Thread: Hello fellow DEAD fans!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Hello fellow DEAD fans!

My name is Thomas Brown. I'm 51 and have been a major George A. Romero fan since first seeing "Night of the Living Dead" in 1970 at a drive-in. In 1984 I appeared as the chef zombie in "Day of the Dead" and then in 1993, I along with producer-director J.R. Bookwalter, created the authorized 25th anniversary documentary commemorating the 25th anniversary of "Night of the Living Dead." That documentary has gone through three major changes; first as an uncut 83 minute version for Tempe Video, and then a shorter version which was used for the Simitar home video release. It is now known as "Reflections of the Living Dead."

The 83 minute version is very hard to find on DVD; appearing only as a bonus segment on import editions of the "Trilogy of the Dead" box set, put out by Anchor Bay and Umbrella Entertainment. J.R. did a wonderful re-edit on the documentary a couple of years ago. Now it is known as "Reflections of the Living Dead" and has shown up in the U.K. , Germany and Australia in special 2 and 3 disc editions of "Night of the Living Dead" as well as another "Trilogy of the Dead" boxset. There is a possibility that the documentary will show up here in the U.S. but nothing definite yet.

I have a lot of cool Romero collectables on VHS, DVD, CD, print and other stuff as well. If there's anything you are looking for, especially if it relates to the 25th anniversary celebration, please e-mail me.

I did see the trailer for "Day of the Dead," and I breathed a huge sigh of relief. It doesn't look anything like the original film. Why is it even called "Day of the Dead" in the first place? Take care all...and stay scared!

TB

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Hell O Thomas

Velcome to ze forums yah?

001. Do not take ANYTHING i say in the literal sense ... ever!

002. A sense of humour will be essential to your survival here, develop one now or suffer later.

003. Please be aware that 77.4% of the people you will bump heads with on these forums are ONLY here inbetween eating cereal from their own shoes and smearing their own excrement all over their apartment walls.

004. The remaining 82.6% of people here are stark raving mad as a truck bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiethomas View Post
    I did see the trailer for "Day of the Dead," ... It doesn't look anything like the original film. Why is it even called "Day of the Dead" in the first place?
    Most of us purist's said pretty much the same for Dawn of the Dead
    Last edited by Deadman_Deluxe; 11-Nov-2006 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

capncnut
    Nice to meet you TB. I have seen the 25th Anniversary documentary many times and loved it.

99.9% of the members here will totally agree with you when it comes to the Day remake. Not looking forward to it at all.

Banned User

United States
    Welcome! My name is Heidi. I am from Monroeville/Murrysville PA origionally and Day of the Dead was my faoriate of the movies. Welcome to the group!

Deadman_Deluxe hit it on the nail pretty much! We are all stock raving mad. LOL

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yo man welcome, i got a copy of that documentary, it was one of the better things in that box set since it didnt include night, but the "30th anniversary edition "

anyhoo welcome

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    99.9% of the members here will totally agree with you when it comes to the Day remake. Not looking forward to it at all.
    We all say that, but there's almost a 100% guarentee we'll be sitting in the theatre opening night.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Super Moderator

UK
    Welcome to the boards man, put your feet up and make yourself at home.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Maitreya View Post
    We all say that, but there's almost a 100% guarentee we'll be sitting in the theatre opening night.

Thats all true. i see almost all horror and zombie movies that come out regardless on how lame they seem

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Maitreya View Post
    Not this one. I think i will sit this one out and rent it from a store when it is available.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Hi,

This is a really cool forum. I look forward to getting on here from time to time. I showed "Knightriders" to my little brother (he's 12) last night. It was the first time I had seen it in many years. I had forgotten just how many actors from "Dawn, "Creepshow" and "Day" were in that film. He liked the film overall, but thought it was too long. Considering that it is almost 2 1/2 hours, I thought it moved very fast. Thanks for the nice compliments about my documentary. I hope it does get a U.S. release very soon. I was kinda pissed that it was not included on various special edition DVD's of the film, but I think that was a marketing move and not a deliberate snub. I am thinking about releasing the entire roundtable discussion between George, John, Russ and Karl. About 1/4 of it was actually used for the documentary.

A little background: After being asked by J.R. and John to direct this thing, I immediately thought of the roundtable idea, pipe-dreaming about getting all four of them together on one stage. Other than George, I thought it would be easy to get them there. I did not know that they had NEVER een together doing one interview since the release of the original film in 1968! We shot it on a overcast and cold November day at the Hardman-Eastman studio. It was not sure if George would show up, but being the great guy that he is, he arrived just a few minutes before we had planned to start shooting.

You have to understand that George is not a big fan of interviews, and he gets tired of all the interviews associated with "Night," because that film has a lot of bad memories as well as good ones. The copyright issue is still a very sore spot with all of them, so I didn't get into that with them. All I asked them to do was comment on various aspects of the making of the film.

It was amazing to see what happened next. They just sat back, relaxed and told the story, together for the first time in 25 years. I honestly think that they had a ball and I contend that this roundtable was better than any of the audio commentaries on the laserdisc and DVD releases. simply because it was very much from the heart. They left the studio better friends, and at one point George asked them if they wanted to make another film together! His exact words were "Do you guys need some bread to do that?" (This is the first time I've ever told anyone about that)

Of course, for one reason or another, they didn't. I think it's very unlikely that they ever will work together again. John's "30th Anniversary" film (with the new footage blended in with an edited "Night") and the fact that George produced "Land of the Dead" in Canada sort of put the nail in the coffin.

By the way I really appreciate the nice e-mails and support, especially about being the chef in "Day of the Dead" There is a wonderful website about "Day" that published my in-depth essay about the experience of being a zombie in that film. I think the website is down though. If I can find the file I'll post it. Stay safe all!

TB

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiethomas View Post
    I am thinking about releasing the entire roundtable discussion between George, John, Russ and Karl. About 1/4 of it was actually used for the documentary.
    Ah, you gotta do it man. I'd buy that dvd in a flash!

Super Moderator

UK
    Like the Capn says, that'd be pretty damn sweet if that was do-able. I know I'd buy it.