Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Monroeville Mall light fixtures

United States
    Yeah, I was there at the 26th anniversary Comicon, and they had them all layed out in a empty store. I really wanted to buy one, but I thought about how there was a bunch of crap in the car already (and the steep pricetag) and did not buy one. I really wish now that I had, I was right there in the same room with them. I would love to have a couple on my wall right now.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT
    Yeah, I was there at the 26th anniversary Comicon, and they had them all layed out in a empty store. I really wanted to buy one, but I thought about how there was a bunch of crap in the car already (and the steep pricetag) and did not buy one. I really wish now that I had, I was right there in the same room with them. I would love to have a couple on my wall right now.
    What was their latest asking price?

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Mall Lights

I was in contact with Heather when the lights were on ebay. I did not buy one at the time, mainly because the shipping was $160.00 to the UK.
    Afew months later I decided to buy one, contacted Heather and she said the Mall had been sold and the new buyer would not let them sell any more.
    If you have any luck getting them to ship one please let me know, I still might be interested.

Undisclosed
    LOL, you so crazy! I used to live thier and the mall was my stomping grounds, never had any idea what the mall would mean to me a couple of years down the road! It was a great mall even before I saw the dead films though. Actually when i was very young, I was afraid to go up the stairs at MM cuz they had no backs! lol. Going down was fine, but I would have my dad hold my hand going up them, I was terifyed that I would mistep and fall through them. Again lol.

I was at MM once (long after the stair thing) and I remeber a guy had a gun and shot this gal for some reason, well I was with some of my friends at the other side of the same area. We herd the shot and man did we hit the floor!

You know the shot of the bank in Dawn, I used to go thier and ask all the tellers if they had 50 cent pieces for me to exchange for. After the 2nd or 3rd time of doing this, the nice teller would see me comming and go to all the regesters and see if they had some and then put them on a table for me to pick and choose the ones I wanted to exchange!!! Thanx lady, whoever you are!

Some great times for sure

If I had known people were going to pay for stuff from MM, they would have had to remodle much earlier.....hehehe

Good luck with your search, I havent been back thier for about 3 years now. I did get to see the remodle. Yeah they wanted to update the mall, but it would have been a lot cooler if they left it alone.
    Last edited by thecoldwarrior; 31-Mar-2006 at 03:46 AM.
    Look behind you!!!

Undisclosed
    I still try to make it to the mall once a year, usually around Halloween time. Yeah, it's changed, but it's still pretty cool.
    Camelot is a state of mind.

United States
    I was at the mall last week but the lady i talked to didn't know if they had them or not. I'm going back out to the area in June and i'm going to get another one come hell or high water. Here is a picture of me and my wife in front of the remaining light, its near Hot Topic. I rewired my light and have it in the dining room now
    Attached Images

Spain
    Thanks for the info, Monrozombi and good luck! Keep me/us informed!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

the light fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    I think I recall reading something, some time ago, about two or three of the old light fixtures still surviving the makeover. Is this true?
    I am here alot at monroville mall since I live only an hour away infact I was here on last sunday and I did not see any of the old light fixtures anywhere at the mall I remeber coming here when they had the old stuff the old rails on the second floor the old lights the old front entrance the fountain the clock wow this place has changed alot but everything is gone but however next time I go I will look for the old light fixture if its there. It would have been better if they had left the mall how it was

ViP

United States
    Patrick, read two comments up ^^. It is located near Hot Topic.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    I was there too with Philly (I didn't know who he was at the time, though I remember seeing him) and the price for the fixtures was a little too steep for my wife and I
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    the price for the fixtures was a little too steep for my wife and I
    Dude, you own one of the holy grails of all DAWN props. Why would you want a light fixture?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Dude, you own one of the holy grails of all DAWN props. Why would you want a light fixture?
    Which is why I don't feel all that bad that I didn't insist on buying this. Had I forced my hand at that time and gotten my wife to agree to the light fixture, I probably would not have been able to plea my case for the prop M-16 later.

At the time I figured that another prop or piece of memorabilia is bound to come my way eventually, and the light fixture just didn't make me jones enough to get it. At that time I had already resisted copies of canceled Latent Image checks, empty bullet casings certified by Clayton, and other cool things, so the light fixture was just another temptation. Sure glad I waited though!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 15-Aug-2008 at 09:25 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Had I forced my hand at that time and gotten my wife to agree to the light fixture, I probably would not have been able to plea my case for the prop M-16 later.
    Yep, you need to pick your battles carefully,