Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Student tazered 5 times for not leaving the library, with video!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    Fascist? I think real fascists would have shot the little prick to make an example of him.

He brought this on himself.

-stray-
    That's right, Comply with the man, or get your ass shot!!

AND if you are shot, it is, of course, all your own fault.

Obviously the crime of not showing an ID card holds the "reasonable" punishment of getting shot or tazered.

Have you folks forgotten where you live????

You would think folks around here had the misconception that they were living in a free country or something.

What the hell is wrong with them?
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post

Obviously the crime of not showing an ID card holds the "reasonable" punishment of getting shot or tazered.

You would think folks around here had the misconception that they were living in a free country or something.

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post

I guess it's fascist Lite, the choice of the new generation of powere mad sadistic dickheads.

At the end of the tape the cops says to a man protesting the torture
    "you step back or youre going to get tasered too".

I dont give a crap if he had ab ID card or not, they were torturing him.
    Everbody loves cops until somehow they end up on the wrong end of their terrorism then suddenly they change their mind about how things go down

I dont forget where I live
    The Land of the Free when its convienient

And its true about them always grabbing at you.
    Funny how blocking a punch to the face is resisting.
    Stop Resisting means stop blocking so I can smash in your godamn face unimpeded.

They feel up your balls then slap you and yell at you for blanching. How do I hide a weapon in my sack? Its just a tool to humiliate and break your will.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    At the end of the tape the cops says to a man protesting the torture
    "you step back or youre going to get tasered too".

Actually....I think that guy was asking for his badge number and the cop said that to him.

Undisclosed
    The kid's words--in between screams, of course--speak volumes. Typical Patriot Act-esque bullsh*t. 2008 can't come soon enough.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Some of the students should have got together a fair-sized group and taken the cops down and then ran for it.
    Totally agree. When the cop used it on him the third time I don't think I would have been physically able to stand aside and do nothing. Cop or no cop, I would have punched his lights out!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    Totally agree. When the cop used it on him the third time I don't think I would have been physically able to stand aside and do nothing. Cop or no cop, I would have punched his lights out!
    I agree. I would have been taken down, too, had I been there. I would not stand back and allow that to happen. I don't know how those kids held back the urge to at least shove any of the cops.

This video infuriates and sickens me.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    yeah, cops are a**holes......I know from experience. I told them my medical history involved depression and next thing you know I was naked for 24 hours. However, the stupid dumb son of a b**** should have left when librarian asked him to. He saw the opportunity to scream and cry like a big wet p*ssy and took it. "Watch me stand up for some cause because I'm at the university and people will dig it" Bring your ID to school, retard. It's the rules. I'd be pissed off if some dumbsh*t wouldn't leave the libary when he was asked. I don't feel sorry for him.

BUT

The cops did use excessive force. No taser required. If the guy didn't want to be touched, tough titty. He should have left when librarian asked. After he started pitchin' a fit they should've just twisted his ear and drug him out of there like a five year old. I hate a lot of cops, but you've got to play by the rules.
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Undisclosed

How's that for a slice of fried gold?
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Undisclosed
    Actually....I think that guy was asking for his badge number and the cop said that to him.
    Those were other students asking for the badge numbers in video as far as I can tell.
    From some other sources (TV + some other online articals that I read...I can try looking from them but I didnt think it was that important to prove cause it just relates somewhat to what I thought I heard in the video)
    Some student or students claim that after making repeated demands to the officers for their badge numbers that they were threatened with being Tazed...something in like in the vein of "Give us your Badge Number!" "What?! you wanna get Tazed too!"....
    but who knows if its true...the point is I thought that the background voices of "Give me your badge number" I thought I heard it from onlooking students...cause it didnt sound like the guys voice getting tazed....

But anyway that was just addressed to bassman But more to the point!...

Everybody ...Everybody
    Calm down...

The video captures next to nothing.

It doesnt capture any of the events leading up to the tazing. Even in the earliest audio.

Now while Rodney King's video did not capture the events leading up to his attack either, there was at least a clear view of consistent and excessive force. And the force's application was clearly not intended for aiding in an arrest (Taking turns beating him while dozens of police waited and watched).

This video on the other hand there is no clear view of the actions taking place. You hear screaming and you see authoritarian acting police. Given the view though you have no indication of the alarm of the police or the situation of the victim.

So given this situation the video can really only be used in conjuncture with faculty/Staff, students, victim, and police testimony....
    We on the other hand are left to argue about hypothetical situations....

The following and similiar statements that you all have been making are all hypothetical and depend entirely on how one interpretted the video and its related reports:

"He deserved it because he wouldnt comply with direction"
    "This is the current climate we live in so obey or suffer the consquences"
    "The cops did use excessive force. No taser required."
    "He should have let them remove him and this wouldnt happen"
    "[Any statement of opinion on what the victim should have done earlier in the incidence]"
    "[Any arguement or statement about the police actions as it relates to their use of force]"

So basically everyone here is talking about nothing because depending on your interpretation one is seeing an entirely different thing....

