Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Diary of the Dead might suck.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Personal attacks directed at me because of my opinion regarding DJ's disappointing film debut and the state of Romero's mental health are uncalled for and a bit juvenile.
    How is it an attack or juvenile when they are merely providing their opinion of the quality of your posts?

It is a tad duplicitous to call someone's effort mediocre and then cry when someone is not charitable in describing your effort.

I am closing the thread, at least temporarily, in order to give the mods an opportunity to review it without it spiraling into a full on flame war. Stay tuned.

Administrator

England
    I've re-opened the thread... Please let's have some peace and goodwill!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereval View Post
    Overwhelmingly skeptical forecasts are just as interesting as the bulletproof fanboy perspectives. It seems like these two sides always pit themselves against each other by posts that bait the opposition. The common skeptic points I read are always surrounding Romero's age and the success of Land of the Dead, or even his overall track record. In these positions, it's rarely acknowledged that the guy's been making films for 40 years and is still chugging along. Few blockbuster and critically acclaimed filmmakers can boast this. On the other side, there's this blanket notion that everything Romero does is gold. Obviously, this bias lends itself to denial and favoritism, which I suppose is to be expected.

Personally, I haven't liked everything George has done, but there are certain things that I love and revere about the man and his work. It's this respect that I use as a basis for talking about the guy and what he's done or is doing. When I hear things along the lines of Romero being too old or not being able to make a good movie, all I hear is something like fanboy regression - that stage of appreciation where bitterness or shame has set in from lack of appeasement that matches previous times or eras. The feeling of failure to the fans, the "where's Superman?" abandonment syndrome weighes heavily on the minds of what truly are honest and anxious fans.

Because that's all we are: fans.

Maybe sometimes when we get too negative, we should remember this. We sit high on our recliner thrones sometimes praising the hard work of others and pissing the ones that don't gain our approval. Meanwhile, the people we criticize are entertaining and even inspiring others.

This is not so much directed at you, Chaos. Your post brought to mind the bigger issue of fans and critics. I don't share you opinion. But even though you make points that may hold some kind of validity, it's far from a balanced argument to state your disdain as fact. In my own personal opinion, the man is gold if not always the stuff he does. This lends credence to my viewpoints, be it criticism or praise.

Well said Cereval..
    There are a few of Georges films I can pass on too, but in general I love the mans effort to entertain and maintain contact with his fans through his films... he has been at it a very long time and has etched his mark in the film industry, thats unmistakable.... not all the DEAD films are perfect, but they are superior to all of the blatant rip offs who claim George as their inspiration and then trash his schematics for the zombie lore ...
    flawed as they may be , his films do indeed stand the test of time and that is a testimonial to any film makers skills...
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah, its cus of people like that who made it so damn near all zombie movies need a "if you get bitten you become one", granted that was hinted at in day but did he ever turn?, no. in the night films if they get bit then die of infection then theyl get up cus some unkown thing is causing all dead to rise, no some damn flu type virus, but thanks to people who rip off romero thats all we have in zombie movies now, and if dj doesnt use the "annoying somones got bitten" scene most **** zombie films do in deadlands 2, which he didnt in deadlands: the rising, hes one of few people who really are sticking to the same mythos and not trying to do the damn plague thing, cus lets face it its been done to death, then becuase of a zombie "plague" it got up, then it was killed again.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    To say that you'll completely "write him off" is a bit extreme and quite frankly, makes you come off as a bit of an imbecile.

Every artist has work that doesn't stand out as well as the rest. Doesn't mean that the other works aren't worth experiencing.
    Bassman,

LOVE the reefer madness gif!!!

Personal attacks directed at me because of my opinion regarding DJ's disappointing film debut and the state of Romero's mental health are uncalled for and a bit juvenile.

You need a shrink, not a message board. I think you should talk to a professional about your many deep seeded neuroses. They are obviously effecting your personal life and the time spent on this forum.

Let this serve as a warning to anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who chooses to let something as insignificant as a post on a message board, be turned into a personal attack on my character (or anyone elses for that matter).

Sure, I might be the new guy but i'm nobody's doormat.

Here's a tip: Get a clue!

We're all here because we're fans. Let's not lose sight of that.
    Here's a reasonable question Chaos, have you seen DJs movie?

If not, how can you call it a dissapointing debut? It sounds like you just threw that out there as a defense.

Another one, "Let this serve as a warning" Are you fvcking serious. Do you really think ANYONE is going to read that and actually take you seriously? You throw out something like that protecting your "Character" and then you've got a big confederate rag in your signature. Gimme a break!

There's your warning everyone, don't insult Chaos or he'll get mad and, and, well...... write something! OOOOOOO!!!!!! "Let this serve as a warning" OMFG I haven't laughed so freaking hard in ages!

Dude, aren't you the same guy that started the whole argument over the racist confederate rag? Ease up and try to fit in a little better before you start going around pissing people off, Let that serve a as a warning to you!!!
    Last edited by dmbfanintn; 18-Dec-2006 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    Bassman,

LOVE the reefer madness gif!!!

Here's a reasonable question Chaos, have you seen DJs movie?

If not, how can you call it a dissapointing debut? It sounds like you just threw that out there as a defense.

Another one, "Let this serve as a warning" Are you fvcking serious. Do you really think ANYONE is going to read that and actually take you seriously? You throw out something like that protecting your "Character" and then you've got a big confederate rag in your signature. Gimme a break!

There's your warning everyone, don't insult Chaos or he'll get mad and, and, well...... write something! OOOOOOO!!!!!! "Let this serve as a warning" OMFG I haven't laughed so freaking hard in ages!

Dude, aren't you the same guy that started the whole argument over the racist confederate rag? Ease up and try to fit in a little better before you start going around pissing people off, Let that serve a as a warning to you!!!
    Yeah, and i've seen your pic. You are morbidly obese and live in Tennessee. And speaking of the Confederacy seceding from the Union, maybe your lumpy ass needs to secede from the refrigerator?

Don't even lecture me about "fitting" in either. Your fat ass hasn't been an easy fit for anything in quite some time, I would imagine.

And FYI, as of yesterday, this was a non-issue. But since you insisted on digging up old bones, this is what you get for not letting sleeping corpses lie.

Oh, and by the way, have a Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by Chaos; 19-Dec-2006 at 12:54 AM.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Oh, and by the way, have a Merry Christmas!
    My gift to the community this holiday season is to close this thread. Since ithe thread has degenerated to flaming (and to not very clever flaming at that) I believe only the flamers will be upset by this action.