Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A sad report from IMDB

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alive Man View Post
    Yeah, but the make-up has to look realistic, not prosthetical... there's a very fine line between good and bad make-up.
    When not on film, most makeup looks prosthetic, or at least fake. Then, you can twist and turn it in your own mind and have a greater chance of studying it than you have if it's cleverly edited on a film.

United States

Wtf ?

Give the movie a chance to be made and released . Fer christ-sakes , its George Romero ! Lets just wait till the movie can be seen before we decide what its' effect is ... sheesh .
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    When not on film, most makeup looks prosthetic, or at least fake. Then, you can twist and turn it in your own mind and have a greater chance of studying it than you have if it's cleverly edited on a film.
    It has a lot to do with angles and lighting too.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    It has a lot to do with angles and lighting too.
    Yes, exactly.

In the case of Dawn's zombiemakeup, I've seen films from that same period and earlier that had better. In Dawn you can more often than not see that only the faces of the zombies are colored blue, and their necks are fairly bleak or tan.

Zombie Flesh Eaters came the next year with a much smaller budget, and it had much better zombie make-up.

United States
    Zombie Flesh Eaters came the next year with a much smaller budget, and it had much better zombie make-up.
    And far worse acting, ingenuity and a script that is in large part...Boring.
    I saw it when it came out (Zombie), cause I was starving for zombies, and was reallly dissapointed. he beginning is cool and the last quarter. The rest is pure crapola. The zombiie from the poster is one of the best in any movie.
    Tom savini has done some cool stuff (like day) but is pretty overrated to me.

Saw Gates of Hell a couple months later and thought that was a watse of $$ too.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    At the release of DAWN, the zombie make-up was pretty innovative and "fresh" (no pun intended). Surely as hell, it set the standards to measure with. I don't doubt that many movies that came out after DAWN were far superior ONLY in terms of zombie make-up... but the DAWN zombie make-up was much more realistic to me. Remember, they're us...
    They should resemble Living Dead, not overblown monsters.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Australia
    It also had far less zombies.

But still, I don't understand why the make up in ZOMBIE (FLESH EATERS) gets so much praise when the majority of the zombies look like they've got dry pale mud smeared all over their faces.

They look cool but its not exactly high tech and not particularly realistic.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

Undisclosed
    i liked the way they looked in zombie :3 the "mud" or w/e made them look rotting

Undisclosed
    I like the whole mud zombie look.

Kinda weird.

~The Zombie Hunter's Bible~

"Don't go to the Mall without it!"
    -Tom Sullivan, The EvilDead"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the resident evil ones were the worst, they were just slightly pale!?!?!