Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Homepage of the Dead visits the set of 'Diary of the Dead'

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Yeah you are right - I guess every Zombie movie in a sense in a rip-off of Romero.

How many had camcorders filming the zombies in again?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkid View Post
    Yeah you are right - I guess every Zombie movie in a sense in a rip-off of Romero.

How many had camcorders filming the zombies in again?
    Didn't say you didn't have the idea first, just that it is unlikely that he ripped you off.
    Though I would be pissed if that happened to me, to be fair. And I would question it too.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Yeah I think it's good to question it. If I'm to be perfectly honest I don; think he copied THE ZOMBIE DIARIES - he's a busy man with too much going on to worry about little indie flicks in other countries.

My beef is with the reporter - wish he could have at least mentioned it.

Anyway, whatever happens, hopefully both films will do well.

United States
    If I was a reporter on the set of DIARY OF THE DEAD, the first thing I'd be asking is "So, what do you think of the fact THE ZOMBIE DIARIES was finished before you announced your idea? Coincidence? Have you heard of it?"

Given the recent article on ABC: abc.net.au/news/arts/articulate/200611/s1795742.htm it would have been a very good question to ask, even if it were just to production staff.

You missed a great opportunity! I would love to know the answer to that question, as do the folks at JoBlo, Dread Central, Eat my brains, etc

Wasted opportunity, man!

Well if I were allowed to interview George maybe I could have asked that question. I think I would have asked it in a more respectful way though. However, I interviewed the people that I was allowed to. You sound like a plant from that production.
    Also, if you went on set and started acting confrontational you would have been asked to leave.

capncnut
    If I was a reporter on the set of DIARY OF THE DEAD, the first thing I'd be asking is "So, what do you think of the fact THE ZOMBIE DIARIES was finished before you announced your idea? Coincidence? Have you heard of it?"
    If I was a reporter on the set of THE ZOMBIE DIARIES, the first thing I'd be asking is "So guys, what GAR film was the inspiration for this movie?"

Administrator

England
    They're only similar in name surely? Content/story sounds very different?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, it's not uncommon for two directors in two countries to get the same-ish idea at the same time.

Neil Marshall did "The Descent" and was completely unaware that someone in America was making "The Cave", and they both have spelunkers fighting monsters underground. (Although I'll stand by Marshall's flick as it rocks).

People getting similar ideas at the same time, without any knowledge of the other similar idea, is pretty common. Somehow I doubt GAR is an internet junkie...

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed

Lee looks like...

Tom Savini.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    My beef is with the reporter - wish he could have at least mentioned it.
    Anyway, whatever happens, hopefully both films will do well.

For the record, I've never heard of "The Zombie Diaries".
    Alex Kavanagh, Costume Designer "Diary of the Dead" and "Land of the Dead"

And thanks for your kind words Lee!! Well done article.
    Last edited by offwithherhead; 08-Feb-2007 at 03:50 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by offwithherhead View Post

Hi Alex! I'm glad you got the chance to read the report. And thank you for your kind words as well. Hope all is well on your end!

Lee

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Well there's an actor's strike going on up here, which is making things pretty quiet, too quiet as they say. It'll blow over soon I hope.
    We just did a day of insert shots last week for DOTD, George is really happy with everything so far. It was great seeing everyone. There is a slight chance we could shoot some additional scenes. That would be fun!
    Alex

Administrator

England
    There is a slight chance we could shoot some additional scenes. That would be fun!
    Alex
    Keep us posted please
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Sweet! I certainly look forward to seeing Diary, I've been intrigued from the beginning, was a little bit "hmmm..." at first, but as more info has been coming out I've been going "ahhhh " a lot...

...said simply, I'm looking forward to checking it out.

capncnut
    Yeah man, keep that information a-flyin'.

United States

Nice of you to visit us...we are all patiently waiting for GAR's film to be in the theater!!! I for one can not wait for it to come out! I have been a fan since 1968 when NOTLD first came out I actually got to see it at the drive In! It scared the begeebers out of me and ever since its been my favorite movie since! Anyway, Good luck with the filming!!!