Thread: Interview with Jeff Reddick (Day of the Dead remake) at AICN...

Administrator

England

Interview with Jeff Reddick (Day of the Dead remake) at AICN...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30713

My original take on the DOTD remake was a lot closer to the original film. About 75% of the movie took place in the bunker and many of the key characters, and their relationships, were similar. We updated the story so that it fit with the current world climate. With our new war on terror, the political climate is a lot different than it was 20 odd years ago. So I wanted to take George Romero’s themes and explore them in the context of the world we live in now.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    well...

maybe the movie might not be as bad as i thought...

well i could be wrong..(Yawn04)

X-box live GT: Fallenunder

My myspace is www.myspace.com/epri

http://www.thelivingdead.informe.com/
    We're dead, We're all messed up...

United States
    I was just about to post this.

"Jeff: The biggest reason was Steve Miner. I really like him as a director and he’s done some of my favorite movies, “Friday The 13th Part 2,” “House,” “Warlock” and “Halloween H20.”"
    Warlock? House!?!

Either his taste sucks or he's a world class brown nose.

Still dubious.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    Well, I have had reservations in the past about this remake, but I intend on going to see it to check out how crap it is...

Dead

Undisclosed
    Interesting insight on how screwed up Hollywood is, but a bit annoying as the guy conducting the interview has no concept of what an interviewer is supposed to do. The interviewer is supposed to ask unbiased questions, and the interviewee is supposed to answer. Unbiased means NO ONE GIVES A SH*T ABOUT YOUR OPINION, WERESMURF! Stop trying to kiss the guy's ass and ask him unprejudiced questions. You're a perfect example of what's wrong with the media today.

"...Personally I again, don't share their opinions"

(Why would he say this rather than just asking the damned questions?)

"The thing that really pisses me off personally is when I see people on a movie board, or people in real life who condemn a movie to hell before seeing anything about it".

Yet, he pisses on the people who made 'Snakes on a Plane' two paragraphs above for their failed efforts in "trying to please everyone".

Last I checked, this movie hadn't even been released yet, it that still true?
    If so, he's also a hypocrite.

Please take a class on journalism and stop acting like a child, WERESMURF, you really pulled a Katie Couric on this one.

This movie can still scratch my a*s, I'd rather see Snakes on a Plane.

Undisclosed
    Nicely said Jim...
    When I interviewed Jeff, I asked all the pertinant questions that we as fans here would have wanted answered, but i still kept an open mind as to what he answered with. His responses to me were enthusiastic & sincere, but I'm still skeptical about the films outcome....I'll see it for what it is ... a remake , I'm not too thrilled with the current trailer , but ... it's a new zombie film .... not quite sure what to make of all of it yet ...it may bomb, it may be the same as Dawn 04...dunno yet ....but I sure as hell didn't kiss up to the guy, I told him he'll have his ass handed to him if the film sucks & he said he was prepared for that... give him credit for knowing what he's up against...

On the other hand, stepping away from the remake...he's a likeable guy, friendly , enthusiastic and a horror fans fan ... I enjoyed talking to him regardless of the film and/or the hype...
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So I wanted to take George Romero’s themes and explore them in the context of the world we live in now.
    He says he wants to explore. I say he has either "lost the map" or is holding it upside down.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    the thing that makes me laught is how he excuse the ****ty looking trailer.
    "it´s not color corrected" bfff when you shoot something with good cameras the footage looks very similar to the final movie. don´t belive that the movie it´s gonna be much better looking.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sirjacktorrance View Post
    the thing that makes me laught is how he excuse the ****ty looking trailer.
    "it´s not color corrected" bfff when you shoot something with good cameras the footage looks very similar to the final movie. don´t belive that the movie it´s gonna be much better looking.
    I know , thats just stupid. THe Visual was fine, it what wa happening that wasn't.

You can mix a song till the cows come home, no amount of polish will make a crap song better

And thet tard-o-licious "bad day to be a zombie" line. "oh, that was improvised". Like thats an excuse to be stupid?!?!?!?!?!
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    i think he excused himself.it´s like he is saying:"hey!that crappy phrase it´s not mine!!"XD
    i respect the guy, i think he is a friendly guy and likeable but he thinks in horror movies like adolscents movies.he only has write teen horror movies,he doesn´t understant what the adulthorror genre is and i don´t think he understands what the romero movis was about.