Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: George Romero Comments on Dawn '04

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by zombievsshark View Post
    it's like a bunch of siblings fighting for approval from their father in this thread.
    couldnt have said better meself, when it comes to choosing one particular film or book or wahtever over another its about 90% certain that you'll get a flame war, especially bout dawn 04' or land of the dead, but sadly its inevitable and when one stops another starts, which when you consider the age gaps between some flamers it is really sad.

as for georges view i agree with what he said in fangoria a while back that the first 15 minutes were great but it tapered out after that, that and the bloody a team monatage with the buses, that was just wrong.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    couldnt have said better meself, when it comes to choosing one particular film or book or wahtever over another its about 90% certain that you'll get a flame war, especially bout dawn 04' or land of the dead, but sadly its inevitable and when one stops another starts, which when you consider the age gaps between some flamers it is really sad.

as for georges view i agree with what he said in fangoria a while back that the first 15 minutes were great but it tapered out after that, that and the bloody a team monatage with the buses, that was just wrong.
    I didnt think this was a flame war, for the most part.
    And by refering to the age gaps between "flamers" Are you refering to us mid 30s Plus fellas? That we are immature? If you are you will find that the main difference between being 19 and in your mid 30s is better dick control but the sad paradox of being less horny. . And possibly a deeper existential angst reinforced less by hormones and more by reality
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im not aiming at anyone in particular its just that this forum has a pretty varied age of its members and its just wierd that you get people who are like 35 bitchin with people in the early 20's, if you saw that kind of thing on the street it'd just be wierd, and when it comes to dawn and land its an argument with no winners or end, hence the reason it keeps coming up.

United States
    im not aiming at anyone in particular its just that this forum has a pretty varied age of its members and its just wierd that you get people who are like 35 bitchin with people in the early 20's, if you saw that kind of thing on the street it'd just be wierd, and when it comes to dawn and land its an argument with no winners or end, hence the reason it keeps coming up.
    I would say thats one of the cool things about the internet.
    and 35 aint dead. Somepeople are old at 25 and some people keep enjoying life.
    I think adrenos song was pretty damn funny btw.
    If I saw any 2 people arguing about that stuff on the street I would think it was wierd, but cool. Better than 10 dicks on the subway have 10 different conversations on those dumb ass walkie talkies talking about the shoes they're wearing to the "club" tonight.
    When I was 18, 19 I thought 25 was old. When you get older you see that people aren't that different.
    And also I point out that some of you younger fella have no idea what it was like for the years before the internet when you had NO ONE to discuss this stuff with. We used to travel hours to see a movie. I never take places like this for granted. I still regularly think "wow. the internets is really cool"
    I think thats why many people my age here are soooo enthusiastic.
    I act the way I want. I think age restrictions on discourse and levels of fun are dumb and you'll feel that way too when your my age. I guarantee it.

Maybe the inverse is you young whippersnappers not knowing your place

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    I thought you said youre not a fanboy? I went ot see the film because I am a GAR fan, but I couldnt bring myself to like it because it simply sucked. That makes me a fan... liking a movie only because its made by someone and not on the films merit reeks of fanboydom.
    This will be the single and only time we probably agree.

I wrote a scathing review of Land 2 days before it opened wide and was chewed out pretty bad about by a friend in the production. He said I thought you were a fan... My reply was because I am fan and appreciate the mans work over the year is the reason I am telling you it sucks. That wasn't a George Romero zombie film... I don't know what that was. As a fan i feel i should be honest and not blow smoke up someone's ass and praise a film I felt took his trademark zombie legacy down to a sub-par level.

I am eager to see Diary, I don't like the premise, but he is working out of the studio system and that alone is enough for me to have hope for Diary. However, if it sucks I will voice my opinion loud & clear.

I guess I am astickler for his under the radar style of filmmaking. When you don't have the $$$ at your disposal you have to be more creative, and with LAND he pretty much had Cartre Blanche. Take the man back to his WINO's wallet he did his best stuff then.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 27-Oct-2006 at 11:44 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    I would say thats one of the cool things about the internet.
    and 35 aint dead. Somepeople are old at 25 and some people keep enjoying life.
    I think adrenos song was pretty damn funny btw.
    If I saw any 2 people arguing about that stuff on the street I would think it was wierd, but cool. Better than 10 dicks on the subway have 10 different conversations on those dumb ass walkie talkies talking about the shoes they're wearing to the "club" tonight.
    When I was 18, 19 I thought 25 was old. When you get older you see that people aren't that different.
    And also I point out that some of you younger fella have no idea what it was like for the years before the internet when you had NO ONE to discuss this stuff with. We used to travel hours to see a movie. I never take places like this for granted. I still regularly think "wow. the internets is really cool"
    I think thats why many people my age here are soooo enthusiastic.
    I act the way I want. I think age restrictions on discourse and levels of fun are dumb and you'll feel that way too when your my age. I guarantee it.

