Thread: Connection Problems with HPOTD

Undisclosed

Connection Problems with HPOTD

I was wondering if anyone had noticed the same thing I have.

It seems recently that I have been having an extremely hard time getting onto HPOTD.

When I go to the site, it takes it a really long time to open. Sometimes I get the "page not found" error too. If I refresh over and over, it will eventually come up.

I have even hit other websites to see if it was my connection, but the problem seems to be limited to HPOTD.

Anyone else having this problem? The site used to pop right open for me, now, sometimes I can't get on.

thoughts?????

BTW I just read the thread about the cookie issue and logging in. That is not the problem I am having. I never get "logged out" It keeps me logged in, its just so slow.
    Last edited by dmbfanintn; 22-Nov-2006 at 06:56 PM.
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I have the same issue. It takes a good 5-10 seconds before the page loads, sometimes as long as 30 seconds. I do not have this problem on other websites. Just HPotD
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I have the same issue. It takes a good 5-10 seconds before the page loads, sometimes as long as 30 seconds. I do not have this problem on other websites. Just HPotD
    Something else i did. When I came on this time, it took forever, and i checked to see how many people were online. There were very few. With such a small number of people on, it shouldn't weight the bandwidth down that bad should it?

I think it's conspiracy!!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

England
    I only very occasionally get 'This page cannot be found' and it has been taking a little longer to load a page but never any longer than 7 seconds.

It doesnt really bother/effect me tho to be honest

Banned User

United States
    I do from time to time.

England
    The server maybe needs some maintenence,a good defrag & clean up would sort it i reckon

Christmas Island
    The only thing I notice is that things can seem quite slow at times. Click on a link to a fourm or thread or post or edit a message and it takes awhile to do its thing, maybe 10-15 seconds with broadband on my end. Perhaps the server is sharing a resource hogging process from another webpage.

capncnut
    Yes, I got a pretty decent PC and I have the "this page cannot be found" message semi-regularly. On top of that, the page opening times can be excruciatingly slow and it does not do that on other sites I visit.

Undisclosed
    Yeah I get very slow loads sometimes...or page cannot be found notifications...

I have a broadband connection...

Usually I attribute these probelms to the unidentified issues I have with my home network....(hmm this just spawned another post)...

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    I've noticed local connection problems usually occur during the heavy traffic times of the day (7pm at night for example).

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse