Thread: Star Wars virgin watches 1-6 marathon! (ew.com)

ViP

United States

Star Wars virgin watches 1-6 marathon! (ew.com)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah, surprisings the word, myself i used to love it but now ive expanded my repetoir ,so to speak, i honestly think the lord of the rings trilogy is better than the origional star wars, even if they were just 3 films about walking

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Great to hear that even a "Star Wars Virgin" can see that the original films are much better than the new trilogy.

And what rock does this guy keep under in order to not see at least ONE star wars film?...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    a bloody big one.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    And what rock does this guy keep under in order to not see at least ONE star wars film?...

Hey a friend of mine, has never seen a Bond film
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Hey a friend of mine, has never seen a Bond film
    Moonraker was he only one I saw all the way through because it had "space stuff" in it. I think I saw the one before it too with the Jaws villain.
    Tried to watch them but I just don't like em at all.

But every boy likes Star Wars (the first 3). Wonder what he was into instead?
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Being a child of the seventies, it was IMPOSSIBLE to escape the Star Wars phenomenon. When the new trilogy was made, it was very EASY to escape the phenomenon. I saw A New Hope (just plain old Star Wars back then) on opening day as a youngster, the cinema was packed and had a real party atmosphere. When I saw Phantom Menace many years later, the theater was mostly quiet except for the odd toddler screaming for an ice cream. How things have changed.
    Last edited by capncnut; 21-Nov-2006 at 03:35 PM.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I saw A New Hope (just plain old Star Wars back then) on opening day as a youngster, the cinema was packed and had a real party atmosphere. When I saw Phantom Menace many years later, the theater was mostly quiet except for the odd toddler screaming for an ice cream. How things have changed.
    I live in a semi-small town, and it was a madhouse for episodes 1-3 on opening night (which was at midnight, day of technically). The audience was filled to the brim with geeks dressed up, light sabers and everything.
    Last edited by axlish; 21-Nov-2006 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Kazakhstan
    i think the empire strikes back is one of the best films ever made, tis a classy beast. jedi is good if you really liked ESB, a new hope is less impressive the older you get, imo.

the prequels were a bit disappointing, i have all the usual problems with TPM, i thought attack of the clones was reallllly boring, but sith was a pleasant suprise (that "NOOOOOO" bit aside).

interesting article, bit short though.

i met dave prowse once, he was a bit of a tit to be honest, but i was pleased to find out i was taller than darth vader

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    i think the empire strikes back is one of the best films ever made, tis a classy beast.
    It's true. Empire is a blinding sequel and a lot of that is down to it's director Irvin Kershner. Through a childs eyes, Empire is a balls out rollercoaster ride. Through an adults eyes, it's a well crafted masterpiece with a genuine sense of tragedy. The rebellion's darkest hour (or two) methinks. What's up with Irvin Kershner and fantastic sequels? He did Robocop 2 as well and that was proper s**t hot!

"Can't shoot a kid, can you f**ker?"