Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Day Remake TRAILER!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!!

*clutches bleeding eyeballs*

My vision has been raped!!!

Like I've always said, that'll be a complete and utter, total 100% sh*tfest. I thought it was going to be atrocious just hearing about it, now seeing the trailer it's going to even exceed my extremely poor expectations of this lump of crap.

"Bad day to be a zombie" pretty much sums up this whole thing. And see the trailer, how the hell is this movie a remake of Day of the Dead?! At least Yawn04 had a mall ... and speaking of Yawn04 (and being the guy who coined the term "Yawn04"), I'd rather bow down and lick the shaft of Yawnorama2004 than watch this heap of sh*t ... okay, well I'll probably attempt to watch Day07 just so I can add a new list of things I can take the piss of.

Ving Rhames, American Pie/Beauty chick ... everyone else involved in it ... kiss your careers goodbye, it certainly is far from worthy of including on a CV.

And the zombies ... *sigh* ... they look like crap, they have demon eyes, they shriek and leap across rooms. And straight away with some sex, followed by impossibly youthful army folk who have blatantly never seen combat, let alone training with those good looks and immaculate skin. It's like 'American Pie's Army' ... oh the crapitude.

If only GAR had been a better businessman and not been screwed over so many times in terms of rights...*sigh*...the poor guy must be deep down gutted that his work is being raped in such a way.

Still - the original Day of the Dead has NOTHING to worry about. Like with all remakes - the original (and 99% of the time, better) film follows it around like a shadow - "a remake of the original classic" is a line we all know rather well by now.

Day of the Remake can 'suck a f*ck' and sh*t off.

Anyone willing to drop any money on this film (e.g. cinema ticket) has gotta be out of their minds.

One more thing - AGAIN WITH THE OVERCOOKED "BEGINNING OF" CRAP!!!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 23-Oct-2006 at 12:10 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can't say that I'm surprised. This will probably end up making alot of money off of the youngsters, though.

Whew. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and wait until I see it. But damn......

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by sirjacktorrance View Post
    the dawn remake almost has a 70´s vibe
    Say what?

Undisclosed
    Woah, you guys are not looking forward to this new film one bit. I've just learned to look at each of these new Zombie films as a stand alone film in its own right. Try not to compare it George's work because NOTHING will ever be good if you judge by those standards.

"I dont know whats better getting laid or getting paid, I just
    know that when I get one the others getting away!"

United States
    it smells of resident evil all over again, except with a few more zombie scenes

United States
    Oh......

Oh........

Maybe if I pretend that I didn't see that......and hope for some seriously better editing before release.
    A penny for the old guy.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by creepntom View Post
    nope, not a producer, but some of you bitch & moan when the movie isn't what YOU want it to be. you don't have to agree with how the movie was made to accept it as it was made. heaven forbid someone do a movie the way they wanted to do it. it's one thing to ask "why'd they do this?'' or "why didn't they do that?". it's another to say "i'd have done this." well, remake it your way then. otherwise, stfu & get over it. whining about it isn't going to make the director change his "vision" of the film. do you really think he gives a flip what someone he'll never meet or be aquainted with opinion is, honestly? if you really want to prove your point, don't go see it. problem solved

BTW, some people on here ARE film makers, or at the least, trying to be.
    I think the point that people are making (consciencously or unconsciencously) is not that a film maker shouldnt be able to make whatever kind of film they want, regardless of what you or I or anyone thinks it should be, but that a film maker shouldnt glom off the name of another film in order to make more profits and/or bring attention to his film. I mean, if I want to make a movie about the Mafia, but kind of a comedy, with slapstick music and a big pie fight scene at the end, I absolutely should have the right to. But it seems dishonest at the very least to call my movie "The Godfather" in an effort to fool viewers into thinking it has anything to do with the Francis Ford Coppola classic.

