Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadscapes II has begun production ...

capncnut
    You lucky dawg.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    You lucky dawg.
    What is a "dawg"? Always wondered.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    I ordered the DVD.

My damn computer is too old for VCDs. Besides, I always say: support your local zombie film maker/fiction writer/whatever!

Cheers, Sir Evil. I can't wait to watch! If this had been posted in the other areas, I might have ordered it sooner...I never visit this forum...
    Sweet, thanks.

VCDs should play in your DVD player though ... I've only encountered a few incompatible players.

As for posting sooner ... I'm not as brazen 'round here as I used to be. I'm sure if I posted in more than one forum, I'd be given a citation from the law enforcement here . Anyway, enjoy (hopefully) and let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I just got the VCD in the mail this morning, will check it out over lunch methinks, I'm looking forward to seeing it - and indeed, like deadpunk says - support your fellow talent, and indeed I will once the season of "ah sh*t I'm spending too much!" has subsided and I get a few quid in me coffers from a bit of work in the new year (hopefully anyway! ) then I'll order up me a copy of the DVD right nice.
    Wow. I'm still astounded by how fast regular mail travels overseas. Glad to hear it made it safely. Let me know what you think.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereval View Post
    Sweet, thanks.

VCDs should play in your DVD player though ... I've only encountered a few incompatible players.

As for posting sooner ... I'm not as brazen 'round here as I used to be. I'm sure if I posted in more than one forum, I'd be given a citation from the law enforcement here . Anyway, enjoy (hopefully) and let me know what you think.
    Bah...I would have ordered the DVD even if I had known that, anyway. Like I said; I can't wait to see it, but it's mainly about showing support for the project.

You'll get my posted review the moment I've seen it.

Do you reccommend imported or local beer for viewing with Deadscapes?

capncnut
    Got mine in the mail today, cheers man. Expect a review later tonight.

Super Moderator

UK
    You being a combination of the two makes me extra appreciative of your reaction. Thanks.

Indeed I know exactly what you mean with being spread thin over a whole series of tasks. With the shorts I make it's basically me doing everything except acting. My very cool mates who come through for me everytime I wanna make a film help out in others way too, lug stuff around or help splash some fake blood about or apply some make-up now and then or come up with good suggestions. Other things like noticing I've gone and left a back pack filled with towels, water, fake blood and scripts in-shot is really useful - being spread thin thinking of a bunch of things you end up missing little things like that - the tricky nature of being a one-task-at-a-time-male.

Aye, from the BTS stuff it looks like you had many a hassle with the lighting, damn that generator was loud! Like you said - Deadscapes sits very well amongst its indie peers. Reviewers who expect an indie to have Bruckheimer production values are numpties and need a slap, the great thing about indie is it's a bunch of people out there for free just having fun and getting together to make a flick - very evident from the gag reel.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    sounds good ,i may have to add this to my collection right next to deadlands....

Banned User

United States
    yay!

I am getting the vcd!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereval View Post
    I'd never heard of Howard Nowarth previously. I looked him up on IMDB and saw he has quite a track record. Although his credits are primarily sound FX? Is there a particular score he did that you're referring to?
    Well I liked the way the music did some of the talking in Deadscapes, especially in the scene where the RV guy is smoking on the roof at the beginning. To have an extended piece playing over a scene can work quite well and I feel it did in this case. One soundtrack in particular came to mind, was the one John carpenter and Alan Howarth did for Halloween III.

Here's an example.
    http://www.last.fm/music/John%2BCarp...h/_/Main+Title
    Last edited by capncnut; 06-Dec-2006 at 11:22 PM.

ViP

Undisclosed
    Well I liked the way the music did some of the talking in Deadscapes, especially in the scene where the RV guy is smoking on the roof at the beginning. To have an extended piece playing over a scene can work quite well and I feel it did in this case. One soundtrack in particular came to mind, was the one John carpenter and Alan Howarth did for Halloween III.

Here's an example.
    http://www.last.fm/music/John%2BCarp...h/_/Main+Title
    I hear what you mean. I've had Carpenter mentioned to me a few times in regards to the score - he was a big influence in addition to John Harrison's Day of the Dead soundtrack. You can especially hear my Day of the Dead homage in the main theme track.

capncnut
    That was the tune I was was thinking of actually. It's strange that a lot of zombie soundtracks (including Romero's) have the 'heartbeat' bass drum when it's the brain that activates the creatures.

By the way, that tune kicks ass!

Super Moderator

UK
    Ahhh ... so my ears weren't deceiving me, I thought there was a bit of a Day of the Dead vibe in there, noiiice.

ViP

Undisclosed
    That was the tune I was was thinking of actually. It's strange that a lot of zombie soundtracks (including Romero's) have the 'heartbeat' bass drum when it's the brain that activates the creatures.

By the way, that tune kicks ass!
    Actually, if you read the liner notes for the soundtrack to NOTLD 1990, the composer mentions the necessity of a heartbeat in any score for such a film - I think that kind of stuck with me.

BTW, thanks for the props!