View Poll Results: Who is the best dead series actor and why?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Duane Jones

6 22.22%
  • Ken Forhee

13 48.15%
  • Joe Pilato

7 25.93%
  • Simon Baker

1 3.70%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll: Who Do you feel is the best dead series actor? and why?

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I'll go movie by movie...

NOTLD- I think it's clear that Duane Jones is the obvious choice for best actor. Harry Cooper was a little out there, Tom was my next favorite as far as characters go, I really liked the relationship portrayed between him and Judy. But I'd have to go with Ben.

Dawn of the Dead- Actually, I wouldnt' pick Ken Foree, not taking anything away from his great performance, but I think Scott was better overall. There are some lines where Peter over-emphasizes just a tad-bit and takes away from his character. Roger had strong performances all throughout the movie, especially in the complex in the beginning, and dealing with his death.

Day of the Dead- It would be a toss up for me between Liberty, Pilato, and Alexander. Liberty really does give off a vibe as if he is a real mad scientist who believes he's doing things for the greater good although they are very wrong (yet who's to say what's right and wrong in a zombie crisis?). Pilato although doing a very good job seemed to give it too much, I actually believe Gary Klarr was a more believable character, and much more playful. Alexander the philosopher really gave me a great feeling for his character (thus the title). I feel he fit the whole movie, and the score complimented his character very well (some of the background music and the end credits, when I think of that, I think Terry/John). I like his simplistic philosophy, it makes it seem as if things were that easy, although we know they're not.

Land- I'm a big fan of John Leguizamo, and have been since he starred in Carlito's Way back in the early 1990's. It would be hard for me to rate his performance in that above anyone else, but I suppose Simon Baker did put on a better performance in the movie.

NOTLD 90- I actually like Harry's character the best, he is really believable in his situation, acting as a tyranical family leader, yet deep down he cares about his daughter more than anything, willing to sacrifice his life, Ben's life, and even Patty/Barbara's life.

Dawn 04 (dare i say?)- I know this movie isn't looked upon to greatly by fans, but I think Ving Rhames had a stellar performance. I also though Andy was a kind of cool character, but other than that, the rest of the characters are somewhat...I guess, Flat?

OVERALL? I'd narrow it down to Scotty and Terry, and well, I can't go against Terry Alexander.

United States
    You'd have a hard time finding another guy to play Rhodes the way that Joe Pilato did. Same with Ken Foree playing Peter. Many of the other characters in the four movies, to be quite honest, could have been convincingly played by other actors.