Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadscapes Forum @ HPOTD

ViP

Undisclosed

Thumbs up Deadscapes Forum @ HPOTD

I just wanted to publicly thank Neil for hosting this forum for Deadscapes. My tenure at HPOTD kind of waned over the past year, but I still view my ties to this site in consideration for the almost half-decade I've been around here. I look forward to sharing thoughts and general banter with everyone concerning my little project. I'll be posting pics, clips and breaking news right here in addition to Precious Nightmare and the official Deadscapes site. So from one zombie fan to all the others, welcome to the forum and feel free to post thoughts, reviews, and other such things here.

Kristofer Velasquez
    AKA Cereval
    Deadscapes Director

Super Moderator

UK
    Kickass man.

Administrator

England
    My pleasure...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Say ... can i get a ... Who0ot Who0ot!?!

United States

Are you...

going to use any of the footage you shot from CTD in your new film? Maybe some panoramic shots of the zombs on the march? Could be some good stuff in there... and some of us still want to see what you've done with CTD, finished or not.

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrtr View Post
    going to use any of the footage you shot from CTD in your new film? Maybe some panoramic shots of the zombs on the march? Could be some good stuff in there... and some of us still want to see what you've done with CTD, finished or not.
    Well, the powers that be (more like "wish they were") would discourage such a thing. As an unfortunate turn of events proved in back in September, there are still a lot of open wounds concerning CTD. In hobbyist form and for editing practicum, I edited together about 20 minutes of footage from CTD back in the Fall (3 scenes). I haphazardly put the clips online in my YouTube account (which bears my production company logo). When a few of the formers from CTD discovered this, the initial impression was that I was going it alone and continuing the project - without giving credit, without consultation, and under my production company. Of course, this was not my intention. I can't say this response wasn't warranted, but the exchange that followed became was (to put it lightly) disgusting. In the end, I decided to seal the CTD coffin for good.

So, short story long, although I'd love to use some of the great footage acquired from that project, it's not going to happen. And the finished scenes will ne'er see the light of day. Unless you come over to my house. Then I'll gladly screen it for you. Maybe.

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn that sucks to hear what happened. Geez, some people need to take a chill pill, just putting up a couple of scenes for the fans to have a look-see, since when was that a crime against mankind?

And CTD was looking sh*t-hot too...is CTD the filmmaker forum's own original Day script? ... The link is incredibly tenuous, but you know what I mean...a damn shame, was lookin' rather rockin' - but screw it - roll on Deadscapes 2, show them who's boss!

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Damn that sucks to hear what happened. Geez, some people need to take a chill pill, just putting up a couple of scenes for the fans to have a look-see, since when was that a crime against mankind?

And CTD was looking sh*t-hot too...is CTD the filmmaker forum's own original Day script? ... The link is incredibly tenuous, but you know what I mean...a damn shame, was lookin' rather rockin' - but screw it - roll on Deadscapes 2, show them who's boss!
    It's a sad thing. All bullsh*t aside, a lot of hard work was put into that project. But eventually it became a vicious tug of war. In hindsight, I should've been more assertive. I was a little to eager to share, which ended up blurring the line of ownership. Never again.

Original Day script? I dunno about that. But read for yourself and you decide. I was very proud of what I wrote and what we were doing. If it came to fruition, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't disappoint.

But Circling the Drain is the past, Deadscapes is the now. Sadly I don't have the capital I did for the previous, but as indie always proves, you don't need money to make a good flick.

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, Deadscapes is the now and that's what matters most!

Indeed, it's a shame, but I guess these things happen now and then, and very true, money doesn't mean quality ... just look at Armageddon.

Heck, I've been making shorts on literally f*ck all cash ... and hopefully they're at least passable as decent entertainment ... ... *starts fishing for compliments*

Dead

Undisclosed
    Cereval, I don't want to say that what happened on CTD was for the best because I really really really wanted to see it and it seems you got the sh*t end of a sh*t deal, but I wish you all the best on Deadscapes and all that follows and I look forward to viewing your work soon.

Banned User

United States
    Well I just got threw watching Deadscapes and I must say good job!It was better than I anticipated. I loved the soundtrack which fitted the mood of the movie and the fact that it was filmed in black and white made it all that more special. I am a big fan of the old black and white classics from the 50's+

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    Well I just got threw watching Deadscapes and I must say good job!It was better than I anticipated. I loved the soundtrack which fitted the mood of the movie and the fact that it was filmed in black and white made it all that more special. I am a big fan of the old black and white classics from the 50's+
    Thanks! I'm always glad to un-disappoint!

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereval View Post
    Thanks! I'm always glad to un-disappoint!
    Bwaaaa. That almost confused me. lol

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    Cereval, I don't want to say that what happened on CTD was for the best because I really really really wanted to see it and it seems you got the sh*t end of a sh*t deal, but I wish you all the best on Deadscapes and all that follows and I look forward to viewing your work soon.
    It is what it is (or was what it was). Chalk it up to one hell of a learning experience. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

United States
    I heard Deadscapes was really good! Would it be possible for me to get a copy of your film? I would love to see it!! Thanks!