Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question for Spaced fans....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm with you, MZ. It's not a favorite, but it's not that bad, either. The hot women don't hurt it very much.

I'm still waiting to see "Spaced"

Kazakhstan
    i've had to sit through many diplomatic viewings of friends due to girlfriend, and i'm also ashamed to admit it's alright, despite it's middle of the roadness and the fact that you would kill the smug git characters if you knew them(also, how the hell does that bunch of bums afford that HUGE manhattan apartment?!).

but then, dudes who were beaten and raped every day in japanese POW camps began to miss the beatings when they were released, so it's amazing what the body & brain can get used to...

frasier wins the 90s US sitcom war for me.

Have any of you guys seen "black books"? it's sort of a sister show to spaced with bill bailey, tamsin grieg and dylan moran. it's very good, has a lot of the same production team as spaced and was written by the dudes who did father ted (i think).
    Last edited by _liam_; 02-Nov-2006 at 03:55 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    frasier wins the 90s US sitcom war for me.

Married With Children

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Now I'll get cornholed for this probably, but I really like Friends. It's not clever and many of the jokes you can see from a mile off, but it's warm and fuzzy and non-offensive and not in the least bit challenging. It's like a cosy old blanket that makes you feel cheerier after a bad day.

Wow.. Just.... wow...

You dont follow Coronation Street do you?

Actually My nice warm blanet is pretty much any of the Michael Palin travelogues. I can pretty much watch them whenever, its like a bowl of chicken soup, or a super hot curry when you have a head cold.

Spaced is really quite good, the two (Simon and Nick) are just great together, they really are a good team. DANGER 50000 zombies! being one of the funnier things I have ever seen. The only comparable humor twosome in a britcom I can think of is Craig Charles and Chris Barrie.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Married With Children
    DITTO!

Kazakhstan
    hey don't diss the corrie, it's the most camp, lurid, OTT soap there is, i love it! (i'll get me cloak).

know what you mean about the frost/pegg combo, but i always liked rick mayall and ade edmondson from the young ones/bottom as well.

Super Moderator

UK
    My DVD shelves hold a wide variety of films. You can skip from Saw to Singin' in the Rain to Sin City to Silk Stockings . I have many tastes, dear chum.

lol ... guess what's literally just started - FRIENDS DOUBLE BILL ON E4!!! Nice, Monica and Chandler sneaking around behind Joey's back...

To whoever said about Palin (too lazy to backtrack through the posts, lol), I've got a similar thing - Long Way Round - I absolutely love it, got it on special edition 3 disc DVD as well. It's just so heart-warming and interesting and you learn quite a lot about other cultures. It's a great series, if anybody hasn't seen it - DAMNIT, GO WATCH IT!

Scotland
    Sorry MZ, you have went a couple notches down on my 'cool mofo' list for liking friends. "Oh my God!!!!" AAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! I could admit I have genital herpes and still come off better than you right now.

Anyway, came here because I'm watching Spaced, thanks to Andreno for bringing it up and making me d/l it.

I remember it when it was first shown on tv, but I only caught a few episodes and was too busy getting wasted or something to bother with it.

I was going to post when I watched both series. but I have to post now as I'm half way through series 2 episode 6 Dissolution. I think I collapsed a lung when the Prisoner cell block H theme tune came on.

Right, thats out the way, back to wtching Spaced.

P.S: MZ, Ghey!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY View Post
    Sorry MZ, you have went a couple notches down on my 'cool mofo' list for liking friends. "Oh my God!!!!" AAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! I could admit I have genital herpes and still come off better than you right now.

Anyway, came here because I'm watching Spaced, thanks to Andreno for bringing it up and making me d/l it.

I remember it when it was first shown on tv, but I only caught a few episodes and was too busy getting wasted or something to bother with it.

I was going to post when I watched both series. but I have to post now as I'm half way through series 2 episode 6 Dissolution. I think I collapsed a lung when the Prisoner cell block H theme tune came on.

Right, thats out the way, back to wtching Spaced.

P.S: MZ, Ghey!
    one of my favorite lines in the entire series is: "You've got paint on you."
    I swear to you.... I have never laughed so hard while watching a TV series (Trailer Park Boys not included - Barfed a lung over those freaks!)....Spaced, tho.....Pure Comedic Genius!!!!
    If American comedy hit the head like that,..........

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah if spaced s the best comedy of the last few years trailer park boys runs a close second

Super Moderator

UK
    pfft, like I care.

Like I said, I'm a guy of many tastes and opinions, besides, everytime I watch Friends and Jennifer Aniston is on screen I'm more than distracted from the show over all.

Everybody's got a guilty pleasure, what's yours?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Everybody's got a guilty pleasure, what's yours?
    Auntie Mame (1958) - starring Rosalind Russell

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    mines orange lucozade, i ****ing love the stuff

Super Moderator

UK
    Lucozade isn't a guilty pleasure, ya nuttah!

Your real guilty pleasure must be good if you say your "public" G.P. is Lucozade, hahaha!

Kazakhstan
    probably old doctor who dvds and cigarettes.

oh and coronation street!