Thread: Wow Wii Launch in Japan....

Undisclosed

Wow Wii Launch in Japan....

Expect Wii's system wars numbers to start increasing dramatically...!!

Once the morning trains started running, more and more people began to line up. By 5:40 a.m., store employees capped the line at around 1,500 people.
    As was the case with the PlayStation 3 launch, customers that tried to get in the Yodobashi Camera's line after 6 or 7 a.m. were turned away
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162631...stnews;title;0

Tizight!

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    If the DS is any indication, Nintendo is going to rule Japan.

capncnut
    Great news! I'm truly happy for Nintendo, it's about time they got all the luck for a change. December 8th and I'll playing one too!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Great news! I'm truly happy for Nintendo, it's about time they got all the luck for a change. December 8th and I'll playing one too!
    Did you order a package deal from Ebgames or something?

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Did you order a package deal from Ebgames or something?
    No, I ordered from a Virgin Megastore in London. At first they promised it sooner but some dude made a mistake with the release date. I have since been told it will be with me by December 8th. YAY!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    damn straight after the poor cube sales i did have a feeling they could be going the way of sega, thank god i was wrong heres hoping sony gets royally boned and we doo see a wii360 or something in the future, that'd be the best of both worlds i reckon.

i aint getting one cus i gave my money to my mom becuase we had debt collectors coming becuase of something my dad, who i havent seen nor heard of in 15 years was racking up debts in her name , i still have my bank ook money so one weeks ema means ill have enough again for a consoel and wii sports but im just gonna wait a little, cus hey family comes first right?.

on the note of launch day im going with a freind to the local gamestore near my college ,there opening at 11:30pm and there gonna be giving away free wii games to every somethin'th customer and other free swag too.

lucky barstards

United States
    already got a 360 and ps2, and im to lazy to move the controllers around so much. is it worth it?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hey if the fat guys at gamepost can play it without needing a mars bar break im sure anyone can handle it

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    already got a 360 and ps2, and im to lazy to move the controllers around so much. is it worth it?
    Yes. It is worth it. It is great fun. Get one and enjoy games the way they were meant to be enjoyed.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post

Yeah with the exception of "party games" every other game can be played as lazily as any other control scheme....

"party games" being Wii sports....Monkey Ball...Rayman....Wario Ware.... and even those can be played down.....

It all just depends on how much you want to exagerate your movements and to what sensitivity you set the sensors too...

I mean Zelda can be played laying down in a bed....It just doesnt feel as cool

Undisclosed

Wii to be released in Australia tonight...

I cant find any information on how many units Australia gets on launch... but its reported that "30,000 pre-orders have been made through most of all Australian retailers".

Wii Midnight Launches

With only days to go till the launch of Nintendo's groundbreaking new home console, Wii, Australian retail feedback suggests that Wii is heading towards being the biggest launch of any new video games system in our history.

Retailers around the country are preparing for midnight launches, to help make Wii units widely available to consumers as soon as possible.

To guarantee your purchase of a Wii unit it is recomended that you pre-order at your favourite retailer before launch, as it is expected stock will sell out fast, with pre-orders already running out.

Following are the stores that have announced they are opening on December 6 for a Midnight launch. Join us in the Wii Midnight Parties!
    http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendo/news/index.php