Thread: 360 vs p$3

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

360 vs p$3

gamespot has compared them graphics wise and though i dont buy a game based on grapihcs ,though normally the prettier the game the easier it is, the p$3 is only slightly better than the 360 on most games, and i dont know about you but something only slightly better than a 360 with only the same functions as a psp with a few tacked add ons is not worth the extra 300-500 quid of my hard earned money.

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6162...&click=topslot

capncnut
    So that's the gaming equivalent of god these days is it, a tiny little re-touch? Is it just me or did a couple of the 360 images look better than the P$3 ones? Seemed a lot bolder in my eyes.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Is it just me or did a couple of the 360 images look better than the P$3 ones?

Well did you read the comparison conclusion ?....Gamespot sided with Xbox360 as having both better graphics and superior framerates....

The Xbox 360 had better graphics in almost all the games we examined. The 360's biggest victories were in Madden 07 and Fight Night Round 3, where the differences in texture detail and lighting stood out in our comparison shots. We couldn't capture this in the screenshots, but the Xbox 360 games generally offered better framerates too.
    But....

We're going to give the PS3 the benefit of the doubt in this initial round since developers might need more time to figure out how to maximize performance from the Cell and the RSX. If you look at the Xbox 360's first Madden game, Madden 06, you'll notice that it doesn't offer very realistic stadium shadows, either. The trouble with buying a console at launch is that you often have to wait for the second or third generation of games for the system to fulfill its potential. The PS3 didn't beat the 360 in this first comparison, but the games do look fine for first-generation titles. The real graphics battle will likely come next year.

Also just so everyone knows....I posted this exact article a WEEK ago....and Hellsing...you were one of the people that responded to this exact same article a week ago...?....what gives http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ead.php?t=4564
    no big deal though...
    Last edited by Terran; 14-Dec-2006 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

capncnut
    Yeah, I remember now.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    heh, even the same name too, well thats a waste of time huh?

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Also just so everyone knows....I posted this exact article a WEEK ago....and Hellsing...you were one of the people that responded to this exact same article a week ago...?....what gives
    He wants to be just like you, but also steal your fire in the process.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ever wonder what the difference between steaing someones fire and thunder is?

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    I would say 360, as of now. We'll have to wait for Sony's second generation games before we reach a final decision on the matter. This is just the beginning of the "next-gen" console wars and only time will tell.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ever wonder what the difference between steaing someones fire and thunder is?
    I figure they are synonymous.