Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itchy Fingered Deputies

Undisclosed

Itchy Fingered Deputies

Dang the Police are so trigger happy when serving warrants....

Police kill suspected PS3 thief
    North Carolina man fatally shot by sheriff's deputies serving a warrant in case of two stolen game systems.

The police went to Strickland's apartment on Friday evening intending to serve a search warrant and arrest him. One of Strickland's three roommates, Mike Rhoton, told the Star-News that the student was killed while walking to answer a knock at the door. The roomate also claimed that Strickland was unarmed, and that he could see no reason why the police opened fire. Strickland's German shepherd was also shot and killed by a deputy. The sheriff's deputies had been called in to help the University police serve the warrants because of safety concerns.
    Sad thing is if the University police served the warrants alone the Dog and the Student wouldnt be dead.... The student would be in prison and the Dog would be chilling with the roommate...

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    makes me thankful the worst they could have done over here is break your jaw or a rib with a night stick.

can you imagine a world were guns were never invented *picks nose* man, that'd be wierd.

Undisclosed
    The reason why they took extreme measures, because it was an armed robbery.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    If the roommates story has any validity I can imagine a senario where they bust down the door and the suspect was in transit to the door and the police were just a little too surprised to see someone on directly on the other side of the door...since weapons were already drawn......

If it was any of the roommates or any random houseguest heading to the door to open it they likely wouldve been shot in his place...

The dog got killed probally because it was barking and scared at the intruders...since it was a big dog it was shot too .... even if it wasnt acting aggressively...wheres Cesear Milan when you need him...

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yup....sucks for that dude/dog.

The cops probably just said "Sprinkle some crack on em and let's get outta here"....

Dead

Undisclosed
    that was actually right near where I live, not even a mile off of campus.

Undisclosed

Update:Fri Dec 8, 9:19 PM ET

Heres an Update on the story...
    one of the Deputees has been fired....
    the autopsy of the kid suggests that he was shot THROUGH the door....

damn .... I imagine his dog was shot after the door was kicked in or whatever...

WILMINGTON, N.C. - A sheriff's deputy was fired Friday following the fatal shooting of a teen suspected of stealing two Sony PlayStation 3 video game consoles, the sheriff said.

Cpl. Christopher Long, 34, was among several deputies placed on administrative leave this week, but the sheriff would not say why Long was fired.

Peyton Strickland, 18, was killed when deputies served a search warrant Dec. 1 at a house he rented in Wilmington.

An autopsy suggested Strickland, a Cape Fear Community College student, may have been shot through the front door.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061209/...tation_theft_1

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    makes me thankful the worst they could have done over here is break your jaw or a rib with a night stick.

can you imagine a world were guns were never invented *picks nose* man, that'd be wierd.
    Can you imagine a country whose citizens will never be able to defend themselves ?

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post

damn .... I imagine his dog was shot after the door was kicked in or whatever...

He was shot through the door, and from what I've heard the dog was on the front porch.

Undisclosed
    I imagine the deputie that was fired was the one that shot through the door... (he might get charged with second degree murder but will probally plea out to some much lesser charge)

I havent heard any other sources mentioning how the dog got shot other than what zombie04 just said....

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Shot THROUGH the door? What the ****?!

Unless that dog physically attacked an office it should still be alive, too.

Lord Howe Island

yup...

Break the law and you shall pay the price....

remember, "The Righteous Have Nothing To Fear".....

War to the knife...the knife to the hilt.
    The end is f*cking nigh!!!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by tju1973 View Post
    Break the law and you shall pay the price....

remember, "The Righteous Have Nothing To Fear".....

Well if you want to get technical they shot and killed an innocent person suspected of being involved in a crime...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Are you saying they were right to take these kind of measures?

If it was any of the roommates or any random houseguest heading to the door to open it they likely wouldve been shot in his place...
    Guess that rings very true now

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Can you imagine a country whose citizens will never be able to defend themselves ?
    If there were no guns they'd just need to turn into Linford from time to time, knives ain't so good for throwing.

The Officer who fired the fatal shot should get murder in the 1st degree and spend the rest of his life in a communal cell. If it were a person firing through a door and killing an officer it would be death row.

The police need to learn they answer to the public they serve. No one else. If they kill an innocent or someone who has shown no reason for them to think otherwise, they PAY.

Lord Howe Island

technically...

Well if you want to get technical they shot and killed an innocent person suspected of being involved in a crime...
    We are all guilty of something.... maybe not worth getting shot over, but I bet these punks had it coming.

Oh, and yes, I am going to Hell too...

War to the knife...the knife to the hilt.
    The end is f*cking nigh!!!