Thread: Hood of the Living Dead?

United States

Hood of the Living Dead?

While doing some Christmas shopping in a movie store, I managed to pick up a copy of Land of the Dead for my brother. I think he will like it. He has probably only seen Night of the Living Dead, if that, so it might be his first Romero zombie movie.

The store currently has a deal where you buy one movie and you get another one free. So I also picked up used copies of Hood of the Living Dead and Undead. I saw a separate thread on Undead, but what about Hood of the Living Dead? Sure, I can easily watch it but I was wondering what somebody else thought. I didn't see a specific thread, just minor references in much longer ones.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Hood of the Living Dead is pure, frothing $hit. It isn't even worth a rental. But if you really want to see it, just look for it on a premium cable channel during the night. I caught it on SHOWTIME BEYOND right after Psycho Cop Returns and Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers. That's one helluva a movie three pack, huh!?!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers.
    I would pay to see that

Oh well, Brubaker. You win some, you lose some I guess. I struck out hard when I bought "Return of the Living Dead". Ughh....I get the shakes just thinking about it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Hood of the Living Dead is pure, frothing $hit. It isn't even worth a rental. But if you really want to see it, just look for it on a premium cable channel during the night. I caught it on SHOWTIME BEYOND right after Psycho Cop Returns and Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers. That's one helluva a movie three pack, huh!?!
    Too late. Like I said above, I bought it used from a video store as part of a buy one, get one free promotion. At least it was the "free" movie. I watched selective scenes, not the entire movie. It seems like there is hardly any zombie action. There are very few zombies at all and the outbreak is limited. I don't suppose the ending was a real surprise, though

England
    I heard hood of the living dead is gash,so i wont watch it as it will tarnish my appreciation of good zombie films!

United States
    How could you not tell just from the title?
    has there ever been a decent movie with the word hood in the title (other than boyz in the hood)?
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

England
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    has there ever been a decent movie with the word hood in the title (other than boyz in the hood)?
    And of course "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking your Juice in the Hood" which is funny

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    And of course "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking your Juice in the Hood" which is funny
    forgot that one! And it is funny
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    I stand by my choice, the movie WAS free. Besides, some people like the various Robin Hood movies that have come out over the years.

United States
    dont even stealing it. its thats bad