Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: did anyone else notice...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed

did anyone else notice...

in the extras for Land....John Leguizamo didn't really seem like he knew or respected Romero's work at all....

What gave me this idea was when he notices the Night of the Living Dead poster and makes some crack about there being naked people in it - and he generally seemed like he didn't know that before...but if he'd seen NOTLD perhaps he'd have already have known this? He refers to Night as an influence or something but surely if something influences you, you'd know what was in the actual movie?

I'm not quoting here by the way, I noticed this about a year ago but never really thought to mention it, now I'm bored so its a good time. haha.

Anyway I'll stop making silly threads now.

ViP

United States
    I thought he showed a great deal of respect for Romero. When he pointed at the naked lady on the poster, he was making a joke. He is a stand-up comedian after all.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I agree with Axlish. I'm sure he has the respect. He was just making a little joke. Not a VERY funny joke, but if you've seen his stand up performances you know he's actually a very funny dude. Very vulgar, too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    While I doubt Leguizamo is a die-hard Romero fan, I'm sure he recognizes the respect that George deserves. Again, when seeing the poster he was just making a joke. And throughout the entire extra featurette I was amazed at how charismatic he seemed. Towards everyone.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    I thought he showed a great deal of respect for Romero. When he pointed at the naked lady on the poster, he was making a joke. He is a stand-up comedian after all.
    interesting point, I never knew he did stand up..!

I dunno, it just kinda itched me when I saw it, that he'd make a point about Romero being a God then actually be surprised that someone existed within his movies that he didn't know about - however yeah if he was just kidding perhaps I misplaced his intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    While I doubt Leguizamo is a die-hard Romero fan, I'm sure he recognizes the respect that George deserves. Again, when seeing the poster he was just making a joke. And throughout the entire extra featurette I was amazed at how charismatic he seemed. Towards everyone.
    See, I don't agree with you there...He came across (to me) as someone a little bit too "full" of himself...I dunno, obviously I wasn't there but I'd easily speculate he had a bit of an ego during that production, that was deflated by Hopper...haha

maybe I'm reading too much into it...I think what it does come down to, is that I didn't warm to him at all in that piece....oh well....I'm sure he's a lovely bloke in real life.
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 05-Jan-2007 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    That might be true, but I have a feeling it's all just a charade. And I personally love the guys behavior. His way of bragging and cracking offensive jokes like that is just... My kind of guy.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Theres a big billboard of him nearby here pimping ghetto Remy Martin
    Hennessy
    It looks like it was shot with him wearing his "Cholo" wardrobe
    If it's still up I'll try and grab a pic of it tomorrow.
    Last edited by Bongholio; 19-Jan-2007 at 01:33 PM.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Ya I agree. I do not think he ment any disrespect.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    Ya I agree. I do not think he ment any disrespect.
    I didn't think he meant disrespect (just that he didn't respect his work), and that he was bull****ting when he claimed to be a fan of Georges.

United States
    I think that his pic on this billboard is the same pic (minus the Hennessey) that was on the casting board in the special feature we are talking about. If so, thats weird!

I dont think he was being disrepsectful, just making a joke. I also dont think he is a huge GAR fan like we are, but probably gained that respect while working with GAR. If anything, he maybe seemed like he didnt really want to be doing the special feature. He probably didnt get paid extra for it.

As another point no one has mentioned, he makes that joke that there are naked people in Night and not in their movie, yet there is a pretty hot topless chick in the bar scene dancing in a cage. I would rather see her than the naked zed in Night any day!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The one thing I wish LAND would have explored more was the interworkings of the new world, so to speak. We already know there are zombies outside, but I thought it would have been cooler had they set the film entirely in the walled in city, and CHolo threatened to blow up a wall letting the zombies in or something like that.

When they were outside the city there just didn't seem to be that many zombies around. The world is supposedly overrun with the living Dead, yet in the opening 15 minutes there was about 25 zombies.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    damn Philly
    Hennessy is spelled out on the billboard
    you get detention
    Lay off the arcade and crack open the books.

capncnut

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongholio View Post
    damn Philly
    Hennessy is spelled out on the billboard
    you get detention
    Lay off the arcade and crack open the books.
    I feel that on an internet message board, spelling should not be held against you. People are typing fast, with no auto-spellcheck. Sometimes a mis-spelled word creates an unintended funny result, but the idea is the important thing.

Even on Jeopardy, if you mispell something in your Final Jeopardy response, you are not penalized for it.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    I feel that on an internet message board, spelling should not be held against you. People are typing fast, with no auto-spellcheck. Sometimes a mis-spelled word creates an unintended funny result, but the idea is the important thing.

Even on Jeopardy, if you mispell something in your Final Jeopardy response, you are not penalized for it.
    Yeah, I agree with you on that one. Especially if it's pretty obvious what point you're trying to make.