Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Day Remake TRAILER!!!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sirjacktorrance View Post
    only a retarded will make a script of "day of the dead" with the begginings of a infection.i f one good health brain man has the oportunnity to write a script reimaginig day,the last thing he does is begins the infection from day one. Not only that.Reddyck even want to find reason of the disease.if you look closely to the first images of the ****ing trailer,you could see a "no trespassing "advice.later inthe trailer a scintist says that:"he donīt has nothing to do with the origin of this outbreak".thatīs suspicious...i think all the scientifics issue has to do with a origin of the infection and not the find of a solution ...is all related to a virus.itīs more a dawn of the dead 04 remake.the good news isthat the same month we have a date with a zombie movie that looks better:Planet Terror,witch has more in commond with the romeroverse and Day of the dead:he has Savini in the cast and Nicotero on the effects.
    i really hope that the movie will go to the dvd video market..if not iīm sure the movie will fall at the boxoffice.i īm not gonna see in the theatre. this is not a remake is a desesperate intend to make profit over the rights of the "day of the dead" title without any involvement of someone with talent or love for the genre. The thing that more bothers me is.. why they donīt call a good director who likes the original??thereīs lots of people that could have make a good remake. rob zombie(if he can make a halloween...)Roger Avary(he loves the romero saga and he almost directs the dawn remake).
    iTīS difficult to make things such a bad way. Steve Miner dont understand nothing and he give us a "dawson creek"vibe zombie movie with a script write by final destination mediocre JR.

You obviously never read the interview DC or Fango did with the man.

His reason for calling it DAY of the DEAD is because all the events take place within a single day (24 hour period) Hence the title DAY of the DEAD. ROmero never used the title like the remake is, His title was more to fit in with the Night, Dawn, Day theme... Romero's use of the title is completely different, Jeff, the writier of the remake actually put the title to use in the story. HENCE the term DAY of the DEAD (1 day, of the military dealing with the zombie outbreak.)

DO-YOU-UNDERSTAND-THEWORDS-COMING-OUT-OF-MY-MOUTH?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    I-UNDERSTAND-THANKS

yes i read the interview and the fango article. i know the fact the movie "day of the dead 07" takes the DAY concept literally.but maybe you havenīt understand me at all cause when I say "only a retarded will make a script of "day of the dead" with the begginings of a infection.i f one good health brain man has the oportunnity to write a script reimaginig day,the last thing he does is begins the infection from day one", I mean that making a movie in which everything takes place in 24 hours is not a new concept. Itīs the same old movie we have seen dozens of times. Itīs really like a 4th or 5th NOLD remake...
    original day takes place in a few 2 days,he can reimagine the concept to make in a literal "day of the dead"if he will but the day not has to be the day one for god sake!. even the dawn remake donīt gets more than 10-11 minutes to explain an outbreak more advanced that this day remake.

the summary of this is that i found "calling it DAY of the DEAD because all the events take place within a single day (24 hour period) to Hence the title DAY of the DEAD" a very very bad idea. the last idea a zombie fan want to see a remake of the original day. in fact the idea is pretty stupid.

but letīs keep on ripping the trailer:

i think this guy is..... DR LOGAN!!!!

Last edited by sirjacktorrance; 24-Oct-2006 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sirjacktorrance View Post

i think this guy is..... DR LOGAN!!!!

GOD I HOPE NOT!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Despite changing the use of the title, it's still a "remake" of GAR's film ... although you'd struggle to see how from that eye-raping trailer. Even if they change the use of the title in some way, with the Dawn remake so recent, it's blatantly still just to use a pre-establish, cult success, brand to their advantage, having somehow come across the rights to GAR's dark and gloomy, everything's hopeless for mankind now original.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I swear after watching that trailer I thought I was seeing Contagium part 2. It is that bad. I cannot get passed how ****ty it looks.

They also should have shot it in 2.35:1. dumbasses.

I sent an email to NU IMAGE from work and Posted every forum link on every horror website I could find letting them know the fans hate the films trailer and how stupid it looks.

I said do yourself a favor... Pull that trailer off the web, and get someone in there like ZACK SNYDER to competently direct this fawker.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I swear after watching that trailer I thought I was seeing Contagium part 2. It is that bad. I cannot get passed how ****ty it looks.

I sent an email to NU IMAGE from work and Posted every forum link on every horror website I could find letting them know the fans hate the films trailer and how stupid it looks.

