Question Suing Nintendo?

Clicky

amazing what some people will try.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow. That's farking lame/annoying.

Undisclosed
    Yeah I heard about this for a while....I just dont know if they can win....

There does seem to be a significant difference between Interlink’s patent and Nintendo’s design, however. Whereas Nintendo’s controller moves an on-screen cursor by moving the actual input device in 3D, Interlink’s patent describes a pointing mechanism that centers around a touch-sensitive pad and buttons, not the movement of the entire unit (“The multiple control elements are responsive to finger pressure to operate switch elements…”).

Still, the suit primarily takes issue with the trigger element that is shared between the two designs.
    They seem to be literally sueing over just the trigger portion of the Wiimote....I wonder if the trigger was a different shape would they have bothered lol....

I believe the same company or related company sued both Microsoft and Sony over the rumble feature (or something else) in their controllers.... Microsoft settled out of court...Sony fought it and lost 50-80 million dollars I dont remember....It might have been bs but I dont feel like loooking it up at the moment...

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

capncnut
    This company will soon get their come-uppance. I mean, sueing over a rumble pad is one thing (apparently the actual rumble feature was owned by a dildo company ) but the design of a trigger? How utterly petty and stupid.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    This company will soon get their come-uppance. I mean, sueing over a rumble pad is one thing (apparently the actual rumble feature was owned by a dildo company ) but the design of a trigger? How utterly petty and stupid.
    Im going to start patenting shapes.... I call circles!!

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    rediculous...

But I want stars.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i call squares

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Wii's a sellout and the big N is making millions and all of a sudden interlink sues them! i hope they win cos the big N is ripping us brits off with the Wii's £180 price.

Administrator

England
    are you retarded? thats the cheapest of any console.. the 360 is selling for twice that! the PS3 is going to be 4 times that!..

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    Wii's a sellout and the big N is making millions and all of a sudden interlink sues them! i hope they win cos the big N is ripping us brits off with the Wii's £180 price.
    this is the most retarded post ive ever read on the internet.period.

capncnut
    BWAAAHAAA!!!

United States
    Your joking right? The Wii is the best value on the market right now and who cares if a company is making millions on a great product. At least they aren't like Sony and making a crappy product and charging a lot for it.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Super Moderator

UK
    At least they aren't like Sony and making a crappy product and charging a lot for it.
    AND being really arrogant about it all in the process. The sheer self-chuffing that's come out of Sony's camp over the past couple of years has been astounding.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    Your joking right? The Wii is the best value on the market right now and who cares if a company is making millions on a great product. At least they aren't like Sony and making a crappy product and charging a lot for it.

COUGH-PSP-COUGH!

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    AND being really arrogant about it all in the process. The sheer self-chuffing that's come out of Sony's camp over the past couple of years has been astounding.

once again, as above
    Last edited by Danny; 13-Dec-2006 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Yanks are paying £125 - £130 for the exact same product and there's absolutely no reason for it to be £180 in Britain other then the fact they can do it and get away with it. It's greedy bastards exactly like them that are the cause of Britains culture of unhappiness. I am in no way defending sony or Microsoft's price points either, as their prices just dont match up.