Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: does Land kinda blow?

Undisclosed

does Land kinda blow?

i was just as stoked about Land coming out as anyother fan,i followed the progress for about a year from when i heard romero was just starting the script and although i will say that it was an interesting movie and with the exception of dennis hopper and john lenguzamo they didnt cast the lead with over exposed actors but a couple things did bug me:

1) i didnt like gas station zombie his screams were terrible and show the dead how to shot humans instead of eating them?
    (i dont like my zombies smart)

2) this is the capper i truely thought the beginning was going to do a quick timeline starting frm the begining maybe even showing clips from the first three movies i thought the beginning was 2 short and not dark enough!

anyone with me on these?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    http://www.homepageofthedead.com/vbb...read.php?t=168

By the way...I like your avatar of Marty Feldman. Funny guy.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Well, a long, dark beginning is to what we are all used to. You can't blame George for trying to change the format. However, I agree with you about the smart zombies. Some people argure that they are scarier. I think that with mental ability comes mental weakness. The fact that they will try to eat you without concern of losing more limbs nor any other further injury is what I love about 'em. Yeah, Land kinda blew the first time I watched it, but I love it now. There's a long-standing thread about this debate in the Land of the Dead section. I never got involved in that discussion, but that's my stance.

Oh, and I think of Big Daddy as being "on the rag" a lot while I'm watching Land.
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

By the way...I like your avatar of Marty Feldman. Funny guy.
    "Walk this way....like this"
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    i thought the beginning was 2 short and not dark enough!
    Personally, I thought Land was the darkest episode since Night.

And the Feldman avatar does indeed rock!

Undisclosed
    LAND... ehm, let me think for while... ehm... LAND... ehm...

Okay:

I'm here because LAND.

Is it satisfying as answer?
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

United States
    Land is a bit of a borderline action movie. I think that is the general turnoff.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah i agree, this is the only zombie movie were i wantd more zombie and less people interacting.

definatly had the odour of a "sci-fi" origional in it. not saying its a bad film i just expected the likes of dean cain and that vander beak guy to pop up.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    Land is a bit of a borderline action movie. I think that is the general turnoff.
    Not that much of action as people supposed it would have delivered.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

United States

Land ...

The band in the gazebo was pricless ... I liked Big Daddy , he goes in the yarn of the zombie at the end of Dawn that trades guns , and Bub from Day . Its a natural progression according to GAR ... watch 'Land ' w/ the commentary , GAR explains this ...
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alive Man View Post
    Not that much of action as people supposed it would have delivered.
    No...I strongly disagree. It was a natural progression for the films to take, but it was definately more action-y than the others.

Undisclosed
    tbh i thought land was more heoric then flesh eating zombie, just because there was a team that can save the day and everything will be ok, bit predictable tbh but it was good cause there is alot of ways they kill and eat there meals and how they learn to use things even tho it defiys being dead and not havent any way of learning new thing , Dead = Brain gone, futhermore i hated the fact that wen it finished the zombies walked away while if u were a zombie and everything was done then u keep eating lol
    FULLER

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylefuller88 View Post
    defiys being dead and not havent any way of learning new thing , Dead = Brain gone
    Actually zombie = brain only thing still functioning

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aye, if you thought otherwise why would the head /brain ine make any sense.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    i was just as stoked about Land coming out as anyother fan,i followed the progress for about a year from when i heard romero was just starting the script and although i will say that it was an interesting movie and with the exception of dennis hopper and john lenguzamo they didnt cast the lead with over exposed actors but a couple things did bug me:

1) i didnt like gas station zombie his screams were terrible and show the dead how to shot humans instead of eating them?
    (i dont like my zombies smart)

2) this is the capper i truely thought the beginning was going to do a quick timeline starting frm the begining maybe even showing clips from the first three movies i thought the beginning was 2 short and not dark enough!

anyone with me on these?
    I need to watch the movie again but I do not like my zombies smart as well. Zombie out for revenge? Oh please! He did not even eat anyone and that is a zombies primary instinct, the need to feed! And yes all the actors were overly exposed. The only actor I feel that actually fit his role was john lenguzamo.