Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A sad report from IMDB

England
    I personally find IMDB very helpful. It lists almost every film made to date, cast and information. It has quotes and trivia it even has a page of mistakes which i find humerous.

the only think i dont pay attention too are the reviews by people posted on there. there normal people who have reviewed the film. There not official.

they give good stats too.

Undisclosed
    I can't still believe how much the make-up work for 'The Zombie Diaries' is bad (judging from the few movie stills they provided on the official site): Let's hope ROMERO will not follow that same path.

Anyway, I admire the bald attempt to shoot a 'zombie movie', indipendently from the production values involved in the project.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alive Man View Post
    Anyway, I admire the bald attempt to shoot a 'zombie movie'...
    Who's that then? Vin Diesel? Kurt Angle? Sorry bro, I couldn't resist!

Undisclosed
    OOOOOoooooooooooh God. Bold.

Sorry, language barrier sometimes shows up!
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Kazakhstan
    actually, even though i stood up for the IMDB a minute ago, i have to say i HATE the message boards - they are bad for my health! you can't say anything without it descending into and all out flame war!
    example, i was on a board about an old video nasty called "men behind the sun". in this movie there is a scene where a cat is thrown into a room full of starving rats and eaten alive. some people say it's real, some don't, i chipped in with this;

by necroticfuzzfunk (_liam_) (Tue Oct 31 2006 19:04:37 )
    Edit Reply

tell you what, i know a vet, i'll get him in and see what he thinks (although he might not talk to me again after finding i have this kind of movie!), and the second he gives me his verdict i'll post it, verbatim in quotation marks, and maybe we'll be a step closer to concluding this...

Re: i dont hink the cat died after all!!MUST READ!!!!
    by bcibiblack 5 days ago (Fri Nov 10 2006 20:42:00 )
    Ignore this User | Report Abuse Reply
    You "know a vet" do you, necrotic? Your own personal physician, is he? Jesus, there are some rednecks on these forums...

....er...i mean what the hell?! how does using the abbreviation "vet" make me a redneck? see what i mean?...blood pressure...*rises*...

if anyone can explain why that guy called me a redneck, i'll sleep easier...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    ....er...i mean what the hell?! how does using the abbreviation "vet" make me a redneck? see what i mean?...blood pressure...*rises*...

Because most of the people using the IMDB message boards are douche bags that think they are never wrong. Don't let them get to you.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    The DOTD makeup was definately NOT corny in 1978 or the years following.

You cant trust IMDB. According to my page I was in a really sh!tty Mario Van Peeples movie.

I'm not saying it was corney, I loved the way everything was.

im just saying that casual veiwers think it may be corney or people that dont like old movies.

were romero fans we dont think the graphics were corney.. some people do i am saying.

X-box live GT: Fallenunder

My myspace is www.myspace.com/epri

http://www.thelivingdead.informe.com/
    We're dead, We're all messed up...

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    that imdb guy's just retarded.....being a redneck (to some extent), I'd like to add that he needs the sh*t kocked outta him.
    Last edited by radiokill; 16-Nov-2006 at 01:57 PM. Reason: some posts made it in before mine
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubdotd View Post
    I'm not saying it was corney, I loved the way everything was.

im just saying that casual veiwers think it may be corney or people that dont like old movies.

were romero fans we dont think the graphics were corney.. some people do i am saying.
    Understood!
    I don't even think of it as old, so maybe I am living in La La land

Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    actually, even though i stood up for the IMDB a minute ago, i have to say i HATE the message boards - they are bad for my health! you can't say anything without it descending into and all out flame war!
    example, i was on a board about an old video nasty called "men behind the sun". in this movie there is a scene where a cat is thrown into a room full of starving rats and eaten alive. some people say it's real, some don't, i chipped in with this;

by necroticfuzzfunk (_liam_) (Tue Oct 31 2006 19:04:37 )
    Edit Reply

tell you what, i know a vet, i'll get him in and see what he thinks (although he might not talk to me again after finding i have this kind of movie!), and the second he gives me his verdict i'll post it, verbatim in quotation marks, and maybe we'll be a step closer to concluding this...

Re: i dont hink the cat died after all!!MUST READ!!!!
    by bcibiblack 5 days ago (Fri Nov 10 2006 20:42:00 )
    Ignore this User | Report Abuse Reply
    You "know a vet" do you, necrotic? Your own personal physician, is he? Jesus, there are some rednecks on these forums...

That doesn't even make any sence.
    A couple years ago on an Audio forum I dasagreed with this guy in the most tactly mild way possible.
    I get this email from him to the effect of "How dare you disrespect me. You don't know my power. If you don't watch your step Im going to hurt you bad"
    Pissed me off but mostly it just seemed creepy and totally loony.
    Last edited by coma; 16-Nov-2006 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill View Post
    that imdb guy's just retarded.....being a redneck (to some extent), I'd like to add that he needs the sh*t kocked outta him.

IMDB people is retarded for definition. They love to bash every movie which doesn't make their personal "favourite ones" list ... there's no hint of genuine cinematic love in that site. Sick people, pathetic.

Angola
    As long as you ignore the message boards, IMDB is a fine website. One I visit ever day.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yashka View Post
    As long as you ignore the message boards, IMDB is a fine website. One I visit ever day.
    True.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Bad make-up or bad make-up effects? Because the zombies in this film aren't supposed to have alot of make-up seeing as they have to seem pretty humanlike. Some pale would probably do it.

And make-up effects are partially made in the editing room. So there's noway the guy can estimate from seeing the stuff from a balcony (or whatever) how it will look like on film.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Bad make-up or bad make-up effects? Because the zombies in this film aren't supposed to have alot of make-up seeing as they have to seem pretty humanlike. Some pale would probably do it.

And make-up effects are partially made in the editing room. So there's noway the guy can estimate from seeing the stuff from a balcony (or whatever) how it will look like on film.

Yeah, but the make-up has to look realistic, not prosthetical... there's a very fine line between good and bad make-up.

Undisclosed
    It sounds like this guy saw the make-up while wathcing them film, from a distance.

One think I will say is that I think that make up looks a lot better on film than it does in person.