Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hiroshima

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Grave of the Fireflies is an awsome movie....horribly sad...

All stuff before nukeage.... really awsome movie...
    it was sad, but the same level of sad as optimus prime dying in the transformers movie, now the end to the anime film metroplois, that was a tear jerker if ever i saw one.

Canada
    Wheres the cute anime movie about this

Its pretty sad too. They killed as many people as the bomb. it was only really different in the use of swords, forced incest, rape, and all those old people and babies chopped up with swords.

Granted it wasnt the civilian populations fault, but the japanese regime had to go, by whatever means possible.

I guess what bugs me is the modern japanese denial that any of these atrocities had been committed. I just dont want to hear you whine about your poor civilians when your government was putting babies to the sword. It just makes me not want to be an apologist.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    The source was Robert McNamara speaking regarding a meeting they had many years later (1991 I think) and the source was directly from the Cat's mouth; Castro himself.
    I apologize; I meant Errol Morris. Why I said Alex jones is a mystery (My brain lately ).
    Thanks for the Castro bit. I am a student of Vietnam era conflict history (1954-1974) and I will dfeinately look into that.also thanks for the correct name. I was looking at prison planet and going Huh?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    On Vietnam
    I think you may be missing my point. What you have stated is more or less correct (If not a bit flamboyant) in the eyes of the West. In the eyes of North Vietnam, that couldn't be farther from the truth.
    N Vietnam could have given a rats ass about our reasons for war. They simply wanted their independence. We could sing and dance all day long about why we were fighting the war. That was my point; understanding the enemy. We had no idea why North Vietnam was fighting other than what we perceived as a threat and what we assumed an extension of the U.S.S.R.

It wasn't an extension; it was our own paranoia
    I got your point , I was just expanding on the detail a little bit. N Vietnam fought for freedom for Imperialist exploitation (which they not only always did, but always WON), The US fought for nebulous reasons that didnt actually exist. Pretty much the same thing you just said.
    I think it was MacNamara who said, in refernece to the war, that "revolutions never work" What a dumass considering the American revolution stemming from the French revolution.
    It was veiwed as a war to stop Monolithic Communism which never existed and the was was an extension of that ideological fantasy. BAsically they created an ideology and forced the world into that box, which is happening today.

If some of these facts occasionally get a little vague its because the bulk of my research was done in college 20 years and 20,000 doobies ago

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    it was sad, but the same level of sad as optimus prime dying in the transformers movie, now the end to the anime film metroplois, that was a tear jerker if ever i saw one.
    How is something based on REALITY the same in any respect to f**king transformers?!?!?
    Starving Children dying of Malnuttrition=horrible
    Transformers=Toys.
    No offense, you need to put down the gameboy and go outside.

Theres a manga called Barefoot Gen that is about the authors experiences in the bombing of Hiroshima, including the tiome before the bombing. Its extremely hardcore. It tells about his father (who died in the blast) resistance to the militarism and how he repeatedly got drageed into the police station to get a severe asskicking and the subsequent shunning and abuse from many nationalist town people. The parts witht the struggle to survive, the rivers choked with burnt bodies are unbelievable. Hard to believe a comic could be so tragic, but it is.
    Last edited by coma; 08-Dec-2006 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    ............. and 20,000 doobies ago

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    >I think it was MacNamara who said, in refernece to the war, that "revolutions never work" What a dumass considering the American revolution stemming from the French revolution.<

Other way 'round, the American revolution came first.

M_

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    >I think it was MacNamara who said, in refernece to the war, that "revolutions never work" What a dumass considering the American revolution stemming from the French revolution.<

Other way 'round, the American revolution came first.

M_
    Whoops. Thining of something else.
    Im gonna quit while Im ahead

Okay to ammend "what a dumass considering the American revolution, creating the Govt he was working for"
    Better?
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers