Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 a good year for Zombies

England

2007 a good year for Zombies

First of all hello to everyone. Its good to find somewhere i can talk about "the living dead" with people who wont tell me to shut up constantly.

Also i appologise if a thread similar to this has been posted elsewhere.

Who else is looking forward to next year?? purly because of the realeas of the following films

Diary Of The Dead
    Day Of The Dead
    28 Weeks Later

and not to mention
    Night of the living dead 07 and I am a Zombie man 2, and of corse any of the other films members decide to make

Also as a general fan of GAR im looking forward to Camerons - The Screening!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Shut up....

only joking! I, too, am excited about day' and 28 weeks later, although you might find others round here a little less enthusiastic....

I have to admit, out of the 3, I am most nervous about Diary' being crap. I honestly hope it's not but I have this bad feeling....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think Day of the Dead will be more of an actionfilm than a true zombiefilm. Which is why I'm looking forward to it the least. But Diary and 28 Weeks Later can go either way, and I'm sure that they'll at least provide me with some amusement.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    I'm excited about all of them (although I'm sure DOTD07 will leave me saying, "awwww, man"). I'm also ready for Grind House, which I think is set for an April release.

...I'll definitely be placing an order for Deadlands: The Rising when distribution gets going.

I still haven't had a chance to watch "I am Zombie Man" because of my slow dial-up and vast amount of homework.
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

United States
    28 weeks is going to rock. Day is going ot suck. Diary has a 50/50. welcome to the forum!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty Boy View Post
    Who else is looking forward to next year?? purly because of the realeas of the following films

Diary Of The Dead
    Day Of The Dead
    28 Weeks Later

and not to mention
    Night of the living dead 07 and I am a Zombie man 2, and of corse any of the other films members decide to make
    I am looking forward to all of the above except Day. Oh by the way, you forgot Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez's 'Grindhouse'. Thats probably gonna be the best one of all!

Undisclosed
    Dont forget Resident evil Extinction

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    I usually look forward to Thanksgiving, impatiently awaiting the oppurtunity to gorge myself on fried turkey, roast, ham, and any other delicious meats I can get my hands. However, I usually end up suffering trying to eat all eyes tell me I desire. Does anyone think spring of '07 will have a similar effect on zombie fans?
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill View Post
    I usually look forward to Thanksgiving, impatiently awaiting the oppurtunity to gorge myself on fried turkey, roast, ham, and any other delicious meats I can get my hands. However, I usually end up suffering trying to eat all eyes tell me I desire. Does anyone think spring of '07 will have a similar effect on zombie fans?
    Put down the fork! Just joshing.

That is a great analogy, though. I think as long as "the meats" are taken in moderation, we can make it through. Besides....I don't intend on seeing some of these in theater. Now we have dvd releases about 3 months after theatrical.....so it makes it easier to let the ham settle before you move on to the turkey.

Does that make any sense, at all?

Undisclosed

Good year...

Am looking forward to Grind House - what i have seen so far looks pretty insane. Also looking forward to Dairy Of The Dead and to a lesser extent 28 Weeks Later and Resident Evil Extinction and by a much lesser extent Day Of Tha Dead. For anyone that's interested IDW comics are publishing a one-shot graphic novel written by Steve Niles that will bridge the gap between 28 Days and 28 Weeks.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MontagMOI View Post
    Am looking forward to Grind House - what i have seen so far looks pretty insane. Also looking forward to Dairy Of The Dead and to a lesser extent 28 Weeks Later and Resident Evil Extinction and by a much lesser extent Day Of Tha Dead. For anyone that's interested IDW comics are publishing a one-shot graphic novel written by Steve Niles that will bridge the gap between 28 Days and 28 Weeks.

Speaking of IDW. I think they're the company that made that comic adaptation of the original Dawn. You know....there was a little one that came with the Ultimate Edition DVD. Anyone know where all of those can be obtained?

It may have not been IDW(that name just sounded familiar), but either way....know where I can get them?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Does that make any sense, at all?

yeah, hopefully I'll be able to exercise good judgement in moderation

Undisclosed
    I'm looking forward to 28 Weeks Later, Diary Of The Dead, Grindhouse, and Passion of the Christ 2. Day Of The Dead and Resident Evil...No...

United States
    passion of the christ 2??????

Undisclosed
    How the hell do you make a Passion of the Christ 2?!!?!!?!?