Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More trouble for Sony?....

Super Moderator

UK
    And if Sega wanted back in, I'd whole-heartedly support that move. They were prematurely bumped off the playing field by $ony. I actually plugged my Mega Drive 2 back into my TV again and have been playing it now and then, fun times - ah the memories coming back.

Bring back Sega with a real console, equal to or greater than the awesomeness of the Mega Drive 2!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And if Sega wanted back in, I'd whole-heartedly support that move. They were prematurely bumped off the playing field by $ony. I actually plugged my Mega Drive 2 back into my TV again and have been playing it now and then, fun times - ah the memories coming back.

Bring back Sega with a real console, equal to or greater than the awesomeness of the Mega Drive 2!
    *wipes tear rolling down cheek*

Undisclosed
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162560.html

I'm fully aware of the high price of the PS3, but this guy claims it is doomed to fail like Sega. If the PS3 launch is a failure, then why is the PS3 sold out every where? Btw, has anyone seen the Fall of Man commericals? Damn, I want to play that game so bad. If I get a job with either an oil company or with the federal agency I will definately buy a HD tv and a PS3.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162560.html

I'm fully aware of the high price of the PS3, but this guy claims it is doomed to fail like Sega. If the PS3 launch is a failure, then why is the PS3 sold out every where? Btw, has anyone seen the Fall of Man commericals? Damn, I want to play that game so bad. If I get a job with either an oil company or with the federal agency I will definately buy a HD tv and a PS3.

Lol....well if you looked in the thread the story you linked has already been linked...

And Fall of Man didnt get "amazing" reviews.... "Derivative visual style and gameplay is well crafted but mostly unoriginal; the campaign's story and characters aren't well developed; two-player cooperative mode isn't available online. "....All in all 8.6....

and In reguards to PS3 being sold out everywhere... They hardly released any consoles at launch... The sales numbers reflect sales in USA/South America/Canada/Japan/And some other places in asia.... To show you a comparision Nintendos launch sales just reflect North American sales....
    So Sony had such a good reputation from last year they couldve pulled off these sales selling a toaster as the PS3....
    (See my signature...not always accurate but is updated regularly to prevent errors)

So is Sonys launch a failure?....Its getting pretty close to being a horrible launch.... The highest rated game they have at launch is Fall of Man at 8.6... In comparision Xbox 360's Gears of War was rated 9.6 and was much much prettier(They also have Rainbow Six Vegas 9.1)....The rest of the higher rated games they have are multi platform games that Xbox 360 has too...Not only that but the Xbox 360 versions of the games got slightly higher ratings because they had better graphics than the PS3 ....!! So if you average the PS3's exclusive games playstations lineup rates at about a 5.5-6.0...

So now a ton of analysts are predicting doom for the PS3 for several key reasons....

1)The Blueray disk Inclusion in the PS3 delays the production of PS3's... It may be hard to find a PS3 even halfway into next year maybe even longer... While Xbox 360 had bad launch issues they did not have competition... SO the Blueray both jacks up the cost of the console and prevents large numbers from being made.... Sony also loses a lot of money on every console sold...

2) Reshuffling of upper management... The man mostly responcible for the PS, PS2, and PS3 stepped down as president... People suspect this was done because Kutaragi was the one who really pushed for the inclusion of Blueray disk players...(http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=150186 )

3) Horrible Launch. Games/Console #s

4) The realization that even with all Sony's bragging of higher specs in their PS3 That it turns out that the Xbox 360 is both easier to develope for and capable of equal to better graphics.... (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=758390)

5) The Continuous loss of exclusive developers because of the difficulty and price in programming for Playstations inferior chip...Also the shortages in PS3's is making some reluctant to produce games that at the moment have a very limited audience... They lost Grand Theft Auto... And there are growing rumours about Metal Gear either being multiplatform or coming to Xbox sooner than the usual 9months...

6) Steep price for Console

The PS3 will probally continue to sell....but anyone doing any research should be very reluctant to buy it...

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Undisclosed
    Ah crap, my bad. I had too much of the good stuff earlier and didn't bother to read the link. Regardless of the reviews and what other people think, I still want to play Fall of Man.