View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • GAR's movies take place in the same universe, and the same timeline

16 43.24%
  • GAR's movies take place in the same universe, but different timelines

16 43.24%
  • GAR's movie take place in the same timeline, but different universes (Is this even possible?)

2 5.41%
  • GAR's movies take place in different universes and different timelines

1 2.70%
  • There is a multi-dimensional thing going on (The Alive Man, vote here!)

2 5.41%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: GAR Dead Films - Universe and Timeline

United States
    It's not supposed to take place 20-30 years after dawn, more like 2 and a half years...

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Maitreya View Post
    It's not supposed to take place 20-30 years after dawn, more like 2 and a half years...
    Well, I guess if that's how you want to view it I'm fine with that. But I don't think it's "supposed" to, no.

United States
    I apologize for not responding sooner, I did not notice that you had replied to my last post.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I don't know what's more sad. The fact that you continue the debate or the fact that you're doing it as if you're a 5 year old kid who just browned his pants.

Nice going. Peace out.
    I notice that in my absense, you have continued the debate with Maitreya, who disagrees with you. Is that sad? Also, is it your assertion that 5 year olds that "brown their pants" make comments like
    Hey, congratulations, it takes a big man to admit when he was wrong!
    You must know smarter 5 year olds than I have ever met! I would directly challenge your statement about 5 years olds, but I know where that conversation would lead. No matter what I said, you would say it was "obivous" that 5 year old that "brown their pants" would respond as I did, and if I made too many valid points to the contrary, you would call my arguments "irrelevant". Therefore, I will simply say that if you have a different comment to make, I will respond to that.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I say this....

I have watched this thread pop up every time I click on "New Posts" and its always you two. Let it go, man.....

People are always going to have a difference of opinion. Accept it and move on. Yes, the timeline may mean something to you both, but at this point, you're not going to change the other's opinion.

I have watched this thread go on for about 2 months (with basically just you two) and I would say that it's about time to call it quits.

For the most part....you both make valid points. But just let it go, man. Everyone has a different opinion. Take what the other says and try to see it from their angle. If you can't....smile and move on.

In the end, you(along with the rest of us) have something in common. The love of Romero films(if not zombie films in general).

There's no point in draggin this on, guys. Let it go and remember that you're both brothers in the Romero universe.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    People are always going to have a difference of opinion. Accept it and move on. Yes, the timeline may mean something to you both, but at this point, you're not going to change the other's opinion.
    Oh, I have accepted it. If you have been reading the posts, I am not so much challenging his belief that GARs dead movies exist in separate timelines anymore as much as I am challenging his supporting arguments. When he makes a statement such as "GAR says in the Land commentary that the films ARENT CONNECTED IN ANY WAY!" and then I listen to the commentary and not only does GAR not say that, but mentions several things about purposefully making the opening in black and white to suggest it takes place in the past, how he wanted to use original footage from the other 3 films but couldnt, the old Zenith radio was a reference to the radio used in the farmhouse in Night, and I mention that, and the reply is "well he has said both so the argument is moot", that type of argument should not go unchallenged, in my opinion.
    I have watched this thread go on for about 2 months (with basically just you two) and I would say that it's about time to call it quits.
    Hopefully you have been entertained! Why quit? Apparently we both have enough spare time on our hands to continue.
    For the most part....you both make valid points. But just let it go, man. Everyone has a different opinion. Take what the other says and try to see it from their angle. If you can't....smile and move on.
    Oh, I always smile when reading his posts!
    In the end, you(along with the rest of us) have something in common. The love of Romero films(if not zombie films in general).
    That is certainly true.
    There's no point in draggin this on, guys. Let it go and remember that you're both brothers in the Romero universe.
    Am I my brother's keeper? Yes I am. - Nino Brown, New Jack City

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    I guess my sarcasm in the previous post has finally made you admit defeat. Hey, congratulations, it takes a big man to admit when he was wrong!
    Yes. Philly. This is the kind of stuff a 5-year old would say. I rest my ****ing case, man! I remember, back in grade school, when frustrated in arguments I just used to say "Oh so you admit defeat by saying that? Oh well, I won, lalalalalal"

As for Maitreya. He brought up a point he admitted he didn't know wether it had been brought up before. And it had. Lots and lots of times. Even if he brought up a point to support MY argument, I'd point out that "no, it doesn't really prove anything", if it was of similar stature.

Personal insults ensue!

United States
    Yes. Philly. This is the kind of stuff a 5-year old would say. I rest my ****ing case, man!
    What age bracket would you attribute a comment like "I rest my ****ing case, man!" to?

capncnut
    What age would you attribute to someone who felt the need to point out something unimportant like that. Methinks someone's trying to get the last word in here. Let this damn thing go, it's been beaten to death already!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think i said that on like page 7 of this thread or something.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    What age bracket would you attribute a comment like "I rest my ****ing case, man!" to?
    Lawyers usually use that phrase, so I guess... 35+?

Anyways, Philly you can have the last word. Post next time and make A) some smartass remark about how childish I am and how superior you are or B) a simpel statement to state your views. Or C) a combination.

Who wants a beer?

capncnut
    Who wants a beer?
    Yeah, why not. I could go for one right about now.