Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: nice to post something myself for once.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    there was tons of spaces in the car park and she spent ages driving around, my camera was on its tripod on the edge of one this guy was meant to be "raving" in na dshe revved the engine, drove into it purposely to get into were the camera was obviously pointing and tryed to knock the camera over. why?, simple.

some people are just jerksfor the sake of being jerks.

Super Moderator

UK
    What a complete bitch, I'd have slammed my fist on the bonnet of her car and told her to f*ck off and park somewhere else and stop being an annoying bint. I'm glad you were able to save your camera before it hit the ground.

Geezus, from some of the tales you tell the people where you live sound like complete dicks.

Undisclosed
    How about something simple for the title of the alien one, like "Broadcast"?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    not a bad idea but id keep thinking of the last broadcast.

and on the fallout front, i still aint been able to film becuase its been pissing it down for the last two weeks, and what with a tornado in the south and flood warnings up here its safe to say it aint the right weather to shoot a film were most of it is set at a campsite in swampy woodland.

god damn i hate winter, autumns over way too quick nowadays.

Super Moderator

UK
    BLAME THE MOTORVEHICLE!!! WE'RE KILLING AUTUMN!!!

Bollocks are we ... anyway, aye, Autumn's very hard to pin down, it merges with the seasons on either side and is gone too quick, but hasn't it always?

Filming in the winter is a bit of a bitch, just wrap up warm, get that beany hat on.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    k, so i get up this morning set to film the stuff i dont need anyone else in cus its been dry lately.

boy was i pissed.

i look out the window and see nothing, it was snowing and foggier than silent hill. still though i think that would be good footage so i head out to film, in jeans a cky t shirt and some converse sneakers.
    i get **** footage thats all pixelated cus of the weather adn when i get home my toes are blue, now i just thought it was mdily cold but i look at the thermometre AND ITS ZERO FRIKKIN DEGREES, i was walking round in jeans and a t shirt at frikkin zero.

god DAMN i hate winter!

Super Moderator

UK
    How could you not realise it was freezing?! Jeans and a tee?! You nuttah!

Also, if taking a camera out into the cold - put the tape in when inside, then when outside you have to give the camera about 10 or 15 minutes to aclimatise and then it'll be fine.

I've done the same thing before, rushed out with a camera sitting in 20 to 25 celcius conditions and then head to film immediately in freezing conditions. The footage came back a bit ropey in places, perhaps also due to it being an old tape, but mainly down to the cold methinks.

The next time I was out filming in the cold I allowed it to aclimatise and all was well.

I was recently out filming in the cold, not a severe difference, but about a 10 degree drop. Gave the camera a bit of time to aclimatise and it was fine.

A top tip.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i did it was very fine snow/mist on the lens that was doing it, plus i live on the edge of were the countryside mets the city near morland so its allways cold at the time i headed out, which was 6amby the way.

Super Moderator

UK
    Eh, so the lens was just obscured? Er...wipe the lens?

Do you mean actual break up on the tape itself?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well when it was recording on the monitor ti all looked fine, but when i played it back the first.... dunno maybe 5 to 10 seconds were screwed up with loads of big squares of the shot like a second ago and it was wierd to say the least.

Super Moderator

UK
    That's a scrambled signal, that happens with miniDV when the tape gets a bit screwy somewhere along the line. Occasionally happens, caused by any of a number of issues.

Was it just that first 5 or 10 seconds and that was it, all fine afterwards?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah, fine after that.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    yeah, fine after that.
    Just a basic start of tape glitch then, it happens now and then. Maybe partially down to the cold - or if you leave a tape in the camera for too long (I'm talking days or weeks) it can become slack on the heads, and then when you resume it can cause damage to the tape itself.

An extra little tip there for you to increase the life of your heads and your tapes.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just a little thign i thought id post, over the weekend im gonna be filming something, not fallout cus i want to put some time and effort into that but more of an experiment, a little black and white number with no dialogue that im tentativly giving the working title of "sunday" or "sunday morning", its nothing special, whilst im still getting the location picked for fallout yet this requires only two people and its only gonna be around 5 or 6 minutes long, hopefully ill post it on putfile in a week or so, depends when i can get my freinds/ actors together, espically since i need a driver and a car and only one of us fits that criteria, just hope itll be cool, later.

Super Moderator

UK
    Good luck with filming dude.