*Roasting process completed!*

Stick a fork in Khardis, he's "done."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubaker View Post
    *Roasting process completed!*

Stick a fork in Khardis, he's "done."
    reported, bitch!

Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Coma posted :" The stupidest thing in Dawn o4 was the setup with lonely girl who wost her poor widdle parents. They telegraphed what was coming later in a lame set up for when she went to get the stupid dog because "its all she had left". I would've let her get ate up. Just for being a bone head. That was infuriatingly retarded. Yeah and the flying garage zombie ."
    Well , Coma we all come here not because we enjoy a particular film , but the spirit and audacity that GAR has provided for those that not just enjoy horror , but the "We're them , they're us." As for Max headrooms daughter , I think it was good to show that things get out of control and people do stupid things like have concern for a dog in the midst of psycho zombie hell .The zombie in the garage wasnt flying , he was grasping along a ceiling pipe , probably sprinkler system . I have a knack for accepting new things , an old saying " Without tradition , new things would die ."In this case we're talking about un-dead starving for warm flesh . Maybe you just dont like Zak Snyder . I watched it w/ the commentary and found some of his hollywood lingo irritatiing , like "He really sold that shot!"
    But if this (nomoreroominhell) really happened , I bet my bottom dollar you'd do something either to help someone that was freaked out , or you would let them get eatin' , remember if they get eaten , theres one more one thier side .

Coma :......" if your surprised at an artist being a humanist, you don't know too many." RIGHT ON ! - D

I FRIGGIN LOVE THIS SITE !
    Last edited by DVW5150; 14-Nov-2006 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    As for Max headrooms daughter...
    Funny you should say that DVW. When I went to see Dawn 04 at my local cinema and just as Ving blew the father away, some dude behind me stuttered "m-m-m-m-m-m-m-MAX!" Man, I nearly pissed myself.

Undisclosed
    I add my two cents:

Running Zombies. Beyond any resonable parameter. Don't let me even start on this, please.

Timeframe: one day (???) and the Zombies have already taken over the whole world. Beyond any reasonable parameter.

The characters (NOT technicians) are able to build an A-TEAM-styled truck, poorly conceived, far from DEAD RECKONING greatness. Beyond any reasonable parameter.

Dramatic, hypercinetic explosions and poorly directed action scenes far from LAND and its groove: totally out-of-context. Again, beyond any reasonable parameter.

Ending scene on the island beyond any reasonable parameter. CHEESE at its pinnacle.

Whole "atmosphere" stolen from a boring videogame ('Resident Trash') and that movie, '28 Days Later', fairly decent.

And I'm just beginning...
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alive Man View Post
    I add my two cents:

Running Zombies. Beyond any resonable parameter. Don't let me even start on this, please.

Timeframe: one day (???) and the Zombies have already taken over the whole world. Beyond any reasonable parameter.

The characters (NOT technicians) are able to build an A-TEAM-styled truck, poorly conceived, far from DEAD RECKONING greatness. Beyond any reasonable parameter.

Dramatic, hypercinetic explosions and poorly directed action scenes far from LAND and its groove: totally out-of-context. Again, beyond any reasonable parameter.

Ending scene on the island beyond any reasonable parameter. CHEESE at its pinnacle.

Whole "atmosphere" stolen from a boring videogame ('Resident Trash') and that movie, '28 Days Later', fairly decent.

And I'm just beginning...
    Dawn04 wasn't such a bad film IMHO, just it had some simple flaws that could so easily have been ironed out when scripting...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States

Mtv

Why is it people always lump in the Dawn 04 movie, or the upcoming Day remake, with the "MTV Generation"? Last time I checked, MTV went on the air in 1981 and that isn't too far removed from a 1978 horror movie. 3 years. The original Day came out after MTV was already on the air.

The programming on MTV may not be the same now (or circa 2004) as it was back in 1981, but how many networks have the same type of programming (or audience) right now that they did 25 years ago?

Facts are facts. The network was around during the same period of time that the original Dawn came out. It already had a few years on air when the original Day came out. So you could say the ORIGINAL movies were enjoyed by, or made for (in the case of Day), the "MTV Generation."
    Last edited by Brubaker; 15-Nov-2006 at 03:09 PM.

Undisclosed
    MTV debuted in 1981.

DAWN was released in 1978.

At that time, 3 years meant much more in terms of social change and pop-culture. Now, things are different, trends last for a whole decade (HIP-HOP or the current fascination for the boring serial killer movies) and I can't see why an MTV follower of the early '80ies should have been attracted by DAY OF THE DEAD, an "outside" movie by all means.
    Last edited by The Alive Man; 15-Nov-2006 at 03:06 PM.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

United States
    The "MTV Generation" is made up of people who were watching back in the 1980's or even the early 90's. I don't consider viewers of the network today to be part of the "MTV Generation", solely because most of them have no loyalty to the network and do not watch it all day, like people used to back in the 1980's. The fact they showed music videos all day back then helped.

I don't consider it a stretch that a 12-15 year old kid (or someone in any age group) who enjoyed Dawn in the theater back in 78' might have also been interested in MTV a few years later. Not everybody would have liked it but I'm sure some people tuned in.

Undisclosed
    ......So you could say the ORIGINAL movies were enjoyed by, or made for (in the case of Day), the "MTV Generation."
    Let me correct you Brubaker..we were known as the X generation ... or generation X ....

the MTV generation is based on the upcoming generation that relies exclusively on MTV for facts, fashion, film, trends etc etc ....

