Thread: Undead, New movie (well to me)

Undisclosed

Undead, New movie (well to me)

I actually havent seen it all, Im watching it right now. Its 2003 from Australia and my guide says its a comedy. Its not really a comedy but its not very serious either. So far its run of the mill other than the meteors. Wow they are very calm and collected about the beams of light that abduct insects. They focus in a little too much on the main gal I think. Shes not all that and yet they seem to think filing up her nose is dramatic. It has become almost pass a in horror films that the "weird" thing that is happening is taken lightly in order to get through the movie. If the world really was being bombarded by meteors and specimens collected, I dont think people would be so reluctant. I guess thats what moves actors to the A list.

All in all its not hard to watch, but its nothing special either. Think Im going to watch the Christmas lights special instead and catch the second half on of this one on the west coast. Im just glad to see that zombies are not dead!
    Look behind you!!!

Undisclosed
    There was a lot of word of mouth hype for it a couple of years ago, so I expected it to be something good. Eh. Not bad, but I did find myself nodding off more than a few times.
    "Move over, boys. I'm one of the gang now." - Mantan Moreland

United States
    i have it on but not really paying attention to it

it's, different that's for sure

Undisclosed
    Ok so I watched the whole thing this time. I would actually recommend it!!! Dont expect a GAR film, but do expect an interesting enough tale. Undead is a worthwhile little escape with a few rough edges.
    Look behind you!!!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoldwarrior View Post
    Ok so I watched the whole thing this time. I would actually recommend it!!! Dont expect a GAR film, but do expect an interesting enough tale. Undead is a worthwhile little escape with a few rough edges.
    Could you give us a brief synopsis of what its about?

"I dont know whats better getting laid or getting paid, I just
    know that when I get one the others getting away!"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    Could you give us a brief synopsis of what its about?
    Undead is a GREAT movie! I wanted to write a lengthy synopsis but I really couldn't be bothered so I took this from IMDb.

Peaceful, rustic Berkeley is a charming fishing community where life is sweet and the people friendly. All that is about to change. After losing her childhood farm to the bank, local beauty Rene decides to leave town and head for the big city. Suddenly, an avalanche of meteorites races through the sky, bombarding the town and bringing an otherworldly infection. Departing is going to be much more difficult than she had planned. The living dead are awakened and Rene is now caught in a nightmare of zombies hungry for human flesh. She manages to find salvation in a small isolated farm house owned by the town loony, Marion. There she is met with four other desperate survivors. Together they battle their way through a plague of walking dead and discover that there is more transpiring than just an infection.
    Here's the trailer.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    its one of my favourite zombei movies its easy to say that, shaun was like the real dead series, but undead seems more in the vein of buffy the vampire slayer, and there are some funny moments, its one i can recommend, though yeah, old news man, but if you aint seem it check it out, it was all done in adobe premier and they did all the cgi themselves on a home pc so its pretty damn impressive.

Undisclosed
    Nice work on the synopsis and the trailer !

I realize its an older movie, but I dont rent movies and I rarely go to the theater. Undead premiered on Showtime last night and thats how I found out about it and saw it. They did a great job on the cgi even though Im partial to good old special effects. I may be reading to much into it, but I think they had a few hidden suggestions throughout the film. My favorite was the reference to the Resident Evil series of games. The main gal was pounding on a door and a shimmer of light was shown as the key fell to the ground. Nice touch! You just have to love the part when the alien says "now put your clothes back on" and the other one replies "Im comfortable whit who I am" LOL!
    Look behind you!!!