I said do yourself a favor... Pull that trailer off the web, and get someone in there like ZACK SNYDER to competently direct this fawker.
    You didn't get a reply did you!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Australia
    Looks like we now have FLYING ZOMBIES. I saw them jump out windows from 30 ft in the air...
    See? I told ya's, but ya's didn't believe me.

WTF, even Snyder and Boll, and Dan O'Bannon didn't stoop that low.
    Ah, but Romero did. Remember Hinzman? Technically he had both feet off the ground at one point... So quit yer belly achin'!
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed

you really did?? haahahahah!!yeah!! we had to do the same before they cast that people.

Undisclosed
    Word from Jeffrey Reddick...

"That was actually a tweaked version of the trailer that Steve cut in Bulgaria for the cast and crew wrap party. Nu Image did a few revisions and put it together for AFM. It was from an avid output...not even a color corrected print."

I got that yesterday in an email I sent him telling him I felt the film would definately have an uphill battle with the diehard GAR fans...
    He said he saw the reaction .....

Ps ...that IS the new Dr.Logan !
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCentral View Post
    Word from Jeffrey Reddick...

"That was actually a tweaked version of the trailer that Steve cut in Bulgaria for the cast and crew wrap party. Nu Image did a few revisions and put it together for AFM. It was from an avid output...not even a color corrected print."

I got that yesterday in an email I sent him telling him I felt the film would definately have an uphill battle with the diehard GAR fans...
    He said he saw the reaction .....

Ps ...that IS the new Dr.Logan !
    Ask him about the super zombies he made. The freak noise they make. The jumping out of windows. The excessive agressiveness. The speed. This is like Contagium all over again. I don't want to go prejudging this, I've been trying not to. But that trailer just scared the hell outta me.

My hoop for Mr. Reddick to jump through to win my praise has now been raised exactly five feet.

Dead

Undisclosed
    The people who put this f*cking disgrace together should be dropped off in the middle of Baghdad naked with their hands and feet tied together.

I don't care what any fan of Contagium fan or "prospective film maker" says, this movie is a bloody ass rape. Coat a broom handle with broken glass, dip it in rat sh*t and ram it up the original film's ass and this is what we're going to see in the theaters.

I hope the director of this monstrosity gets everything he deserves for not taking the time to make a better film.

I HOPE YOU READ THIS, YOU ^%^%##$%^&*(!!!!!!!!!!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    I don't care what any fan of Contagium fan or "prospective film maker" says, this movie is a bloody ass rape.

Jim102016..I certainly hope this was not directed at me by any means...my only objective here is bringing news to the fans ...I speak with the writer of this "ass rape" here & there and I actually sent him an email on the users response here at the HPOTD to enlighten him to their objections. To make your voices heard...

My last post was his response..simple.

I am alongside a lot of the users here in their disdain for the trailer appearance & content, I am not thrilled.

BUT..... by being a webmaster for a site about GAR's films & a fan of GAR's films I have to make a disitinction between MY opinion and the information I'm bringing to the table.

Now if my interviewing the writer for this film on my site to get to the bottom of the web rumors and then hosting the trailer on my site for the fans to view makes me a "Contagium fan" in your opinion...

then you're more narrow minded than i thought. I am not promoting this film nor would I because my fan loyalty lies with GAR.

This is a supposed "remake" of my favorite GAR dead film & I thought the news would be of interest to other like minded fans.

...and if that wasn't the intention of your statement ..then I just wasted 5 mins of typing and ....party on dude..!
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

Administrator

England
    Although I'm concerned about what I saw (& heard) in the trailer, I cannot completely dismiss the film until I've seen in. It may well have some merit. Here's hoping!

Note: Running (fast moving) zombies have the possibility to be utterly terrifying, if done well! However, superhuman zombies with supernatural screams are daft!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    ROFLPARKOURZOMBIES!!!

Good one Dj, I certainly hope they enjoyed hearing the trailer raped my eyeballs. Long live GAR's classic, f*ck this retarded remake - Day of the Remake, if you will - right up the rotten back passage.

Leave a man's good work alone, something he struggled to get made, leave it be - make your own damn - original - movie. Geez.

I'm looking forward to seeing a True Hollywood Story about one of the actors in this film, I can see it now - "and then it all took a downward spiral when they starred in the Day of the Dead remake - from then on they couldn't get any decent work".

I'm not dropping a single penny on this garbage, like I've said before.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    color corrected?? is the same tale he tell us with production stills. i saw lots of "not color corrected"previews of films and still looks good. i donīt like the photography of the movie.thatīs all.the PHotogrphy in the movie is done in the set.not later. if they can made something on this, spend one or two millions more on postproduction...