Thread: Subscribed Thread Emails on 11/3

United States

Subscribed Thread Emails on 11/3

Andy/Neil...

Just to make you guys aware, on 11/3 I was not recieving emails from any of the threads I was subscribed to. Now, today, on 11/5 I recieved ALL of them.

I'm not sure which end the problem is on, but I've never had problems recieving email from the site before and I did get other email that day...

Administrator

England
    its problems with the server, we've had it before.

i'll let neil know your having problems and he should be able to take it up with the host and get it sorted for you

United States
    Thanks

No hurry or worry, though. Seems like I'm on here so damn much lately, that the emails are almost an afterthought anyway

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    Thanks

No hurry or worry, though. Seems like I'm on here so damn much lately, that the emails are almost an afterthought anyway
    Anyone else having problems?

Don't forget the email problem could be your problem (deadpunk?) possibly?

If it were the server it would affect everyone...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    I have had no problems whatsoever with the e-mails or messaging on HPotD. Seems pretty rapid to me.

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, it's been fine and dandy for me, but in the past I had problems. At the beginning of HPOTD VBB it was somewhat hit and miss, now it seems to be 99% hit. The only time recently was when the server or whatever wasn't allowing many emails a month.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Anyone else having problems?

Don't forget the email problem could be your problem (deadpunk?) possibly?

If it were the server it would affect everyone...
    Like I said, I'm not sure which end the problem is on. But, I'm recieving emails now, so either way, it's a moot point. It was just that one day, however was getting other emails that day. So, unless my service was just Anti-HPOTD that day...

Anyway, problem is gone. Thanks for your attention, Neil and Andy.