Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NOTLD3D in theaters

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah i seeit. Let's see if the date gets pushed back or not as has been known to happen. I don't expect it to be very good but damn them all to hell, i have to buy it !!
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    It will probably be in the bargain bin at Wal-mart.
    Sorry but it just sounds so lame,
    I want something I can sink my teeth in, not a remake
    of a remake of a....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Careful about that bargain bin thing. I saw land in one not too long ago for $6.99.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I even have seen Shaun of the Dead in a bargain bin, and I thought that was sad. Land belongs in one, but Shaun? NFW!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, it could also be that they're trying to get rid of a surplus of the film that they might have and not nescesarily because it's a bad movie.

capncnut
    What I don't understand is that people bitch about DVD prices being too high and then complain when top titles hit the bargain bin. Makes no sense to me.

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, I know, all DVDs come down in price eventually and you can find brilliant films really cheap, so it's all bonus if you never got around to seeing some flick, you can buy the DVD for half the price it would have been to see it in the cinema (sometimes), or the same price...I've bought a few flicks that way recently, didn't get around to them earlier, so got to them later, picked them all up for like a fiver each.

capncnut
    I do that regularly, if it's a movie that I wanna see (but don't mind holding out for) then I'll pick it up a year later in the bargain bin. No skin off my nose.

And Shaun has been on DVD now for over two years already!

Canada
    It is true.
    Last summer at Wal-Mart in the
    Bargain bin I saw a copy of
    Dawn of the dead ultimate edition
    for 19.95
    My wife bought it for herself,
    so now we have two sets lol
    I usually wait until the price goes
    down, unless it's something I can't
    wait for. Like when the DOTD ultimate
    edition first came out

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    What I don't understand is that people bitch about DVD prices being too high and then complain when top titles hit the bargain bin. Makes no sense to me.
    me either. The Bargain Bin is my friend.
    Cost has no relationship to quality. I got NOTLD for a 99 cents.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Exactly, there's just some DVDs you simply have to have straight away (as long as it isn't the case of vanilla sh*t release followed 6 to 9 months later by the bonza edition - think Sin City).

I've bought many DVDs straight away, had them on pre-order for months and so forth, but there's plenty I forget about - there's just too many movies, not enough time.

For instance, recently I got "Right At Your Door" and "Brick", both utterly brilliant films (kinda wish I'd gone for the more costly 2-disc of Brick now, but no skin off my nose really). "Human Traffic" I got for £3.99 a few weeks back, that film is several years old now and I've only just got around to checking it out, or Pirates of the Carribean 2, got the 2-disc for about £8 as Pirates 3 had come out...

One DVD I've had pre-ordered for a while because I simply must have it is - The Zombie Diaries. Comes out in August I think, bring that sh*t on, son!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    One DVD I've had pre-ordered for a while because I simply must have it is - The Zombie Diaries. Comes out in August I think, bring that sh*t on, son!
    You knows it, treacle. TZD looks s**t hot and have you seen the reviews? Yeah, that's an "off the bat" buy.

Super Moderator

UK
    I see the spirit of Mike Reed has left his body and entered yours, treacle.

Aye I gave the review a quick scan, didn't wanna read too much as I didn't wanna know too much about the film, I wanna watch it first time knowing as little about it as possible, it's rare to be able to manage that when a new flick comes out...so I know the basics from posts here and the review I quickly looked at, I know it scored well and that's all I wanna know thus far. I really look forward to checking it out and coming into it really fresh with no expectations or anything.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    I saw NOTLD 3D on my digital cable service. It was SO bad that I didn't even finish it. Do NOT waste your time or money. It makes Land of the Dead look like The Godfather. Its too pathetic to even put into words.

United States
    yeah, that movie sucks major donkey-di(k.

can't even single out the worst part, as there are an endless list of them.