MTV was not as largely popular in 1985 as it is today, nor was it into film production it's only specialty show was Remote Control, with Kari Wurh..otherwise it was still in it's fledgeling stages in 1985....
    I Am a Gen Xer, my first year of high school was 1979-81 & I graduated in class of '84...
    My kids are Mtv generation....

ps.... Video Killed the Radio star- very first video ever played on MTv .....thought I'd throw that in....
    Last edited by DeadCentral; 16-Nov-2006 at 09:54 AM.
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCentral View Post
    Let me correct you Brubaker..we were known as the X generation ... or generation X ....

the MTV generation is based on the upcoming generation that relies exclusively on MTV for facts, fashion, film, trends etc etc ....

MTV was not as largely popular in 1985 as it is today, nor was it into film production it's only specialty show was Remote Control, with Kari Wurh..otherwise it was still in it's fledgeling stages in 1985....
    I Am a Gen Xer, my first year of high school was 1979-81 & I graduated in class of '84...
    My kids are Mtv generation....

ps.... Video Killed the Radio star- very first video ever played on MTv .....thought I'd throw that in....
    Are you sure? Generation X was a legitimate term used by publications, media and everybody else to coin a whole generation. I'll give you that. However, I never heard the widespread use of "MTV Generation", meaning I don't see it as an official tag for this generation. I see the term "Playstation Generation" and a bunch of other similar ones thrown around, but none of them appear to be a legitimate tag that a publication like Time Magazine would use (while the same magazine would make reference to "Generation X").

United States
    Are you sure? Generation X was a legitimate term used by publications, media and everybody else to coin a whole generation. I'll give you that. However, I never heard the widespread use of "MTV Generation", meaning I don't see it as an official tag for this generation. I see the term "Playstation Generation" and a bunch of other similar ones thrown around, but none of them appear to be a legitimate tag that a publication like Time Magazine would use (while the same magazine would make reference to "Generation X").
    I have NEVER heard anyone say "Golly, were part of Generation X". To me it's just a BS media construct. As far as MTV, Cable was extremely expensive and considered a total luxury. Most people didn't have MTV in the Mid 80s in my formative years. In think I knew 2 people. More like Atari generation. or the "Home taping is ruining the music industry" generation. or even "Crack generation".

Also MTV generation refers to the quick annoying edits that came to dominate MTV "style" indicating a ADD lack of attention span. . that didn't happen until the early 90s. 80s videos are laconic for the most part.
    Btw Generation was a book about "slackers". Thats where it came from. It was about us being apathtic.Which I'm not so they can eat me
    Last edited by coma; 16-Nov-2006 at 03:04 PM.

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    I have NEVER heard anyone say "Golly, were part of Generation X". To me it's just a BS media construct. As far as MTV, Cable was extremely expensive and considered a total luxury. Most people didn't have MTV in the Mid 80s in my formative years. In think I knew 2 people. More like Atari generation. or the "Home taping is ruining the music industry" generation. or even "Crack generation".

Also MTV generation refers to the quick annoying edits that came to dominate MTV "style" indicating a ADD lack of attention span. . that didn't happen until the early 90s. 80s videos are laconic for the most part.
    Btw Generation was a book about "slackers". Thats where it came from. It was about us being apathtic. Which I'm not so they can eat me
    Over the years, other networks have taken on that type of style. It used to be if you watched a movie on tv, they'd let the end credits run right until the end. Now stations will cut off right when the credits start or use a split screen to promote something else while it is running. Wouldn't want to let anyone know who starred in the movie.

Fox is a lot like MTV, especially if they are broadcasting a baseball game. Every 5 minutes they run crap at the bottom of the screen, promoting other (usually failing) shows on the network and this takes up valuable space on the screen and looks like crap. But hey, Fox doesn't care about 1000-1200 people who may be at home recording a World Series game for historical value.

United States
    Over the years, other networks have taken on that type of style. It used to be if you watched a movie on tv, they'd let the end credits run right until the end. Now stations will cut off right when the credits start or use a split screen to promote something else while it is running. Wouldn't want to let anyone know who starred in the movie.

Fox is a lot like MTV, especially if they are broadcasting a baseball game. Every 5 minutes they run crap at the bottom of the screen, promoting other (usually failing) shows on the network and this takes up valuable space on the screen and looks like crap. But hey, Fox doesn't care about 1000-1200 people who may be at home recording a World Series game for historical value.
    Because you need their"express written permission".
    I hate that 3/4 screen promos. And I also dislike the credit roll thing.
    and about Fox baseball, their commentators suck. I was watching a Mets game and the 3 jerkoffs talked about Red Wine for AN HOUR. I'm sorry but most ball fans Drink BEER! I likes me some wine sometimes, but what a bunch of pretentious blowhards. Fox was great when they started the Simpsoms but now everything they touch turns to Sh!t.

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Because you need their"express written permission".
    I hate that 3/4 screen promos. And I also dislike the credit roll thing.
    and about Fox baseball, their commentators suck. I was watching a Mets game and the 3 jerkoffs talked about Red Wine for AN HOUR. I'm sorry but most ball fans Drink BEER! I likes me some wine sometimes, but what a bunch of pretentious blowhards. Fox was great when they started the Simpsoms but now everything they touch turns to Sh!t.
    I'm sure they know some people tape the games, for whatever reason. They just don't want some knucklehead using it for anything.

Over the past couple of years, Fox has also gotten into the trend of planting "stars" from their programming into the crowd of sports games and pointing them out during innings, or even "interviewing" them. The sports reporters or broadcasters pretend they have no idea these stars from the network were there at the stadium and ask them who they want to win, even if they are already wearing a team jacket, just to provide an easy lead-in to shameless questions on their show(s). All to squeeze in a little promotion in case someone missed the commercials or promos at the bottom of the screen. I actually saw an article on the jerk from Fox that was behind these very "brainstorms" and read nauseating quotes from other execs saying that his ideas were genius and would become commonplace on sporting events.