United States
    Wow, boning scene, stoopid dialouge, too pretty actors, Ving Rhmaes doinf the same character he always does, fling zombies. Steve Miner seems to be using the Friday the 13th formula here. I have never seen army girls who look like that. and Nick Cannon is soooo smoooth . Whats with the Knfe scene and the nerdy kid?!?!
    Another crap fest, that I'll endure no matter how ****e I'm reasonably sure it'll be. Ya gotta have hope

Also, I'm not so much a zombie movie fan as a GAR fan. If some one remakes what is, imo, a classic film and craps all over it, I'm going to crap all over them.

and I agrre, PhillySwat, completely. These people are leeches.
    Over the years when I refer to the unitiated to my love of Dawn and NOTLD etc, they always thought I was talking about Return of the living Dead. A fun series that really shouldn;t inpsire love and ispiration in anyone. Now they would think I mean Yawn04 and this turd. I wont even try to mention or explain because it would be embarrasing and make me seem like a total knob.

Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    Woah, you guys are not looking forward to this new film one bit. I've just learned to look at each of these new Zombie films as a stand alone film in its own right. Try not to compare it George's work because NOTHING will ever be good if you judge by those standards.
    Then dont call it a reimagining (duh) or remake and use the title. It INVITES comparason. If it was called "Dumb ass Zombie Hollywood Junk" I probably would be more magnanamous, but it's not. Its called day of the Dead.
    I would ask them
    "Just what the hell are you doing with my time?"
    Last edited by coma; 23-Oct-2006 at 04:13 PM.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    well there won't really be a bunker, and from what i read the story takes place over a 24 hour period... hence DAY of the DEAD title. The writer actually made the story fit the title, but I am not liking what my eyeballs are seeing.

The "BadDay To Be a Zombie" line, and Ving's acting in the scene... What's wrong with these people? Just scream horrid.

Looks like taurus, even though not full involved has brought another turd to the masses. Even though Nu Image is releasing it, Jim Dudelsonmynuttleson seems to have put his stink all over this.

I will have to see another teaser before I completely blast this anymore. However, what I watched made LAND look like it was Oscar caliber material.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Fiji
    a couple things.

1) creepntom your a ****ing retard. your on a fansite for the Romero series, better yet on a web board about the remakes on said fansite. and complaining about the direction of fan conjecture in response towards a blatantly unprofessional trailer. for a remake that has nothing to do with the source material beyond a surface scrape.

seriously,
    your
    a
    retard.

2) that was without a doubt one of the worst film trailers, i've seen. period.

3) i'll bet your right now the ending to the film will be:

after fighting their way out of town, the survivors will discover that the infection they fought so hard to contain has spread through unseen means, and now the entire country/planet/MMORPG is infected.

CUE ending raprock song and a lead in to Day of the Dead 2" The Bub-ening.

4) also way to rip off the resident evil plot line of Evil Biomedical corp + random "research" = zombies.

5) zombies can no longer just run, now they can do Le Parkour, and basic grappeling. thems some skilled zoms right dere. maybe we can get them to fight Ortiz on UFC next season......

6) the official tag line should be Day of the Dead: full of fail.

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I will have to see another teaser before I completely blast this anymore. However, what I watched made LAND look like it was Oscar caliber material.
    this might actually elevate day fo the dead2 to "watchable"

but not children of the living dead.
    Last edited by p2501; 23-Oct-2006 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501 View Post
    this might actually elevate day fo the dead2 to "watchable"
    Dude I was drinking ice tea when i read this, and you now officially owe me a keyboard and a new bic lighter.

Nothing can be horrible enough to make DAY 2 watchable. Even Van Damme's 1988 crapfest black Eagle is more watchable than Day 2.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Fiji
    heh, then my work here is done.

I dunno, i find Day of the dead 2 better then house of the dead. so by that scale dotd2 isn't the worst film ever made.

Administrator

England
    Link no longer works

I didn't get to watch it properly
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    I can't get the link to work, either. Perhaps, that's a good thing....

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Link no longer works

I didn't get to watch it properly
    the sites been on anf off all day. i couldn;t get the page to load around 09:30 , but at 13:00 it ran fine. so keep trying.

it's in quick time so someone nicked it, if not i'll grab you a copy tonight and email it to you.