Thread: Need help with old cannibal/zombie movie...

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Need help with old cannibal/zombie movie...

I do. While watching the tube I saw a commercial for SciFi airing the Dawn of the Dead remake and the running zombies reminded me of a movie I watched when I was 8 or 9 on Cinemax. I think it was one of those 70s Italian horror flicks but I can't remember the name.

So, if you can help I'd appreciate it.

Basically the parts of the movie I remember is one of the first scenes was this guy waking up from a nightmare in bed with his wife then his phone rings. Another scene I remember is the cannibals (I think they were cannibals not the undead) raid a TV studio and munch down on some chicks doing an exercise show and one is chewing on a severed boob.

The last scene I remember is the guy who had the nightmare in a theme park running from the cannibals. He gets up onto a white rollercoaster trying to reach a helicopter hovering nearby. I don't know if that's at the end of the movie or not but the actual end is where the guy wakes up back in bed just like the first scene and it turned out to be a nightmare but it then the phone rings again.

Anyway one of the candidates I got for this movie is Cannibal Apocalypse. The beginning is the same and the movie takes place in the city but I don't know the full story of the movie to know if it's the right one or not. Has anyone seen it and know if the scenes I described are in there?

if you don't know what movie it is then thanks anyway.

I know the cannibals had messed up faces but I don't know if they were zombies or not. They were runners so I'm guess infected people or something living.

Haiti
    Don't know what it is but it sounds entertaining .
    The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.
    Marquis De Sade.

Banned User

Aaland

I saw it too, but...

canot remember the name, a real low budget one. it something my picked out in the video store. i remember a scene where one of the dead or undead is slicing off a womans nipple with a knife. after the zombie carnage the movie really went wacky sci-fi, and if i remember correctly the hero of the film was an ex-cop alcoholic.

United States
    nightmare city AKA city of the walking dead

it has the oatmeal-faced zombies. i say oatmeal-faced cause it looks like they dipped their face in oatmeal. they can run, use weapons, all that stuff

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080931/

it wasn't bad, or at least, not as cheesy as some zombies movies

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    awesome thanks creepntom I appreciate it.

United States
    no problemo

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by zombievsshark View Post
    Anyway one of the candidates I got for this movie is Cannibal Apocalypse. The beginning is the same and the movie takes place in the city but I don't know the full story of the movie to know if it's the right one or not. Has anyone seen it and know if the scenes I described are in there?
    It is definitely not Cannibal Apocalypse. That one starts in Vietnam and has no severed boobs in it whatsover. You should still get it though.

Undisclosed
    One of the titles the movie goes by is "Nightmare City". They're not technically zombies (they're still alive, driven mad by some kind of radiation disease, and can be killed in conventional ways). I first saw it in the early 80's and thought it was pretty cool. When watching it recently, I realized that I used to be impressed with less. Anyhoo, Anchor Bay released it on dvd a couple of years ago, it shouldn't be hard to find.
    "Move over, boys. I'm one of the gang now." - Mantan Moreland