Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Ben was white

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alive Man View Post
    Usually, white people hates black people (Ben, Peter, Big Daddy) because black people are way cooler than how white people can only dream to become.

That's why GAR's saga is truly the greatest one. It dares to show how much black people are cool despite it's HEAVILY unpopular to show that in racist countries like America, Italy and... the list sadly goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Are you for real?
    Is it me...or, is this the second or third thread where Alive Man has posted something in the vein of 'black guys are sooooo much cooler than white guys'?

I'll bet this guy wears sagging pants, cocks his lid to the side and listens to rap & hip-hop the way I breathe oxygen

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by otisbenny View Post
    Since I'm new I'm not sure if this has been asked before. I wonder if Harry would have been as hateful toward Ben if Ben was a white guy. It seems that his reaction to Ben's authority is beyond any normal reaction. Any suggestion Ben gives is dismissed as crazy. Now I know Harry was ultimately right to want to stay in the basement, but Ben's ideas were valid as well. I think if Ben were a white guy, Harry would've been more open and possibly even accepted him as the guy in charge. What do y'all think?
    I think the role of Ben was written to be aracial to begin, or it was written for a white man. There is no indication of race based tension at all.

Undisclosed

Wink well...

end of the world? white women? i think its safe to say ben was not your average blackman or he would be more concerned with gettin' his jimmy waxed!
    Last edited by DEAD BEAT; 27-Nov-2006 at 03:26 PM.

Banned User

United States
    Usually, white people hates black people (Ben, Peter, Big Daddy) because black people are way cooler than how white people can only dream to become.
    Whites hate blacks because of their coolness? That is insaine. LOL.
    Last edited by HLS; 27-Nov-2006 at 03:53 PM.

United States
    Ben was written as a trucker dirver, presumably white. GAR and Duane Jones themselves said they added no subtext or changed anything because he was black. They discussed and it resisted the urge to address it.
    Any subtext is in the eye of the beholder.
    If Ben was White it would be the same, though probably an inferior actor.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    By the way, this is the SECOND thread I rant about black people's coolness... and yes, I'm white. Anyway, I hate hip hop, being a Duran Duran fan. (someone could argue that DD soldiered as "official member" a black drummer in 1990, Sterling Campbell, but his tenure was very short and lasted one year).

Just joking, I became fond of the black people when I discovered GAR movies. Is it a crime to make jokes out of it? LOL!
    Last edited by The Alive Man; 27-Nov-2006 at 05:03 PM.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Banned User

United States
    By the way, this is the SECOND thread... anyway, I hate hip hop, I'm a Billy Idol/Duran Duran fan.
    I am somewhat of a retro girl myself. Duran Duran, Devo, Talking Heads....etc...

United States
    By the way, this is the SECOND thread I rant about black people's coolness... and yes, I'm white. Anyway, I hate hip hop, being a Duran Duran fan. (someone could argue that DD soldiered as "official member" a black drummer in 1990, Sterling Campbell, but his tenure was very short and lasted one year).

Just joking, I became fond of the black people when I discovered GAR movies. Is it a crime to make jokes out of it? LOL!
    You/re like 5 minutes from Africa. You never knoew any black people?

I do not understand the attraction to Duran Duran. Back in the day the videos were cool, because they were superior to the others. I never knew there were so many hardcore Duran Duran fans. But I didnt know here wre hardcore GAR fans either. To each his own, people,dont get my taste often either.

Jocko Homo! I think the Devo Corporate Anthem is hilarious.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

England
    I'd prefer the roof myself. Hope it's not raining. Just had a thunderstorm over here, hail and all.
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"