Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whoops

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Exactly how many posts does it take to reach Zombie Flesh Eater? 3,000? Hellsing, you're gettin close man.
    i think its like 7,000, maybe 10,000, im sure theres about 3 or 4 more titles above the one me and dj are at right now.

heres the official word on it.

Your title is the line of text that appears underneath your name. you cannot change it as a normal member but it changes as your postcount increases.
    The Title Ladder and Posts required for each are:

Fresh Meat - 0 Posts
    Being Attacked - 40 Posts
    Just Been Bitten - 100 Posts
    Dying - 200 Posts
    Dead - 600 Posts
    Twitching - 1200 Posts
    Rising - 2400 Posts
    Walking Dead - 3600 Posts
    Chasing Prey - 4800 Posts
    Feeding - 6200 Posts
    Zombie Flesh Eater - 8000 Posts

Very few members reach Zombie Flesh Eater (or ZFE) status and special things happen to you when you do!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Very few members reach Zombie Flesh Eater (or ZFE) status and special things happen to you when you do!
    Like what? Free GAR movies for life?

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by chal View Post
    Hey Lostboy, how's things up in sunny Edinburgh?

Yeah, i need to dig that up and resurrect it. In the meantime, i'm using a GIMPed version of the template i used for my tattoo (yeah, finally got one)
    Hey chal, Edinburgh has actually been pretty sunny this year, but the cold has started to creep in again.

How you doing with the career? My memory is hazy but you were busy with a high-end IT job like Java/C++ Programming or Network Engineer.

Undisclosed
    Since we moved back to the UK from Belgium the career is going very well, we've bought a house and my wife is pregnant. Feelings all sorts of grown-up right now!

Have you graduated yet?

Scotland
    Since we moved back to the UK from Belgium the career is going very well, we've bought a house and my wife is pregnant. Feelings all sorts of grown-up right now!

Have you graduated yet?
    Congrats on the impending kid.

Yeah I graduated, got myself a 2:1 but done bugger all with it.

Finally going back to a job tomorrow after doing nothing for months. Yay.

Undisclosed
    Congrats!

How come you've been off work?

2:1 is the best degree class (unless you're a genius) for the simple reason that if you get a 2:2 every time Desmond Tutu gets mentioned on the news you get a reminder that you should have maybe attended a few more lectures!

Super Moderator

UK
    Woot, I'm one of the 2:1 club as well.

Lostboy - hehe, there was one of those Tonight With Trevor "I do fudge all on this show" MacDonald scare-mongering shows on the other night, but this one was fairly valid, especially for this particular show which relies on pseudo-research and Daily Mail politics.

Anyway, it was all about degrees and how for some they're essentially worthless. Depends on what you do with it really, I found mine incredibly valuable - the whole uni experience was incredibly valuable. But I can fully understand there are people who just go for the experience and nothing more. In my film class there were several people who weren't going to pursue a career in film and there were others that you just sat there and thought "why on earth is that person doing this course?".

Fortunately I got through the system before Tony Blair acted on another one of his lies and brought along Top Up Fees (that scummy bastard) - and unsurprisingly university attendance is down because people can't afford to go - but some of those people are the people that should have been going but now can't because Labour keep raping the middle class who are bent over a soiled, wooden chopping block on a daily basis...

*ahem*

Rant over.

Undisclosed
    I was also just ahead of the fee system (it's a pity that New Labour isn't an anagram of Traitorous Assholes) but if that stupid system is still in place when my kids want to get degrees i'm going to home-universate them

Super Moderator

UK
    i'm going to home-universate them
    Lovin' it. I might have to do that too - that is if I have kids and if they go to Uni ... mind you, that's if a degree is even worthwhile by then!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Woot, I'm one of the 2:1 club as well.

Lostboy - hehe, there was one of those Tonight With Trevor "I do fudge all on this show" MacDonald scare-mongering shows on the other night, but this one was fairly valid, especially for this particular show which relies on pseudo-research and Daily Mail politics.

Anyway, it was all about degrees and how for some they're essentially worthless. Depends on what you do with it really, I found mine incredibly valuable - the whole uni experience was incredibly valuable. But I can fully understand there are people who just go for the experience and nothing more. In my film class there were several people who weren't going to pursue a career in film and there were others that you just sat there and thought "why on earth is that person doing this course?".

Fortunately I got through the system before Tony Blair acted on another one of his lies and brought along Top Up Fees (that scummy bastard) - and unsurprisingly university attendance is down because people can't afford to go - but some of those people are the people that should have been going but now can't because Labour keep raping the middle class who are bent over a soiled, wooden chopping block on a daily basis...

*ahem*

Rant over.

yeah when it was one my mom was screaming "danny,danny come quick its about going to university!", and it was nothing i didnt know, im currentyl expected to get a b in film and media at A2 and im doign damn well on my retake of my maths and im planning to enrol at my local uni (which means i dont have to get a loan for ocomadation and i can leave home when i choose,) and im planning to do un undergrad degree in film and television studies...or video studies i aint too sure, but let me tell you this guys.
    g.c.s.e's aint worth **** nowadays when looking for work,and though you dont need to go to a school and learn about film to make em the course i want does a great job placement in the industry and practical courses, and even giving the option to go to america for a bit and study there and since the repayment deal is now about £1.75 a week when you first leave after 4 years of learning i dont see what the fuss is about, cus if it gets you a better job, maybe to the point were you may not have to work nonstop till your old and grey then its worth it.

that said i have no interest in making money, which is why im still unemployed i really only wanna make movies to entertain, and tell storys.

...and maybe the hole trailer full of hookers wanting parts thing when im older but i dont need that right now

Undisclosed
    Everybody i know who lived at home when they did a degree hated it by the end because
    a) i come from the ass-end of nowhere, and the local university-sector college (for this, read "we couldn't become a university if we tried, and we're stuck in a town that is constantly refused city status because it's a dump") does not have a good rep.
    b) hedonism is a little hard when your parents are in the next room

Having said that, this was back when you still got a grant, i took out student loans (all paid off - don't defer them like a lot of people do because the interest accrues and people don't seem to realise this...especially drama students for some reason) and there were no tuitition fees. I'm thinking financially, life for students these days is waaaay harder going so there has to be a compromise or two.

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, it's a shame there has to be this compromise now, because campus living was sweet and likewise off-campus living was pretty sweet too. I had a complete blast, loved it all, had so much fun and got to run around like a nutter and fend for myself. It's a shame that dickhead Blair is ruining it for a lot of people, half of the university experience is fending for yourself.

Scotland
    Congrats!

How come you've been off work?

2:1 is the best degree class (unless you're a genius) for the simple reason that if you get a 2:2 every time Desmond Tutu gets mentioned on the news you get a reminder that you should have maybe attended a few more lectures!
    My contract ran out.

I've been out of the game for a long time, so much that it's embarrassing.

But it looks like I have a 3 week contract for december, then hopefully a full time contract next year starting mid January.