If you guys want to argue about this intelligently and have it go in any meaniful direction do one or two things...

Pick a "fact" that is nearly undeniable and supported in both video and in articles...
    Or pick a near "fact" and state your interpretation of it and then your viewpoint....

If people dont do this the topic cant really amount to anything and the thread wont go anywhere because people will just be talking in circles.... The thread will just be a dozen or so variations of the exact same post just stating different meaningless things
    "I think this [Blank] and I cant believe we [blank] because this [blank] is always [blanking] in this damn country" etc...

So all that being said Ill throw my two cents in according to the criteria I set forth...Im picking a "Fact" and a "near fact" and stating my interpretation/opinion of it....

Okay everything Im about to say remains valid even if supplied with unforeseen circumstances not represented in the clip and surrounding stories...So it doesnt matter about the stuff that we didnt see before the event and the things we didnt see in the video... It also is independent on ones views on political enviroment demands on enforcement and compliance...

There was at least three officers during the incident. (I counted 4 during the incident but there may have been more).

The Officers decision was to use force to deal with the then suspect

The student was Tazered 5 times.

The Officers had handcuffs (seen as the victim is carried off).

As soon as officers decide to use the non lethal force of a tazer they are committing themselves to making an arrest independant as to wether he would actually be charged with any crime or injuncture. Partially because either at the station or by paramedics he would have to checked up on to see if the tazing caused or exacerbated any unseen physical condition.

So based on their decision of non lethal force their goal is to apprehend/arrest the suspect.

A tazer is designed to incapacitate a suspect for arrest or for subduing a dangerous person prior to transfer to the station for questioning...

So the proper procedure was not used

After the first tazing the 3-4 officers should have then have immediately subdued the suspect in handcuffs. Piling on the suspect following the procedures we all have seen hundreds of times on cops and in movies...where they wrestle them on their back and pin the arms behind the back and cuff him ... Then drag him out under his own will or by using the position of the handcuffs to force him out needing only two officers ... Arguably the officers could have done the subduing without the tazer but that is neither here nor there.
    Any escalation from the point of the initial tazing and subduing I will only address if someone brings it up hypothetically....

What the officers did instead though after the intial taze was use the tazer as a threat to the suspect/victim if he failed to comply with immediate directions.
    The usage of a tazer is to incapacitate a dangerous suspect so that he can be subdued. They did not try to subdue him even with superior numbers and an intial taze with the suspect on the ground...

So in conclusion I feel that the police responce is totally inappropriate and perhaps criminal given their misuse of the tazer. Its likely the victim will accept a plea and confidentiality agreement that is almost sure to follow.

And thats it....no side issues of political agenda or hypothetical origins fueling the incident... just a simplification of the most reliable events....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    Very profound, Terran, and very true.

I think the misconception here is that the fuzz used their Tazer in the stun mode, which would mean that he was down and helpless after they zapped him. From what I've read in the various articles they had the device set to "drive" which administers a painful jolt, but doesn't incapacitate.

A good shot to the butt should have send him running home to mommy (and really, he needed his mommy there to dry his widdle tears).

Maybe in the future Mr. Alphabet (whatever his name is) will respect the authority he voluntarily placed himself under (the school and its rules and officials) and behave himself.

The fuzzies can learn from this too. If they're going to be labeled Fascists and called other nasty swears, skip the Tazer and go straight to the nightsticks.

-stray-

ps -- as a side note: I think I'll get me one of those Tazers to keep my kids in line when they get mouthy. Either that or fit them with those electric dog training collars.

:-D

-s-
    Last edited by strayrider; 18-Nov-2006 at 06:44 AM.

Kazakhstan
    wow...tough guy.

so if your kid came home, having pissed himself, left with a permanent racketing heartbeat from multiple taser jabs and a bad case of agoraphobia & fear of police, and when you asked him what happened he said "i forgot my library card" you'd be cool with that?

i agree the kid was being a dork, and deserved a clip round the earhole, but that kind of brutality is just over the top! you cannot just put someone through that much pain for such a MINOR infraction of...college library rules...its not like he was in the pentagon without an ID card.

how far is too far by your standards?

i daresay if he was a white girl they wouldnt have been so heavy handed - and if you agree with that then it renders any argument in their favour redundant.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    A good shot to the butt should have send him running home to mommy (and really, he needed his mommy there to dry his widdle tears).
    OOOO tough guy there. I would like to see you take 5 FIVE shots from the tazer and then just stand there like mr tough guy. You would be crying your "widdle" tears too!

It reall easy to make that proclamation over a message board.
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Scotland
    Some more updates:

A statement from one of the students.

And it looks like they have a Lawyer.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i cant believe some people here believe shooting volts, no matter how many into another person for being an ass is justified in any way.