Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Day Remake TRAILER!!!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by creepntom View Post
    for the love of l ron muhameed christ,

some of you expect too damn much. it didn't look that bad. it definitly didn't look like something the lame ass sci fi channel made, considering i seen no lame CGI graphics. from what i've read about this, they're not trying remake the original frame for frame (unlike the omen ), just trying to show what happens in a day of the outbreak. the only thing i seen wrong was that the zombies looked liked runners, which i'm not fond of, but i'm not going to discredit the movie over it.

if you wanna-be Eberts think you can do better, have at it. i hope you can take the same criticism that you dish out.

Dude you seriously have no love for Zombie films. If I'm honest with you Dawn of the dead remake was a pile of **** the originals were much better masterpieces. I am fed up with modern directors who have lost the passion and art of creating films. They think they can feed us **** like that and we like it...... give me a break. Day of the dead remake will not be getting the thumbs up from me. Just shows how little modern directors care about films

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    The Day remake was ok nothing special It much better than the dawn remake I read alot of bad reviews for the movie then I got a copy of It and actually enjoied It It wasnt the best In the word the special effects arent the best but still give It a watch It.

United States
    I hated the Day remake.It is the worse zombie movie ever.

United States
    I just saw it last night (for free) and it was an average action film.

It was NOT a zombie film. Zombies don't run like the Flash, climb walls/ceilings like Spider-Man and roar like a dinosaur. Zombies also aren't picky and choosey about their eating habits ("I'm a vegetarian.") and Nick Cannons one liners, while supposed to show how tough and bad he was, were just too forced.
    The ending was also really predictable, even the last "zombie" who jumps at the camera at the very end.

Like I said, it's an average action film and should not be looked at as anything other than that. It certainly should NOT have used the Day of the Dead title. All in all, I will give it:

Super Moderator

UK
    Average is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too kind to this rank and absolutely fetid sack of sh*t that is Ghey'08.

I've seen plenty of average actioners, and they all utterly skull f*ck the non-existent brains out of this absolutely ghastly, name-raping pile of anus.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    absolutely ghastly, name-raping pile of anus.
    Would you mind terribly if I use this phrase in the future? It is absolutely freakin' spectacular!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Would you mind terribly if I use this phrase in the future? It is absolutely freakin' spectacular!
    By all means, good Sir.

And that's the medical definition of the Day of the Dead Remake as well.

Just been bitten archivesofthede's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by adventous View Post
    Dude you seriously have no love for Zombie films. If I'm honest with you Dawn of the dead remake was a pile of **** the originals were much better masterpieces. I am fed up with modern directors who have lost the passion and art of creating films. They think they can feed us **** like that and we like it...... give me a break. Day of the dead remake will not be getting the thumbs up from me. Just shows how little modern directors care about films
    I disagree.

2004 Dawn is probably the best zombie film since Day of the Dead was released in 1985. Was it better? No. Was it close? Yes. The only other one was Land of the Dead, which is probably just right under it.

Zack Snyder did a fantastic job and I'm a fan of his work.

The Day remake was bad, but it was still better than a lot of other films that have came out over the last 10 years.
    ARCHIVES OF THE DEAD - RIP

Super Moderator

United States
    Right on, Archives!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Yeah archives. . I gotta throw my own "word up" in there for ya as well.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post

It was NOT a zombie film. Zombies don't run like the Flash, climb walls/ceilings like Spider-Man and roar like a dinosaur.
    actually the way the zombies in ghey 08 run reminds me of the way characters were sped up in benny hill to the point that i couldn't stop laughing once it occurred to me.

another way to look at the way the zombies run in ghey 08 was put forth by capn - they look like people who are really busting to take a shit but have like a mile to go to reach the nearest toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by archivesofthede View Post

2004 Dawn is probably the best zombie film since Day of the Dead was released in 1985
    fucking please. dead set and shaun of the dead make yawn 04 look like the inept, vacuous piece of shit that it is.

i have given yawn 04 many chances to redeem itself by watching it several times. i have finally realized that i can get just as much entertainment out of watching a track meet (which is how yawn 04 is paced).
    Last edited by Mike70; 14-Jan-2009 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    fucking please. dead set and shaun of the dead make yawn 04 look like the inept, vacuous piece of shit that it is.

i have given yawn 04 many chances to redeem itself by watching it several times. i have finally realized that i can get just as much entertainment out of watching a track meet (which is how yawn 04 is paced).

Maybe I'm just a fanatic.

But, No.. I won't argue that Shaun of the Dead wasn't good. I didn enjoy it. I felt it was just more humor based and in it's own genre with the Returns.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Average is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too kind to this rank and absolutely fetid sack of sh*t that is Ghey'08.

I've seen plenty of average actioners, and they all utterly skull f*ck the non-existent brains out of this absolutely ghastly, name-raping pile of anus.
    Gay Of The Dead would have been a more appropriate title.

As for it's running, ceiling grid crawling, Benny Hill, vegetarian zombies..Pah!
    Once Bitten, Forever Smitten.

Undisclosed
    You guys are stressing me out.

United States
    "Its a bad day to be a zombie"
    I hate your guts nick cannon.
    "Are you asking me if I think you're pretty or if I'll f*** you? Cause you don't have to be pretty for me to f*** you"