Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alan Wake

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    pfft, you're kiddin' me, with Alan Wake coming you have to choose? ALAN WAKE damnit! It's the only choice, or I'll set a rabid badger on you.
    I don't know about that MZ, maybe you need to see the trailer again. Bioshock a very tasty looking game indeed.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    damn man, wake looks awesomebut dont knock bioshock, the whole idea of a undersea 50's civilisation thats gone horribly wrong sounds like a kickass fps horror, plus its sorta a sequel to system shock 2, what more do you want?

Super Moderator

UK
    What more do I want?

I WANT ALAN WAKE TO SHINE HIS GLORIOUS TORCH IN MY EYES FROM THE DARKNESS ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN VISTA!!!

Damn, will have to get my laptop down to check out them thar vids, this computer hates youtube...

Capn - yeah the video looks rockin' for Bioshock, but it looks more like pre-rendered than in-game, which seems to be more and more and more the case with game trailers these days.

Bioshock looks rather spiffing ... but I'd still prefer the shiny lighted magnificence of Alan Wake's throbbing torch ... err!! ... no throbbing, just torch!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Dec-2006 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

capncnut
    Just found a high quality version of the Alan Wake trailer.

Here's something else you've probably already seen.

Last edited by capncnut; 08-Jan-2007 at 06:39 AM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've never seen that second video, Capn. Those graphics and physics are completely mind-blowing. I don't care how long they delay this game because I know that whenever it comes out it'll have been well worth the wait for them to make it better.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Jebush! That's crazy. I would definitely get it.....

capncnut
    The thing that really impresses with Alan Wake is the driving. You try speeding through a ghost town at night with only one headlight working.

Yeah, this game is f**king BOUGHT!

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed

Alan Wake looks awesome!

I can't wait for this one!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I can't wait for this one!
    *ahem* It's 360 exclusive.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    *ahem* It's 360 exclusive.
    Hes said several times he owns all three systems I think

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    woah, i know graphics dont make the game but this even puts half life 2 to shame, definetly a candidate for 2007game of the year.

capncnut
    Yeah I know Hellz, it's proper ridiculous. If this handles as good as it looks, we could have a 10/10 360 classic on our hands. It's hard to imagine survival horror being any better than Silent Hill 2 but even the most diehard of SH fanboys cannot deny this piece of eye candy. I predict massive queues at midnight on release.
    Last edited by capncnut; 11-Jan-2007 at 06:28 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    When is the game finally released?

I'm gonna have to step up my 360 fund efforts this year methinks! I simply cannot allow my life to go by without Alan Wake in my hands ... err ... that wasn't supposed to sound that gay.

capncnut
    Technically we should be playing Alan Wake NOW but methinks this will be a Summer 07 release. Unfortunately the developers are keeping ultra-schtum on this one so details will always be sketchy and spoken from tight lips (ooh er, missus ).

On the plus side, you got plenty o' time to get that 360 fundraiser going!

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah well that's good, for me anyway, for you lot with 360s and waiting for it, it sucks, but for me it's okay.

Speaking of keeping schtum, don't you just hate that sh*t? It's like with GTA4, it's coming out in 10 months and we know absolutely nothing about it. Is GTA4 even the title, is it just a working title, what's the game even about, what does it look like?! We know nothing!

Grrrrr...damn people for keeping their lips tight!