Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aside from the warning system...

United States

Aside from the warning system...

what else changed? I'm a bit daft at noticing differences on the forums, sometimes

Also...where has Andy been? Is he still part of the forum admin team? I haven't seen him much lately...
    Last edited by deadpunk; 25-Nov-2006 at 06:01 PM.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    what else changed? I'm a bit daft at noticing differences on the forums, sometimes

Also...where has Andy been? Is he still part of the forum admin team? I haven't seen him much lately...

I dont know. Everything seems to be the same.

Administrator

England
    Yeh, the biggest change is the warning system has basically gone. We still use the basics of it to keep notes and stuff so mods can keep track of anything. But for all intents and purposes it's gone.

Also the FAQ has been given a kick to simplify/update it...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    What use is the warning system anyway to somebody who's agenda in life is to be banned permanently? Surely that could be achieved by two or three 'juicy' posts. Not me mind, just saying.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    im still here, ive been busy lately and im letting the mods do their work now, im just gonne do admin jobs and of course answer any questions/problems that arise.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Yeh, the biggest change is the warning system has basically gone. We still use the basics of it to keep notes and stuff so mods can keep track of anything. But for all intents and purposes it's gone.

Also the FAQ has been given a kick to simplify/update it...
    hey cool i didnt notcie, that one little square was the bane of my life , not really, but it bugged me.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    hey cool i didnt notcie, that one little square was the bane of my life , not really, but it bugged me.
    Well, a number of people mentioned this... So I guess we took it onboard and changed the way we work a bit...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    There's still a "view warnings" link at the top of the main forum page but it leads to a restricted point.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    What use is the warning system anyway to somebody who's agenda in life is to be banned permanently? Surely that could be achieved by two or three 'juicy' posts. Not me mind, just saying.
    Good point. Funny

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by chal View Post
    There's still a "view warnings" link at the top of the main forum page but it leads to a restricted point.
    Not anymore there isnt

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by chal View Post
    DOH! Cheers Andy...
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    I also see that the spamming 'law' has been changed also.

Trolling: A troll is often someone who comes to an established community to specifically post inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages with the intention of antagonising forum members. Another example of trolling behaviour is ‘hit & run’ copy & paste posts. When a troll is identified they will be contacted to desist, if they refuse and persist threads will be closed/posts deleted and they will most likely be banned.

Does this include you know who?
    Last edited by capncnut; 30-Nov-2006 at 05:40 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    *high fives cap'n...again*, you got him man!

capncnut
    *capn wipes chocolate covered pretzel smudge from hands"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I also see that the spamming 'law' has been changed also.

Trolling: A troll is often someone who comes to an established community to specifically post inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages with the intention of antagonising forum members. Another example of trolling behaviour is ‘hit & run’ copy & paste posts. When a troll is identified they will be contacted to desist, if they refuse and persist threads will be closed/posts deleted and they will most likely be banned.

Does this include you know who?
    Well done. Well played.