Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Monroeville Mall light fixtures

Spain

Looking for Monroeville Mall light fixtures

Has anybody 1 for sale? I would be very interested... I missed the opportunity to buy one a couple of years ago and i'm starting to repent of not getting one at the time...

ViP

United States

Spain
    Back then, I contacted some girl working at the Mall called Heather (I think), but when I tried to contact her more recently, her email was no longer available. A month ago or so I send an email to the Monroeville Mall syaff with this quetion, and they told me that they would contact me later with some info, but they haven't.

btw axlish... Do you really live in Japan? I always thought you were an American living in America...

ViP

United States
    I live in America. I was born in Japan though. Military Child.

The question next to the flag says "Where are you from?"

I too conversed with Heather back in the day. The management could care less about selling some junk they have lying around in a back room. You'll have to keep pestering them I'm afraid. Your best bet is to go there personally, buy it, and ship it back to yourself.

Spain
    Yep, I have assumed that going there to buy it would be the best (safest and cheaper, no intermediaries involved in the shipping, etc) way to get one of those... My grandad is now on N. Carolina, spending a month there with one of his sisters... I could tell him to travel quite a few miles and get it, but he'd probably ask me if I'm crazy or what.

United States
    lol funny

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    So far as i know, the last lot of light fittings from the mall ALL went on eBay about eighteen months ago ... and that was the last of them.

You can keep an eye out on eBay for resales, but expect to wait anywhere from several years to infinity.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    So far as i know, the last lot of light fittings from the mall ALL went on eBay about eighteen months ago ... and that was the last of them.

You can keep an eye out on eBay for resales, but expect to wait anywhere from several years to infinity.
    They only sold 2 or 3 units on eBay. After selling the first one, they didn't have much luck. I know thxleo and Monrozombi picked one up in person. They have dozens more in a back room.

Banned User

United States

Wink

I start to reminisce when ever somone talks about the Monroeville Mall. I spent my whole childhood in the 70's and 80's in that mall. **sigh** I was there when they took out our beloved skate rink and replaced it with a food court
    Ahhhhhhhhh Memories!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS
    I start to reminisce when ever somone talks about the Monroeville Mall. I spent my whole childhood in the 70's and 80's in that mall. **sigh** I was there when they took out our beloved skate rink and replaced it with a food court
    Ahhhhhhhhh Memories!
    I've known you for 7 years and ALL you talk about is "I used to go to the Monroeville Mall ALL the time!" (or Godzilla or aliens or ghosts)
    That's kinda creepy.
    There's a big world out there.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    What’s the story on the light fixtures, are they just fluorescents ceiling lights are they something special. I will be passing by Pittsburg in May and am considering a side trip to the mall, airport and Evans City. So any info would be great.

Undisclosed
    Yeah, I'm late in hearing anything about this. Can you bring us up to speed?

ViP

United States
    A couple of years ago, the Monroeville Mall replaced the light fixtures throughout the mall, and decided to try and sell the old ones as movie memorabelia. They are the fixtures located on the posts in the picture.

They were selling them for around 200 each.

Spain
    I think I recall reading something, some time ago, about two or three of the old light fixtures still surviving the makeover. Is this true?

ViP

United States
    One did survive. I can confirm this as of August 2004. It was in one of the corners.