Maybe the inverse is you young whippersnappers not knowing your place

you raise at least 3 or 4 very good points there i gotta admit, life before forums *shudders* now thats a scary thought.
    thats like thinking about back in the 90's when you had just VHS so you got no film extras.

Australia
    Land flopped because it was a trite pretentious boring political tirade.
    Pretentious? Boring? Tirade? You'd know all about that.

Jesus, could Romero have given a more humble, polite and sincere response? The man is a class act all the way.

Yessir, a few people around here could learn a thing or two from our man George.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Pretentious? Boring? Tirade? You'd know all about that.

Jesus, could Romero have given a more humble, polite and sincere response? The man is a class act all the way.

Yessir, a few people around here could learn a thing or two from our man George.
    Yeah. It was pure class to call the film an action videogame. That wasnt arrogance of any kind.Stop being a fanboy.

Undisclosed
    It was an action movie? A Video game? No George, it wasnt. If it was, then youre pretentious flop "Land of the dead" was a political ad. Its like the guy cant stand that someone elses zombie film was more successful commercially than his. I understand the title and concepts were ripped off, but George, its time to evolve baby.
    Yikes! The Romero gods will send bad karma your way.
    "Totally Togepi!"

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomOnYou View Post
    jesus, i'm sick of hearing that faggot word fan-boy
    It applies unfortunatly to some people here.

United States
    It applies unfortunatly to some people here.
    Kid, here's a bit of advice for you.....give the "fanboy bitching" a rest, or, move on to some other forum where people actually give a rat's ass about your weak attempt at opinions.
    You've become very pretentious and boring, yourself.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome View Post
    Kid, here's a bit of advice for you.....give the "fanboy bitching" a rest, or, move on to some other forum where people actually give a rat's ass about your weak attempt at opinions.
    You've become very pretentious and boring, yourself.
    I see you still have nothing constructive to add to the conversation. And calling me kid, then pretentious is ironic, dont you think? Heres an idea, if you dont like dissenting opinions, ignore them. Or keep going the way youre going for another ban. up to you son.

United States
    I see you still have nothing constructive to add to the conversation. And calling me kid, then pretentious is ironic, dont you think? Heres an idea, if you dont like dissenting opinions, ignore them. Or keep going the way youre going for another ban. up to you son.
    riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Last edited by Adrenochrome; 28-Oct-2006 at 05:12 PM.

United States
    you raise at least 3 or 4 very good points there i gotta admit, life before forums *shudders* now thats a scary thought.
    thats like thinking about back in the 90's when you had just VHS so you got no film extras.
    I was thinking more of before 85/86 when a VCR was 250 dollars (A LOT of money), a tape was 50/100 bucks to buy (Betamax often) and a video Rental place charged 50 bucks plus just to get a card (not a deposit). So most people didn't have one. You would see a tiny ad in the newspaper for , say. Driller Killer, and you'd travel really really far to some awful neighborhood. Sticky Floors and Bums etc. If the Movie sucked you'd get super Pissed. There was Only Famous Monsters Magazine (basically sucky) before Fango (which used to rule). Forget learning about Ameteur film. You'd pick up bits and pieces and just experiment with the makeup and end up with weird rashes. 2 minuts of Super 8 was like 25 bucks with processing and sometimes youd have to mail it away. IF someone blew a take you'd wanna beat them brain damaged.
    Off topic and I sound old like Abe Simpson
    "Back them we used to carry an onion in our pocket, cause that was the fashion, y'know."

I think GAR is very gracious, cause I bet you he actually dislikes Dawn04 it but is loath to be rude and disparaging. Land wasn't awseome, but to me it's just a Bonus. He wasn't going to make anymore. I dont really consider it part of the trilogy. Its too different.

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    Khardis you are a character , 25 yrs old and calling a 40 yr old "son"...that's classic!! pretentious and arrogant as well....
    You're opinion is duly noted, but true fans of Georges films respect the man for bring the genre to fruition, ...where would hacks like Zack Snyder,James Gunn or even the new Day remake writer Jeffrey Reddick & Steve Minor be without Georges films to base their weakly pathetic remakes on???
    think about it, all these zombie films ...they are based on the mans work...not original ideas, so yes, the man can afford to be pretentious and/or arrogant ...he's earned the right, what can you & all these other wannabe's claim???
    Have they brought anything new ?? NO, they've indulged themselves on predetermined ideas developed by another groundbreaking film maker some 40 years ago....
    Fanboys my ass..... grow up kid.
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....