Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The best remake ever...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    It always bothered my how no one ever got hurt on the A-Team. I remember watching an episode once where a helicopter crashed into a mountain and burst into flames, and I was thinking "Holy crap! Someone is going to die!" Then I saw the bad guys stumbling out of the wreckage without a scratch on them. Oh Boy!
    You weren't told?

The A-Team took place on the same paralel earth where the coyote and roadrunner call home.
    "Move over, boys. I'm one of the gang now." - Mantan Moreland

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^ he speaks the truth

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    At least the Road Runner and Coyote were more entertaining, than the A-Team. DAWN 04 was way better than the A team and out of the all the remakes of George's films it is the BEST.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    At least the Road Runner and Coyote were more entertaining, than the A-Team. DAWN 04 was way better than the A team and out of the all the remakes of George's films it is the BEST.
    NOTLD90 was better. Much better.. Though, obviously, it is your opinion and you are entitled to it. my opinion is I think your a little nuts

And Roadrunner and the A team were both lame. Ateam because it insulted intellignece and Roadrunner because it was always the same. Acme , Canyons, Anvils and beep beep. Wylie Coyote always had my sympathies cause Roadrunner was an asswipe.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    NOTLD90 was better. Much better.. Though, obviously, it is your opinion and you are entitled to it. my opinion is I think your a little nuts

And Roadrunner and the A team were both lame. Ateam because it insulted intellignece and Roadrunner because it was always the same. Acme , Canyons, Anvils and beep beep. Wylie Coyote always had my sympathies cause Roadrunner was an asswipe.
    I can't sympathize with the Coyote. Why? Even if it is a cartoon and he is supposed to chase the Roadrunner and follow the script, I'm sure there was much slower prey that he could have caught.

The A-Team was made for the same people who watch Romero's films only for the zombies and for the gore, you know the same ones who miss any hidden meaning or message in the films
    Last edited by Brubaker; 28-Dec-2006 at 03:34 AM.

Undisclosed
    IM all for the guy that started this post...total backstory, i also wouldnt mind seeing what made harry cooper such an a sshole, n either version...the massacre in evans city, all that good stuff

Also, I think a movie based, LOOSELY, on the NOTLD 3part comic, where Barbara survives, would be pretty cool. Cause it is possible in the end of Night68, barbara seeing her brother is what snapped her out of her coma realy, and she started whooping some zombie ass off camera...although i think the whole spaceship/monster alien smackdown/loco horndog scientist/charles manson in the white house would be kind of a stretch...
    Sex, blood, rock and roll...

United States
    What if they would have remade Dawn of the Dead and actually tried to pay honor to Romero's work instead of just ripping off the title? Wouldn't it be awesome to see a modern day take on this? How about the scenes in the countryside with all the rednecks? And the slaughter at the projects? What about an alternate ending that either followed Fran and Peter when they left or showed Peter shooting himself and Fran sticking her head into the blades of the chopper? Any thoughts?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    What if they would have remade Dawn of the Dead and actually tried to pay honor to Romero's work instead of just ripping off the title? Wouldn't it be awesome to see a modern day take on this? How about the scenes in the countryside with all the rednecks? And the slaughter at the projects? What about an alternate ending that either followed Fran and Peter when they left or showed Peter shooting himself and Fran sticking her head into the blades of the chopper? Any thoughts?
    Tom Savini's cameo and the homemade "survival video" shown in the bonus features fills the redneck quota.

Undisclosed
    I'd have to say that Night 90 takes the cake as far as remakes go. Dawn 04, aside from using the title Dawn Of The Dead, has very little to do with the original, and Night 90 sticks closely to Night 68. Based on that alone, there is really only one remake of a GAR movie in the first place.

Does Dawn 04 stand on its own? I do believe so. It was rather entertaining. The makeup looked pretty good, and the acting wasn't terrible. However, I hated the pacing, I hated the "Saving Private Ryan" war movie style of shooting on the zombie scenes, I didn't really sense much of an atmosphere, and I'm not a huge fan of fast zombies. It's not one of my favorites, but it's definately better than a lot of the other zombie films out there... but certainly not worthy of being called a remake of such a classic.

Night 90 I personally really enjoy. Right down to the soundtrack. Being a huge fan of electronic and ambient music, I thought it worked really well and added a very creepy atmosphere to the film. The fact that it was timid and slow also added to the atmosphere as it gave you time to breath it in. Some of the acting (particularly of Kate Finneran who played Judy) was not so great. The film kept to the basic concept of the original, virtually all the way through, and was able to add a few new surprises, which qualifies it as a worthy remake in my opinion. Whereas, by the end of Dawn 04, you're not even sure if you're watching the same film anymore.

As for what I would do if I could remake one myself, I simply wouldn't do it. I am not a film maker and wouldn't have the balls to screw with such classics. I respect them as they are. Also, I would much rather create something fresh and original if I had the ability to do so.

This idea of a solid prequel to the original Night (and NOT one like Children Of The Living Dead... *shudder*) sounds nice. I would love to see the back stories on these characters... and not the back story of the cemetary zombie like Russo did with the 30th Anniversary. That was the biggest crock of **** ever. Who cares what his back story is. We all know how it ends. He's still a senseless murderer... only now he's eating people and rotting with other members of the walking dead.

Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by frequentc; 07-Feb-2007 at 06:31 AM.

Canada
    tom savini's night 90 is the best to me. dawn 04 was alright but its nothing i will watch to often.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Undisclosed
    dawn 04 gets better with each viewing though

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Now of course, it would be interesting to see the scenes from Night you talk about, the Cooper's car turning over, the scene at Beekman's diner, etc. I would think a movie like that wouldnt really be a remake, but a different movie. I would be more comfortable if GAR made such a movie, rather than you or me, because they were all his ideas to begin with.
    I was thinking something similar. What happened to all the characters from NOTLD is a side story that deserve to be told on their own. I'm tired of seeing the same story in night retold over and over. Something like that would breathe new life into it. It would be like following the bikers from dawn and seeing how they dealt with it. see the whole crisis from their perspective. Who knows we might end up sympathizing with them as to their reasons for raiding the mall.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"