? I don't gve a damn how good of a game it may be, it deserves to be slammed just because its a VIDEO GAME OF "THE GODFATHER"!

United States
    Meh, I've seen the game, i'm not impressed. When I saw this was going to be released, I did not have high hopes for it. Usually, this kind of game (movie converted to game) sucks, and apparently this one follows right along with the rest.

agreed - it does indeed look like a console game converted to a pc game.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 24-Oct-2006 at 01:40 PM.

capncnut
    What is it with these movie game franchises? They all blow! Reservoir Dogs, The Godfather, Scarface... and soon we're gonna get Taxi Driver and Dirty Harry... I am hard pressed to think of a good game that's been lifted from a Hollywood movie.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    What is it with these movie game franchises? They all blow! Reservoir Dogs, The Godfather, Scarface... and soon we're gonna get Taxi Driver and Dirty Harry... I am hard pressed to think of a good game that's been lifted from a Hollywood movie.
    Seems like Rockstar games could handle these titles pretty well. I played a few minutes of "The Warriors" and it seemed pretty cool. Then again, it was only a few minutes worth of gaming. But come on, "Reservoir Dogs" or "Taxi Driver" in the style of "Grand Theft Auto".......you can't say that doesn't seem like it could potentially be very awesome.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Seems like Rockstar games could handle these titles pretty well. I played a few minutes of "The Warriors" and it seemed pretty cool. Then again, it was only a few minutes worth of gaming. But come on, "Reservoir Dogs" or "Taxi Driver" in the style of "Grand Theft Auto".......you can't say that doesn't seem like it could potentially be very awesome.
    The Warriors is one of the most fun games that came out recently. Highly recommended.

I've read that Reservoir Dogs is a huge steaming pile of dog shiv, though.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    The Warriors is one of the most fun games that came out recently. Highly recommended.

I've read that Reservoir Dogs is a huge steaming pile of dog shiv, though.
    I will agree with that one, Reservoir dogs is pretty crap.

It's fun to watch the special moves like stubbing a cigar out on someones face or cutting off their fingers with a cigar clipper, but thats as far as it goes for originality.

Is the Warriors out for the PC?