Thread: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Undisclosed

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

So, by now Zelda is out virtually everywhere (cept here in the UK as the GameCube version isn't out yet?). Who's got it? Whats your opinions, is it worth the wait? I'm getting it for Christmas on the cube and cannot wait.

"I dont know whats better getting laid or getting paid, I just
    know that when I get one the others getting away!"

Undisclosed
    I'm stuck in the village. So, I can't comment on it, yet.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    played my freinds cus he was stuck, very,very easy cant recommend it taht much really, plus the aiming with the wiimote for arrows and stuff is really dodgy, i prefer wind waker myself.

Undisclosed
    Im kindof fustrated with the twilight....Like I dont like how it makes the world hazy like vasoline on the lense or something...(I dont know if component cables help)...so most of the time I run around with Instincts on so the world isnt hazy and I cant see very far ahead of me with instincts turned on....

When the world isnt in twilight everything is pretty...so Im working hard to turn off the twilight in various places in the world....

So ....i like it quite a bit...

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Man....I miss Zelda. I played every game up to "Ocarina of Time"(which totally rocked my f*cking world - beat it about 8 times).

Banned User

United States
    I am obsessed with Zelda. i am buying it as soon as it is on gamecube which should be his weekend i hear.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    played my freinds cus he was stuck, very,very easy cant recommend it taht much really, plus the aiming with the wiimote for arrows and stuff is really dodgy, i prefer wind waker myself.
    That is why am waiting for the GameCube version to be released so the control scheme is the same as wind waker.

bassman - if you liked Ocarina you should get this one too, its the "Spiritual" sequel to Ocarina, in the sense it focuses on an older Link and has a darker storyline. I cant wait to get my hands on it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hows it the "spiritual sequel?", now wind waker was the sequel cus it tells you at the start about ocarina of time and thats why ganon was locked away and you play one of links desendants to finish the job of stopping him, but how does this one fit in to that?

Undisclosed
    What I mean by "Spiritual Sequel" is it has alot of elements in it that made Ocarina successful. I dont mean it actually follows the story (although apparantly it does fall between Ocarina and Wind Waker chronologically), I just mean it follows an older Link and has a darker storyline. Hence why I said "Spiritual Sequel" and not just Sequel.

What version of the game is everyone playing? Doesn't the Wii version have a fairy on screen that is used like a cursor? I've heard that can be quite annoying. Secondly, did you know that the whole game has been flipped 180 degree's for the Wii version? Its so that Link is right handed, as most Wii players will be right handed they wanted it to be more natural. Also, they flipped the whole game as opposed to the Link character so the enemies will also be right handed, so as when they attack Link blocking with his left hand will prevent the blows.
    Last edited by ssbib; 09-Dec-2006 at 01:25 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    What I mean by "Spiritual Sequel" is it has alot of elements in it that made Ocarina successful. I dont mean it actually follows the story (although apparantly it does fall between Ocarina and Wind Waker chronologically), I just mean it follows an older Link and has a darker storyline. Hence why I said "Spiritual Sequel" and not just Sequel.

What version of the game is everyone playing? Doesn't the Wii version have a fairy on screen that is used like a cursor? I've heard that can be quite annoying. Secondly, did you know that the whole game has been flipped 180 degree's for the Wii version? Its so that Link is right handed, as most Wii players will be right handed they wanted it to be more natural. Also, they flipped the whole game as opposed to the Link character so the enemies will also be right handed, so as when they attack Link blocking with his left hand will prevent the blows.
    Im playing with the Wii version....the fairy is on the screen only if your pointing the pointer at the screen.....for nearly 95% of all actions you dont even use the fairy so for like95% of the game the fairy isnt even on screen...

only way I could see it being a probelm or annoying is if someone thought you needed it on screen for some reason...

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Im playing with the Wii version....the fairy is on the screen only if your pointing the pointer at the screen.....for nearly 95% of all actions you dont even use the fairy so for like95% of the game the fairy isnt even on screen...

only way I could see it being a probelm or annoying is if someone thought you needed it on screen for some reason...
    That aint too bad then. I remember seeing a screenshot with the fairy on and thinking "Oh good Links got a fairy again" as I liked Navi in Ocarina, however I did also think that the sprite for the fairy wasn't up to much. Only a while later did someone explain it was only on the Wii controler version and doesn't interact with the game at all.