Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 scariest games ever

Kazakhstan
    i think the first silent hill (US version) was the only truly frightening game i ever played.

although i did cack myself a few times playing doom when it first came out, when lights go out & stuff appears out of nowhere.

only scary thing about house of the dead 2 was that voice acting - the woman who shouts "don't come! don't come!" lol.

Undisclosed
    The Thing....

Was probally the coolest game I have played in a long time....it was just so intense....

That one part of the game when you are attacked by that surge of Thing and your all like running around frantically trying to lock all the doors and close all the window flaps all the while Things are breaking through windows jumping at you from openings in the windows and running through open doors...Running out of shotgun shells.....Only then to have to deal with three larger Things and barely having enough fuel to burn them throroughly....
    That part of the game really worked up a sweat and the adreneline was surging so much I felt like all pumped up had to take a break before I played more....

Damn that game was awsome....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United Kingdom
    has anyone played MANHUNT that game the first time round made a scared but the second time on hardcore more with no map made me really cack myself and really think about what i was doing
    In the End Its All Just A Gag - Charlie Chaplin

United States

I have to get more horror games ...

I rented "The Thing" ( J. Carpenters film is in my top for best horror films of all time ) a year or so ago . I dont wanna seem like I am cowardly , after all its just a game ; I couldnt get past the first segment , when you are starting the trust with your fellow ops . .. After Ravenholm (HL2) tho , Ive gotten some guts together for more-better gaming horror . I have come across some titles here that I had forgot to seek . FEAR latest for the pc is quite the nerve ender . I'll throw in Doom 3 , & res. of Evil for the heck of it . I will be aquiring some that have been mentioned , TY . Of course Resident Evil :2 & 4 are unnerving ...
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

capncnut
    When I initially started The Thing, I couldn't do jack s**t with it. It was only when I saw the movie again I decided to give the game another chance. I'm glad I did. Not only was I able to complete it rather quickly, I now rate it my top ten survival horror games of all time. If you want more scares, I wholeheartedly reccomend The Suffering or Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy in the US) as both games are awesome.

As for another Half Life-esque experience, you can't go wrong with Deus Ex or Deus Ex:Invisible War. The graphics may not be up to the same standard as HL2 but the film-like quality will keep you hooked for weeks!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    speaking of farenheit, it was meant to have all these mutliple storys and endings but did anyone else get a story about a wierd aztec priest and the old woman was an energy thingy and it ended with the world safe and he had married the cop or something.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    speaking of farenheit, it was meant to have all these mutliple storys and endings but did anyone else get a story about a wierd aztec priest and the old woman was an energy thingy and it ended with the world safe and he had married the cop or something.
    Played the game, studied it. The multiple stories you talk of are only in the dialogue and the game pretty much follows the same route every time you play it. The scene you describe could be one of two possible endings (three in all). If the last cutscene was set in a garish park with Lucas, Carla and Jade then you got the good ending. If the scene played out with Lucas and Carla in an apartment block then you got the not so good ending. Funny thing is, the bad ending (Lucas, Carla and Bogart trapped underground with the world frozen over) is the best and most plausible of the three.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    then i got the good one.

United Kingdom
    i loved this games, but did anyone see the 'slight' resemblance to a small film a little while ago called (ow whats that 'let me think) .........The Matrix

(ow the sarcasm)
    In the End Its All Just A Gag - Charlie Chaplin

capncnut
    Then again, doesn't every game copy The Matrix? Bullet-time and such are used so commonly now.

Kazakhstan
    the matrix is the new star wars, it was so cool that everyone is doomed to pilfer from it forevermore.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yep, that and japanese horror films, though thats mostly for spoofing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    They Hunger for Half-Life was probably the only game that REALLY scared me.

None of the games on that list were particulary scary to me.

Undisclosed
    Most people that had resident evil were afraid of the zombie in the beginning when he turns around. id say that was the first time i have ever been scared in a game lol.

The most scaryest game so far is half life 2 in ravenholm.
    Just play the game and experience it your self.
    The level is very jumpy.

X-box live GT: Fallenunder

My myspace is www.myspace.com/epri

http://www.thelivingdead.informe.com/
    We're dead, We're all messed up...

United States
    After reading your posts regarding "The Thing" I think I'm going to pick it up again since it is backwards compatable on the 360 . I played the game when it was first available & remember I was kinda creeped out by it. Gonna pick it up used & give it another go .